Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for End Times Events

3 posters

Go down

Preparing for End Times Events Empty Preparing for End Times Events

Post by superdave5221 Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:49 am

I've been thinking about events that seem to be ever more in the nearer future, and wondering, what should we be doing in these last times?

Should we be evangelizing with a sense of urgency, in order to get more people into the kingdom?

Should we be warning people of the coming judgement of God, and make them aware of the signs in order to bring them to belief?

Should we try to protect ourselves from calamity and allieviate our suffering by stockpiling food and supplies?

Should we form communities, like those Christians persecuted in Roman times, to help, care for, comfort, and fellowship with during the harsh times to come?

With the financial meltdown coming, as a result of our nation's use of financial weapons of mass destruction, can widespread hunger, chaos, protests and mass unrest, with the resulting martial law and loss of freedom be far behind?

Can we protect or shield ourselves in any way from these events?

Should we even try?

These are the times when I wish Scofield was right, but we pray for God's will to be done in all things.

superdave5221

Back to top Go down

Preparing for End Times Events Empty Re: Preparing for End Times Events

Post by zone Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:52 pm

hi Dave!

superdave5221 wrote:I've been thinking about events that seem to be ever more in the nearer future, and wondering, what should we be doing in these last times?

Should we be evangelizing with a sense of urgency, in order to get more people into the kingdom?

Should we be warning people of the coming judgement of God, and make them aware of the signs in order to bring them to belief?.

absolutely. i think preaching the Law & Gospel faithfully, warning that God's wrath IS COMING ONTO ALL MEN, that Day is coming, and the only hope is the averting of His Wrath by the shed blood of Jesus is the #1 goal. but along with that comes the keeping of ourselves faithful.

i finally found my church Dave.....just thrilled. and God willing i will stay with them (or others in another town, its confessional Lutheranism) til the end, publically and joyfully. not too much else matters to me. i kinda just go through the motions with the rest of life these days...trying to simplify, get rid of what i don't need....keep separate from the chaos.

i guess i long for the resurrection.

superdave5221 wrote:
Should we try to protect ourselves from calamity and allieviate our suffering by stockpiling food and supplies?.

i think that's our responsibility in that we should be making sure we don't become burdens on others! and hopefully have something for our neighbours when the time comes. some say that's relying on the flesh instead of God but i see nowhere He tells us to be inactive and not provide for ourselves and our families. what good are we if we are running around begging when we could have been preparing?

if those things come in the place of something the Lord may have in His plan for us, then that has to be let go of as well....i.e: self-preservation when the issue is CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION is prolly not the plan. but taking care of ourselves and families until we are called to suffer FOR HIS NAME'S SAKE is a good thing.

superdave5221 wrote:
Should we form communities, like those Christians persecuted in Roman times, to help, care for, comfort, and fellowship with during the harsh times to come?.

some do that, many are...in the end, it won't matter because they will come for us. but i reckon we should be caring for each other until then. separating ourseleves so far as in leaving no one to share to Gospel or try to help the beggars etc doesn't sound right either.

i look at it this way: if its motivated by fear of man its wrong. if its motivated by planning to serve the church and help the suffering its ok.

superdave5221 wrote:
With the financial meltdown coming, as a result of our nation's use of financial weapons of mass destruction, can widespread hunger, chaos, protests and mass unrest, with the resulting martial law and loss of freedom be far behind?.

with the very next false flag blamed on Iran or Pakistan, martial Law will be here. so no, it is not far behind. its already here. i'll start posting agin on where we are in the police state, as that's the clearest indicator of the fullness of any tyranny.

superdave5221 wrote:
Can we protect or shield ourselves in any way from these events?.Should we even try?

not if the requirement is denying Jesus or reacting out of fear of man.

i think of the elderly christians in nursing homes, brethren that need help and will need it. and i think remaining avaiable for that is needed. laying down our lives for them. we gotta stay healthy and stocked up for that right?

if its just common sense and being prepared, yes we can.

superdave5221 wrote:
These are the times when I wish Scofield was right, but we pray for God's will to be done in all things.

LOL! that's funny Dave.

but God's Will is and will be done. we are going home, the Holy Spirit is carrying us to glory, and the best we can do is hold on and keep overcoming by the means God has provided...Jesus Christ and the gospel and our testimony.

love zone.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by superdave5221 Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Hey Zone,

I am so happy for you that you have found a congregation to commune with! I really think that in these trying times, we will need each other for strength and encouragement.

The concern that I have with my present congregation is that they are unaware of what is about to happen. They speak of their belief that the end times are near, but they do not know what that means in terms of sacrifice and suffering.

I would say that the majority of them believe that they will continue their lives as they always have, until Jesus Christ comes out of the sky with angels blowing loud trumphets. If I were to speak my eschatological beliefs, they would probably think me to be a little deranged.

It is the same with other people that I talk to. Some of them actually believe that I may be right, and acknowledge such, but continue to live as they have before. There attitude is "if it happens, it happens". This would be good, if they actually believed it, and just accepted it as the will of God. But instead, they actually don't believe it, because they don't want to believe it. Will such people be able to do what they must do when the time comes, or will they succumb to the beast?

Consider Peter in the following:

Luke 22: 31 "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." 33 But he replied, "Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death." 34 Jesus answered, "I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me."

Some time later:

Luke 22: 60 Peter replied, "Man, I don't know what you're talking about!" Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed. 61 The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times." 62 And he went outside and wept bitterly.

Now Peter was not a coward. Even though Jesus had told the disciples many times of what must come to pass, they did not truly believe it, because they did not want to believe it. When the time came, it was difficult to accept that which they had denied many times in their hearts.

A different Peter presents himself in John 21 when he finally accepts and believes and understands what has and will happen. In this instance, Jesus speaks plainly what will happen, and how Peter will sacrifice himself in order to glorify God.

How will people respond to sacrifice if they are not ready for it? That is my concern.

May God bless you in all that you do.

Love, Superdave.

superdave5221

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:06 pm

couldn't agree more Dave.

and we may only have a few minutes to make that stand: DENY JESUS? or FOLLOW HIM on that Cross, that death sentence.

i believe the elect will persevere, they will follow Him.

but we do have a responsibility to warn...that much is certain.

reading those 7 letters is a good reminder of what Jesus is looking for.

keeping His words and not denying His name. Remaining in His teaching. continuing in the faith (and doctrine)...forget the babies who cry "head knowledge! Pharisee!" i'd rather study than wing it. besides...i love his words!

i reckon they'll see it as it unfolds.

trouble is the lying signs and wonders are coming. that's the part they're not expecting. persecution is one thing...deception is another. they think picking up their cross is not having a beer or not going to the movies or serving in the soup kitchen.

in one sense, denying self is it...but to what end? BEING WILLING TO BELIEVE THAT THIS LIFE IS NOT THE END. we've already taken part in the first resurrection (which is a complex involving the new birth and the first death when we are absent from the body and present with the Lord - per rev 20).

WATCH OUT!

BEWARE!

BE ON YOUR GUARD! all those warnings....

love you dave.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:36 pm

zone wrote:i look at it this way: if its motivated by fear of man its wrong. if its
motivated by planning to serve the church and help the suffering its
ok.

Great advice there I think. Totally agree.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum