[ 0 ]
83% 83% 
[ 5 ]
17% 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Re: continuationist or cessationist?

Post by Strangelove on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:28 pm

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:Ummm... It's not like you're my mentor and the arbiter of all spiritual truth by any measure.

Why so arrogant?  Did you originate Geocentricity?  No.  You accessed others' work.  Why take the credit?

I appreciate the Geocentricity resources.  They're not vital to salvific faith.  And they're not original to you.  All you've done is convey them and forward them.  Why act like you're all that?

God provided.  Why not give Him the glory?

Erm....where did you get the idea I think I'm your mentor on any subject?

What arrogance are you talkin about? Where did I say anything was original to me? Where have I tried to take any credit?

Zone said you used a load of my research and then called me an idiot. I said I don't care. where's all these other accusations come from? Bit desperate to crucify me right now arn't ya?

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Strangelove wrote: Erm....where did you get the idea I think I'm your mentor on any subject?

What arrogance are you talkin about? Where did I say anything was original to me? Where have I tried to take any credit?

All relevant to zone's comments.

Zone said you used a load of my research

I didn't. You introduced the valid scrutiny of Geocentrism that I'd never really bothered to consider, like most. From there, it was links and my own research, apart from initially coordinating with you to deal with the guys on BF back then.

I don't use your research. You don't have any. You have compiled others' research, and I've done my own digging. I've given you the kudos repeatedly for introducing the necessity of addressing it. I've also called attention to your brilliant assesments in this area.

and then called me an idiot.

Yeah. About your aggressive behavior and regarding scriptural exegesis. It's a fact. That has nothing to do with the information you've compiled on a handful of subjects. They're no exegesis of scripture.

It all got run together. I made it quite clear what I was referring to.

I said I don't care. where's all these other accusations come from? Bit desperate to crucify me right now arn't ya?

Nope. You're the one who went all cujo about my intentions of being a gibberish and miracle Superman, or whatever.

You immediately vacated any sense of dealing with the text and went straight for ad hominem. You disregarded any recognition of me addressing this topic in intentional humility just because I presented valid counterpoint.

You've always had a cob up your whazoo that I'm arrogant because you think all knowledge is gnosis like yours. That's the entire central issue, besides the foundational error of O/orthodox Theology Proper that you have a vague diluted personal conceptualization of.

I have no desire whatsoever to crucify you. But I decided not to absord all the drivel again like I did last time over the Trinity issue just because I prefer true stewardship of scholarship to casual simple adamant views without real exegesis.

I'm not the one who initiated the Doc v. PPS thread, then or now. I responded. Just as I've responded to your ad hominem here.

I even omitted any reference to experience relative to the gifts, since scripture overrides any experience. You're the one that dragged that into the convo by insisting a notable miracles were a scam just because there are Kundalinists out there.

You mocked me as seeking some notoriety, when I've never represented myself in that manner whatsoever.

It's the gnosis. It puffs up. You just don't and can't realize that because it's.... gnosis. Epignosis is what love abounds in. In epignosis, we come to the teleios man.

The rissk is to be ever learning, and never able to come to the epinosis of the truth.

Love abounds in knowledge (epignosis), in which we come to the teleios man. You evidently think your knowledge in other areas equates to spiritual maturity. It doesn't.

You dismiss any scholarship, especially if it conflicts with your preconceived simplistic conceptual beliefs. You've done nothing but dis' me and whatever I've brought from scripture to refute your vague concepts.

I'm not the one out to crucify someone. You need to learn the difference between initiative and response. Most have a real problem doing so.

The Trinity God has inherent existence in the eternity of heaven, being too impotent and immanent to have created it. In truth, God INhabiteth eternity when/as He created it by His Word (which wasn't an individuated eternal "person"). God created ALL existence by His Logos, both supernatural and natural. Nothing exists that He didn't create. The early Fathers missed that, and eternity was declared to be God Himself. Most don't give it any thought because they can't get their head around it one way or another.

But I'm presumed to be arrogant in epignosis by those with gnosis. That's exactly what 1Cor. 13 is referring to about puffing up. Gnosis leads someone to think that it is epignosis because that's the highest knowledge they have. That's not teleios. That's not mature. That's the childish things. The winds of doctine. It takes time for epignosis to come, just like an apprentice is not a master craftsman. The difference is the intensity and duration of participation.

That's why the church is in infancy and apostasy. No epignosis on any significant scale. All inherited rote dogma. Indoctrination. Concepts. Ideology. Just like much of yours, regardless of your other knowledge base gleaned from others' valid research. Novices don't have epignosis. They need to grow into Christ. Other intellectual acumen is irrelevant. It only contributes to the spiritual gnosis puffiness at others.

So... I wasn't "using a bulk of years of your research, but calling you an idiot about that". I was introduced to the importance of Geocentricity. I went to links that you had read, and I googled for days and weeks to comprehend the significance and tie it all back to Nimrod by eras. If anything, we both owe a debt to the others who have pioneered and advocated in this area.

My other negative comments were regarding your lack of exegeitcal ability and your ready (and unnecessary) ad hominem, to which I responded. I'm not the one who thinks they're all superior and abandons the text for sarcastic gigs about being some Superman of gifts.

I've SEEN notable miracles. That's experience, but it's certainly more than God has done in the lives of Cessationists. I don't know of any Cessationist who prayed and the blind recieved sight. Or where a hysterectomy patient had a new uterus and gave birth.

So if the gifts HAVE ceased, then it's only the deluded Continuationists that have much effectual prayer in this area. I can accept that if the exegesis bears out cessation. You always somehow read over my total contentment with resigning to Cessation if scripture confirms that.

But without a second witness, the overall biblical them of teleios can't be changed to the canon; and the overall biblical theme of childish things can't be assigned as the gifts.

Why would the childish things accomplish greater things than the maturity that allegedly came with the canon?

If it weren't for the Kundalini freak counterfeiters and my love and respect for zone, I wouldn't even be scrutinizing this again with such veracity. But both give me pause, and I've been very honest and transparent about that. You just skip over that to accuse me of wanting to be a Superman or whatever.

I don't care about tongues. I don't even want to discuss it with either side, I'm so sick of it. Not once have I seen it done scripturally. Languages, no more than three, also interpreting or being interpreted. The unknown tongue only in personal prayer, even if in semi-public. Never happens that way. And it's the least gift anyway, not the test of fellowship. Dismissed.

But I don't see Cessationists with the life and prayer that is effective at bringing healing. And the lack of epignosis is appalling. All it takes is a lexicon and a bit of study or teaching.

Anyway... No anti-Doc crusade from me. It certainly seems the inverse.

PneumaPsucheSoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:06 pm

pps, this is Doc's house.
you might be more comfortable somewhere else.
you clearly deplore our beliefs and ignorance.
i don't know what we have to offer you, if there ever was anything.

just a suggestion.

bye
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:29 pm

zone wrote:pps, this is Doc's house.
you might be more comfortable somewhere else.
you clearly deplore our beliefs and ignorance.
i don't know what we have to offer you, if there ever was anything.

just a suggestion.

bye

I don't get the flip. You were so gracious in the last posts. Very compelling.

We share much, do we not? I don't promote another existing historical God-model, but instead offer the correction of the error of Trinity while retaining its sub-tenets. Trinity means eternity is God. Pantheism in an elevated form.

I don't deplore anything except wrong doctrine, and that's always by degree. Even Trinity is 95% correct. And I've come honestly revisiting Cessation for the umpteenth time in my life. I thought that would be commendable.

It's me that should wonder why you ever invited me here or engage me in conversation. You knew where I stood from the beginning on the fallacies of the Trinity doctrine. And you knew I was a simple Continuationist.

It's really me that isn't considered to have anything to offer, since I'm thought to have been totally ignorant and just benefitted from the research here. That's really quite far from the truth, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate what is offered on those topics. I don't give many Dyohypostatic Trinitarians the time of day.

If you'll notice, I don't really spend much time here. I haven't ever. Part of that is to avoid conflict, which seems inevitable in spite of our areas of strong agreement.

Do you really think I've initiated the conflict and ad hominem? I suppose that's okay to do if it's one's own house, so maybe you're right. I'm just accustomed to there being universal and equitable rules, even for Mods and Admin. But my posts have been responsive, not initiative. How much have I been hammered and mocked for Continuation? A bunch. How much have I done so for Cessationists? Other than calling attention to my observations of no prayer or example, nothing.

I often overestimate friendships and loyalty and the like. Maybe that's the case here. I don't really know.

Bye.

PneumaPsucheSoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:16 am

PPS wrote:I don't use your research. You don't have any. You have compiled others' research

Compiling peoples research IS RESEARCH you twat!

Never have I claimed I've come up with anything original.

I don't give two monkeys whether you've used my research or not. Your now just being dishonest accusing me of scams and inventing arrogance on my part.

Get the heck out of here and don't ever come back. I don't like liars.

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: