Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Islam

3 posters

Go down

What is Islam Empty What is Islam

Post by moso Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:18 pm

What is Islam

Islam is a journey, complete it.

Islam is a struggle, fight for it.

Islam is a goal, achieve it.

Islam is an opportunity, take it.

Islam is not for sinners, overcome it.

Islam is not a game, don't play with it.

Islam is not a mystery, behold it.

Islam is not for cowards, face it.

Islam is not for the dead, live it.

Islam is a promise, fulfil it.

Islam is a duty, perform it.

Islam is a treasure (the Prayer), pray it.

Islam is a beautiful way of life, see it.

Islam has a message for you, hear it.

Islam is love, love it.

Remember My Brothers And Sisters

That We Have So Much To Be Thankful For.

Islam is the Worlds Fastest Growing Religion.

moso

Back to top Go down

What is Islam Empty Re: What is Islam

Post by zone Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:34 pm

moso wrote:
What is Islam

Islam is not for sinners.

which is one reason:

moso wrote:
Islam is the Worlds Fastest Growing Religion.

unfortunately, an unwillingness to admit you are a sinner is a sign of being a fallen creature in rebellion. every religion in the world places its hope in man's inherent goodness and the fact that he is not a sinner (or at least not a BAD enough to sinner he can balance it with good deeds).

this one thing which separates Christianity from all other beliefs.

and it is the path to hell and destruction.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:45 pm

moso wrote:Islam is not for sinners, overcome it.

Have you overcome sin moso?

Let us know when islam lets you in ok? Coz at the moment its not for you.

moso wrote:Islam is the Worlds Fastest Growing Religion.

Atheism/satanism/self worship is the fastest growing religion.

"Big religion" is not a big seller for us mate:

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by moso Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:20 pm

I agree any good relegion should not promote sins, siad that there is no green card to paradise ... What we do in life echoes in eternity ...

God could simply make us all the same color, language and a believe , but he did gave us a heart and a brain that sins are not accepted regardless of the color of card that you use … so you are right that I’m not happy of my sins

moso

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 pm

moso wrote:I agree any good relegion should not promote sins, siad that there is no green card to paradise ... What we do in life echoes in eternity ...

God could simply make us all the same color, language and a believe , but he did gave us a heart and a brain that sins are not accepted regardless of the color of card that you use … so you are right that I’m not happy of my sins

So you have sins?

Then islam is not for you.

Whats next? We know you are never gonna overcome your sin so I'll tell you what....I'll shuffle the pack and you pick whatever color card you want and we can both pray that the flipside has the Lord Jesus Christ on it...the OVERCOMMER.

We overcome IN HIM because HE DID IT. He did it all for us already.

1 John 4:4-6 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (5) They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. (6) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus is the green card to paradise.

Working your way to heaven is the spirit of error. You cannot get there based on your righteousness.

You are not happy with your sin. Good. Sin is of the devil. So you have a choice. Either stop sinning COMPLETELY (impossible) or press into the covenant of the one greater than you. The mediator Chist Jesus will petition God on your behalf and God WILL declare you not guilty of sin and spare you punishment BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH ALONE.

Some changes may occur in your life for the better after you accept Jesus as your Saviour, which will not be credited to your account. We do not have a 'sin +/- account' with God. God does not accept "try harder" or "kinda keeping the law"....He accepts only perfect holiness. Thats why we need to be clothed in Jesus perfect righteousness. Nothing else will do. This was the plan all along. The good news (Gospel). Salvation for fallen man.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moso Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Nice sequence of words and we both agreed now that Islam is not for Sinners in order to be a good Muslim.

All sins are forgivable in Islam if the person sincerely repents to Allah. The thing that cannot be forgiven if the person does not repent of it before dying is shirk or taking partners with Allah. Allah says [Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed] (An-Nisaa' 4:48).

Allah says in Surat Az-Zumar [Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful] (Az-Zumar 39:53).

So my question is: Why we need a proxy if we can go directly to the available Destination ? in simple logic this is an un-necessary step

moso

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 pm

moso wrote:Nice sequence of words and we both agreed now that Islam is not for Sinners in order to be a good Muslim.

All sins are forgivable in Islam if the person sincerely repents to Allah.

You said:

So, do you overcome sin simply by asking God for forgiveness?

So its got nothing to do with collecting good deeds then? Or has it?

moso wrote:
The thing that cannot be forgiven if the person does not repent of it before dying is shirk or taking partners with Allah. Allah says [Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed] (An-Nisaa' 4:48).

Well I'm sure glad that Christianity doesnt involve God having partners! What a silly concept that is! Lolz. Agreed.

moso wrote:
Allah says in Surat Az-Zumar [Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful] (Az-Zumar 39:53).

Sounds like a merciful God. Just like my God. Merciful that He will forgive the sins of those who wear the righteousness of the Saviour Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh. Those are the people who's sins will be forgotton.

OLD:

Jeremiah 14:10 Thus saith the LORD unto this people, Thus have they loved to wander, they have not refrained their feet, therefore the LORD doth not accept them; he will now remember their iniquity, and visit their sins.

NEW:

Hebrews 8:12-13 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (13) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

moso wrote:
So my question is: Why we need a proxy if we can go directly to the available Destination ? in simple logic this is an un-necessary step

The proxy and the destination are both God. Jesus is God. We need to believe in what Jesus did for us. We need HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. We know he beat sin and overcame the world. We know we cant do that. God will forget your sins IF you press into the new covenant of freedom and peace relying on the work of Christ, what He did. Not what you do.

Islam believes that Jesus Christ led a sinless life, and rose from the grave. How odd that you dont think he's God. How can He NOT be God???
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:50 pm

i agree with Doc moso.

hopefully we can all get real about how Holy God is and how far from that we are. so far that we need a RIGHTEOUSNESS not our own, and a RIGHTEOUSNESS APART from the Law.

please read this short article related to the Christian cults who end up so deluded they believe they are sinless. it relates to this discussion and should cause a stir in our hearts - dread that we ever would end so deceived we think we are equal to God in perfection or holiness (SINLESSNESS). i'm not claiming you say you're without sin, just that its critical, as Doc is stressing, to really understand God and His Law - only by knowing the Law can we hope to know our true condition.

The Heresy of Perfectionism

http://www.ligonier.org/blog/heresy-perfectionism/
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

What is Islam Empty God works in mysterious ways

Post by moso Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:33 pm

My name is Cassie, I am 23 years old. I graduated as a qualified nurse this year and was given my first position as a home nurse.

My patient was an English gentleman in his early 80s who suffered from Alzheimer's. In the first meeting the patient was given his record and from it could see that he was a convert to the ...religion of Islam, therefore he was a Muslim.

I knew from this that I would need to take into account some modes of treatment that my go against his faith, and therefore try to adapt my care to meet his needs. I brought in some ‘halal’ meat to cook for him and ensured that there was no pork or alcohol in the premises as I did some research which showed that these were forbidden in Islam.

My patient was a very advanced stage of his condition so a lot of my colleagues could not understand why I was going to so much effort for him, but I understood that a person who commits to a faith deserves that commitment to be respected, even if they are not in a position to understand.

Anyway after a few weeks with my patient I began to notice some patterns of movement.

At first I thought it was some copied motioned he's seen someone due, but I saw him repeat the movement as particular time; morning, afternoon, evening.

The movements were to raise his hands, bow and then put his head to the ground. I could not understand it. He was also repeating sentences in another language, I couldn’t figure out what language it was as his speech was slurred but I know the same verses were repeated daily.

Also there was something strange, he didnt allow me to feed him with my left hand {I am lefthanded}

Somehow I knew this linked to his religion but didn't know how.

One of my colleagues told me about paltalk as a place for debates and discussions and as I did not know any Muslims except for my patient I thought it would be good to speak to some live and ask questions. I went on the Islam section and entered the room ‘True Message.

Here I asked questioned regarding the repeated movements and was told that these were the actions of prayer, I did not really believe it until someone posted a link of the Islamic prayer on youtube.

I was shocked.

A man who has lost all memory of his children, of his occupation, and could barely eat and drink was able to remember not only actions of prayer but verses that were in another language.

This was nothing short of incredible and I knew that this man was devout in his faith, which made me want to learn more in order to care for him the best I could.

I came into the paltalk room as often as I could and was given a link to read the translation of the Quran and listen to it.

The chapter of the ‘Bee’ gave me chills and I repeated it several times a day.

I saved a recording of the Quran on my iPod and gave it to my patient to listen to, he was smiling and crying, and in reading the translation I could see why.

I applied what I gained from paltalk to my care for my patient but gradually found myself coming to the room to find answers for myself.

I never really took the time to look at my life; I never knew my father, my mother died when I was 3, me and my brother were raised by our grandparents who died 4 years ago, so now it's just the two of us.

But despite all this loss, I always thought I was happy, content.

I was only after spending time with my patient that felt like I was missing something. I was missing that sense of peace and tranquility my patient, even through suffering felt.

I wanted that sense of belonging and a part of something that he felt, even with no one around him.

I was given a list of mosques in my area by a lady on paltalk and went down to visit one. I watched the prayer and could not hold back my tears.

I felt drawn to the mosque every day and the imam and his wife would give me books and tapes and welcome any questions I had.

Every question I asked at the mosque and on paltalk was answered with such clarity and depth that could do nothing but accept them.

I have never practiced a faith but Always believed that there was a God; I just did not know how to worship Him.

One evening I came on paltalk and one of the speakers on the mic addressed me. He asked me if I have any questions, I said no. He asked if I was happy with the answers I was given, I said yes.

He asked then what was stopping me accepting Islam, I could not answer.

I went to the mosque to watch the dawn prayer the imam asked me the same question, I could not answer.

I then went to tend to my patient, I was feeding him and as I looked in his eyes I just realized, he was brought to me for a reason and the only thing stopping me from accepting was fear.... not fear in the sense of something bad, but fear of accepting something good, and thinking that I was not worthy like this man.

That afternoon I went to the mosque and asked the imam if I could say my declaration of faith, the Shahadah.

He helped me through it was I was shown how to walk and guided through would I would need to do next.

I cannot explain the feeling I felt when I said it.

It was like someone woke me up from sleep and sees everything more clearly.

The feeling was overwhelming joy, clarity and most of all.... peace.

The first person I told was not my brother but my patient.

I went to him, and before I even opened my mouth he cried and smiled at me.

I broke down in front of him, I owed him so much.

I came home logged on to paltalk and repeated the shahadah for the room.

They all helped me so much and even though I had never seen a single one of them, they felt closer to me then my own brother.

I did eventually call my brother to tell him and although he was wasn’t happy, he supported me and said he would be there, I couldn't ask for any more.

After my first week as a Muslim my patient passed away in his sleep while I was caring for him. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raj3oon

He died a peaceful death and I was the only person with him.

He was like the father I never had and he was my doorway to Islam.

From the day of my Shahadah to this very day and for every day for as long as I live, I will pray that Allah shows mercy on him and grant him every good deed I perform in the tenfold.

I loved him for the sake of Allah and I pray each night to become an atoms weight of the Muslim he was.

Islam is a religion with an open door; it is there for those who want to enter it.... Verily Allah is the Most Merciful, Most Kind.

* note *

Our sister Cassie passed away October 2010 Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raj3oon, after she gave dawa3 to her brother, who had accepted Islam Elhamdulileh.

May Allah swt grant sister Cassie Paradise Ameen Yarrab._

moso

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:44 pm

that's a wonderful story moso. i'm glad you've found a community who loves you.

i'm a Christian, and i do not accept Islam, but rather adore The Lord Jesus Christ and testify that He is the Son of the Living God and the Saviour. He is GOD.

but i'm not a missionary to those who are not willing. you know enough to seek, and have made your choice.

i'm always ready to be a friend to those who are willing, however.
i'm glad you are happy moso.
zone.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:28 pm

ADMIN----I've merged your new topic into your other one moso for 2 reasons.

1) I wanted to remind you that you still have outstanding points to answer on fundamental issues. Running off and starting new topics is a tactic I see frequently used by people who refuse to answer tough questions and I wont allow that here especially because....

2) I dont really want a hundred threads about Islam, even in the 'other religions' section, because this is a Christian forum. If you want to discuss Islam we can do it all under one roof.

Thanks mate. Hope you understand. Also, if you are going to paste text that is not your own you need to post a link to the site you copied from. Apologies if you have had a sex change and are now calling yourself Cassie and have returned from the Grave to post that OP. Which is unlikely as I saw you in person about 4 hours ago. lolz.
Very Happy ---ADMIN
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Islam is a religion with an open door; it is there for those who want to enter it

...but its not for sinners right?

...unless you can overcome sin? Where were we again mate? Question
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content