John Hagee

View previous topic View next topic Go down

John Hagee

Post by zone on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 pm

JOHN HAGEE AGREES WITH WORD FAITH PROSPERITY PREACHER JOHN AVANZINI

By Ken Silva pastor-teacher on Aug 20, 2008 in Current Issues, Features, John Hagee, Word Faith
Apprising Ministries shows in John Hagee Helps Raise Funds For TBN that the connection to the Word Faith movement by John Hagee continues.
Below Jerry Jackson, from his piece John Hagee—Preacher of Truth or Apostle of Error?, gives us some more about details concerning Hagee’s preaching the Prosperity Gospel of the Word Faith movement:

John Hagee believes that it is God’s will for God’s people to be healthy and prosperous, as long as they obey God’s ordinances. On April 16, 1993 John Hagee appeared on the Praise-A-Thon broadcast of the Trinity Broadcasting Network. During this appearance he said that “poverty is caused by sin and disobeying the Word of God.” In another Praise-A-Thon broadcast on November 4, 1992 he said, “poverty is a curse.”

According to Hagee, Christians achieve prosperity through giving. In the same November 4, 1992 broadcast he said, “When you give to God, He controls your income. There is no such thing as a fixed income in the kingdom of God. Your income is controlled by your giving”…

In the same November 4, 1992 Praise-A-Thon broadcast, John Hagee said, “There is a relationship between your soul and physical and financial prosperity. ‘This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth.’ That’s the spoken Word of God. ‘And then shalt thou prosper and have good success.’ When? After you speak and act upon the Word of God. And you’ve been hearing that tonight out of the mouth of John Avanzini (well known Faith teacher).” (Online source)
So according to John Hagee, “There is a relationship between your soul and physical and financial prosperity… After you speak and act upon the Word of God. And you’ve been hearing that tonight out of the mouth of John Avanzini.” Well, following are some classic Word Faith prosperity teachings from “the mouth” of Dr. John Avanzini:

Jesus was handling big money because that treasurer He had was a thief. Now you can’t tell me that a ministry with a treasurer that’s a thief can operate on a few pennies. It took big money to operate that ministry because Judas was stealing out of that bag.”
(Praise the Lord, TBN 09/15/88)

Jesus had a nice house, a big house–big enough to have company stay the night with Him at the house. Let me show you His house. Go over to John the first chapter and I’ll show you His house. . . Now, child of God, that’s a house big enough to have company stay the night in. There’s His house…

John 19 tells us that Jesus wore designer clothes. Well, what else you gonna call it? Designer clothes–that’s blasphemy. No, that’s what we call them today. I mean, you didn’t get the stuff He wore off the rack. It wasn’t a one-size-fits-all deal. No, this was custom stuff. It was the kind of a garment that kings and rich merchants wore. Kings and rich merchants wore that garment…

You don’t think these Apostles didn’t walk around with money? I mean, they had money. I just thank God that I saw this and gave up the denominational line and got on God’s line before I starved me and all my family to death. Go to Acts 24. 1 mean. you don’t think there wasn’t money in this Paul’s life! … Paul had the kind of money that people, that government officials, would, would block up justice to try to get a bribe out of old Paul.”
(Believer’s Voice of Victory,TBN 01/20/91)
And in her excellent article John Avanzini and His Talking Stones Ingrid Schlueter recaps her experience at the 2008 Inspiring Excellence conference when she heard Azanzini speak:

Avanzini had a whole new doctrinal revelation to tell us about: the doctrine of reverse entrapment. If you’ve never heard of that before, that’s because God just showed it to him right there. Reverse entrapment is when you put a gift to Avanzini on a credit card and outsmart the lenders who are trying to get rich off your debt. When you put a gift on a credit card, I quote, “something happens in the spirit world.”

Here he tells everyone how to have a credit card breakthrough. Turns out Avanzini has a way for you to get rid of your mortgage debt. All you have to do is to give him a gift the size of your house payment and God will see that your mortgage gets paid off right away. If you don’t have a house, $500 will do nicely for future debt. Avanzini assured us that it worked for him. (Online source)
It should be noted that I have personally seen this message and after Avanzini teaches that foolishness, which he does attribute to God, he turns to his close friend pastor Robb Thompson–who puts on the Inspiring Excellence conference–and asks, “Pastor, am I out of bounds with that?” Thompson emphatically encourages Avanzini and he continues right on with his fleecing of the flock.

The message by Word Faith wolf John Avanzini referred to above was the 7/17 PM service and you can view it for yourself in the archives of Inspiring Excellence here.

http://apprising.org/2008/08/20/john-hagee-agrees-with-word-faith-prosperity-preacher-john-avanzini/
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: John Hagee

Post by zone on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 pm

this article in full covers a lot of ground, and is posted also here: http://christian-wilderness.forumvi.com/t27-the-scriptural-story-of-the-true-israel-of-god#1179

and here: http://christian-wilderness.forumvi.com/t144-who-really-owns-the-holy-land#1178

~
HAGEE AND HIS 'REPLACEMENT' THEOLOGY:

I will argue that it is we Christians, as members of Christ's Messianic kingdom, who are the real heirs to the land promises of Holy Scripture, but only in their fulfilled paradisical character. 6.

[6. I happily acknowledge my great debt to O. Palmer Robertson, The Israel of God: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow (Presbyterian and Reformed, 2000), 3-31, for many of the thoughts in this section of the paper.]
Hagee terms this view "replacement theology" because, he says, it "replaces" in the economy of God the Jewish people who are, he says, "God's centerpiece" and "the apple of his eye" (Zechariah 2:) with the church of Jesus Christ. Of course, Hagee's perception of ethnic Israel is in error, because ethnic Israel per se was never the center-piece of God's covenant program since, according to Paul, God's promises always applied only to the true spiritual Israel (that is, elect Israel) within ethnic Israel (Romans 9:6-13); and the land promises of the Old Testament, as we will show, were always to be viewed typologically. Nevertheless, Hagee has thrown down the Dispensational gauntlet; and it is high time that covenant theologians picked it up and responded to him Biblically. This is what I propose to do now. But I offer a word of caution, and it is this: Reflect carefully upon what I say before you accept or reject it. With that caveat I will now begin with a discussion of Eden and the Abrahamic Covenant

http://gospelpedlar.com/articles/Last20Things/holy_land.html
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 pm

"The Jewish people have a relationship to God through the law as given through Moses. I believe that every Gentile person can only come to God through the cross of Christ. I believe that every Jewish person who lives in the light of the Torah...has a relationship with God and will come to redemption."

~ John Hagee Houston Chronicle (April 30, 1988)

HERESY!

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Strangelove wrote:"The Jewish people have a relationship to God through the law as given through Moses. I believe that every Gentile person can only come to God through the cross of Christ. I believe that every Jewish person who lives in the light of the Torah...has a relationship with God and will come to redemption."

~ John Hagee Houston Chronicle (April 30, 1988)

HERESY!
aren't you glad you weren't reliant on him for the Good News, doc?
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:35 am

zone wrote:aren't you glad you weren't reliant on him for the Good News, doc?
Indeed.

Pretty obvious where this guys allegiances lie.

"I'm not trying to convert the Jewish people to the Christian faith... In fact, trying to convert Jews is a waste of time. Jews already have a covenant with God and that has never been replaced by Christianity."

(Houston Chronicle, April 30, 1988, sec, 6, pg. 1)

HERESY!

Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:00 pm

That hagee guy has an olympic sized swim lane reserved for him, right down the middle of the lake of fire. He'd better wear flame retardent skivvies for sure.
Son of Israel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

HAGEE & The Dispies

Post by zone on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:42 pm

“We want you to recognize that Iran is a clear and present danger to the United States of America and Israel. And… that it’s time for our country to consider a military preemptive strike against Iran if they will not yield to diplomacy.” – John Hagee, Christians United for Israel, July 17, 2007, Washington, D.C. (from Bill Moyers Journal, October 5, 2007).

According to a 2006 survey by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, American Protestants strongly support Israel in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This is because 53 percent believe Jews when they say, “This land is mine, God gave this land to me (theme from 1960 movie “Exodus,” written by Pat Boone). And 47 percent believe that “the state of Israel is a fulfillment of the biblical prophecy about the second coming of Jesus.”
These evangelicals believe in a historically-recent and flawed theological view of the last things called dispensationalism. This is a view that was born out of the “secret rapture” hallucinations of a Scottish girl in 1830. John Darby of the Plymouth Brethren adopted and embellished her hallucinations into the popular system we know today as dispensational premillennialism, popularized still more by the Scofield Reference Bible, Hal Lindsey’s The Late Great Planet Earth, and Tim LaHaye’s Left Behind series.

However, in the first 1,800 years of the history of the church, not a single Christian scholar ever came up with this secret rapture view. As well, for about 1,500 years (4th-19th century), the premillennial view was almost, if not totally, non-existent in the doctrines of the church. The view that was widely taught was this: the Second Coming is a single event when all history is consummated — Christ appears, all the dead (believers and unbelievers) are resurrected and judged, and eternity in the new heaven and new earth begins. This is what is known as amillennialism, which regards the thousand years of Revelation 20:1-6 as symbolic of a very long, but complete, period of time – the “last days” or “last hour” between the two comings of Christ (Acts 2:16-17; cf 1 Cor 10:11; Heb 1:2; Heb 9:26; cf 1 Pet 1:20; cf 1 John 2:18).
What does dispensationalism teach? All the teachings of dispensationalism rest on an overly literalistic understanding of Biblical prophecy. Dispensationalism regards what they think as unfulfilled prophesies given to Israel in the Old Testament as having a literal fulfillment in a future millennium. Two major errors issue from this erroneous
literalistic understanding:

The first error is the Christian “parenthesis.” When Christ came, God’s Plan A was that Christ would offer his kingdom to the Jews, but the Jews instead rejected and killed him. This was totally unexpected by the prophets (and by necessary consequence, by God too!). So God implemented his Plan B to save Israel: he will establish the church, and the church in turn would evangelize the Jews.
The second error is the eternal distinction between Israel and the church. According to dispensationalism, there was never – and there will never be – a time when Israel was part of the universal church. The church is God’s heavenly people, while national Israel is God’s earthly people – two entirely different plans.

Who are God’s Chosen People Today?

The biblical mandates for supporting Israel began with Genesis 12:3: ‘I will bless those who bless you and I will curse those who curse you.’ Secondly, David said in Psalms 122:6, ‘Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. They shall prosper that love you.’” – Hagee, July 17, 2007.
“The land of Israel was given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and their seed in an eternal covenant… And that land belongs to the Jewish people today, tomorrow and forever because it is their covenant by the word of God.” – Hagee, September 18, 2005.
For sure, if we were Jews in the Old Testament times, we would understand these texts as referring only to national Israel. This is dispensationalism’s incomplete understanding of the Old Testament – as if the New Testament does not exist. But when Christ came, the apostles, who were all descendants of Abraham, understood the Old Testament not literalistically, but as types and shadows of Christ and his atoning sacrifice (Col 2:16-17; Heb 8:5; Heb 9:23-24; Heb 10:1). Why did they interpret the Old Testament as such? Because Jesus showed them so! “And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself,” and “everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled” (Luke 24:27, 44).
Using Jesus’ own principle of interpretation, how then did the New Testament writers read the Old Testament prophecies regarding Israel?

First, Christ is the true Israel of God.
In explaining God’s promise to Abraham in Genesis 22:17-18, the apostle Paul says that “in [Abraham's] offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.” And who is Abraham’s “offspring”? Paul says in Galatians 3:16 that since the text uses the singular, “offspring,” it is referring to Christ. Christ is the Israel of God, Abraham’s Offspring.

Thus, Matthew interprets all of the life of Jesus, from birth to death, as the ultimate fulfillment of the history of Israel as a nation.

http://www.twoagespilgrims.com/doctrine/?p=5
VERY COOL INFO..........
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:20 am

What bothers me about hagee, well, SOME, of what bothers me about him is:

He is Dispensationalist. But ALSO He is Dominionist.

Thats crazyness to me.

So we have a evengelical pentocostal, supporting POLITICAL Zionism(not even religious...just political) getting Christians on the band wagon. HE is waiting for the secret rapture, yet he ALSO wants to build the kingdom of God... here...

Hagge is also quoted as saying such:

"In another sermon, Hagee blamed American economic problems on the fact that the Federal Reserve System is controlled by "a group of Class A stockholders, including the Rothschilds." In the same series, Hagee further asserted that the Rothschilds, who are Jewish, were part of a wide-ranging conspiracy of "international power brokers based in Europe."

So...a Pretrib dominionist christian who supports Politcal Zionism, is AGAINST the federal reserve system, and thinks that the rothchilds are evil.

Confusion much?
http://www.talk2action.org/story/2010/5/21/162959/223

He is double minded. I think his confusion stems from his money. and his political ties. But that doesnt damn a man to hell. Pray for him that the scales would be removed.

I really dont belive Hagee is evil, at least not conciously...I just belive he may be the most confused man on this planet, and has way to much power and money, for his overwhelming confusion.

OR...no one really knows WHAT is truly going on.

KingdomSeeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:57 am

KingdomSeeker wrote:

I really dont belive Hagee is evil, at least not conciously....

he thinks nothing of dropping bombs on innocent people that Jesus wants to save.
that's evil.
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:53 pm

...True... I sometimes forget some of the things he has said and done.

Well, still doesnt mean we shouldnt pray for God to Have mercy on the Guy, ...though i guess its up for him to cry for mercy.

KingdomSeeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum