Merismos Monotheism

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Merismos Monotheism

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:37 am

Strangelove wrote:

How can I see past "Trinity" if I dont care about it?

You keep attacking me like I'm a creedal trinitarian scholar. I'm not. I dont care either way. I dont demand anything of you other than to friggin RELAX yourself on this anal issue that you seem to have placed so much critical importance on.

I wont condemn people who choose to use an innocent word to give God a triune gist. If you wanna do that then its a huge mistake. One you keep making.

You think you've discovered how God actually raises up believers...erm....physiologically? Is that correct? What zone is asserting? The Church seems to have missed this for centuries, but you've got it?

It's really quite sad to see this PPS.

Are you saying that spiritual truth should be pursued gnostically? I mean...are you admitting to being a gnostic dude?

No. Zone has misunderstood. We ARE spirit, soul, and body, but she has misunderstood.

And no. Spiritual truth should NOT be pursued gnostically; just the opposite. You simply don't understand much of what I've been saying.

It's all fine. I'll just chillax about it with you, if you can stop all the needless personal accusation.

PneumaPsucheSoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:50 am

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:No. Zone has misunderstood. We ARE spirit, soul, and body, but she has misunderstood.

And no. Spiritual truth should NOT be pursued gnostically; just the opposite. You simply don't understand much of what I've been saying.

It's all fine. I'll just chillax about it with you, if you can stop all the needless personal accusation.

What dont I understand?

You dont like "persons" cuz in the strict Greek rendering it means subsistances right?

I let it fly cuz people dont mean it in that sense of the word. They are just trying to describe a triune gist for our one God.

You wont let it fly cuz you are some kinda scholar who's a stickler for terms and you believe that people are falling at this hurdle even though you refuse to point us in the direction of any sensible Christians who actually appear to have 3 gods in their religion.

Is that about it?

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:54 am

Strangelove wrote:

What dont I understand?

You dont like "persons" cuz in the strict Greek rendering it means subsistances right?

I let it fly cuz people dont mean it in that sense of the word. They are just trying to describe a triune gist for our one God.

You wont let it fly cuz you are some kinda scholar who's a stickler for terms and you believe that people are falling at this hurdle even though you refuse to point us in the direction of any sensible Christians who actually appear to have 3 gods in their religion.

Is that about it?

No. But I'll just let it rest.

PneumaPsucheSoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:55 am

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:No. But I'll just let it rest.

Well what is it then? Put it in its most simplest terms.

And if you cant put it simply then your right to let it rest cuz its not worth it. Which is my point all along.

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Well what is it then? Put it in its most simplest terms.

And if you cant put it simply then your right to let it rest cuz its not worth it. Which is my point all along.

The Greek for the term "persons" is singular. Fine if people want to use it. Just not in the plural. God can be referred to as "a person", but F/S/HS cannot be three "persons". God must be three (somethings) OF a singular "person". And no, very few Trinis are Tritheist. I've never asserted that, and have refuted that. But three "persons" is MUCH different that three (somethings) OF a singular "person".

Simply... in eternity, God is One. To reveal Himself to us, in creation there is a threeness. Forever in eternity to come, God is One. (And NOT Modalism.) That threeness can't be "persons", since God is a singular "person" (IF one uses that very poor translated rendering of the Greek into English).

The early Fathers adapted Gnostic concepts to make God three in eternity.

And I'll STILL let it rest as a non-issue for you.

PneumaPsucheSoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:12 pm

THIS POST IS TO POINT TO INCONSISTENCIES in the MM/p/p/s GOD model (not human, leave man out of this for now):

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
Heaven isn't God nor is it part of God nor an extension of God. God isn't a realm, and God isn't in a realm. God is I AM. He is Self-Subsistent/-Existent.

The corruption begins in man's mind (gnosis) at Genesis 1:1 by not recognizing the heavens are created. It's followed up with many seeing a gap shortly thereafter to enable Evolution, whether Theistic or not.

Go ahead. Tell me all about heaven as uncreated. Bring God down to creation. Might as well. Trinity doctrine has already made God's own eternally pre-existent Logos and Spirit into 2 separate hupostases. Keep diluting the one true Almighty God with Manology, and making Him in man's image.

"nor an extension of God" << keep this and other similar qualifiers in mind.

particularly: "God isn't in a realm"

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
In Trinity parlance, "Jesus is the express image OF God's "person"; NOT another "person". I don't think you would affirm that.

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
The Son was pre-existent as the Logos of God, not a separate "person"

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
Do you believe that a pre-existent transcendent second Son-"person" manifested in the flesh? Or do you believe that the singular-hupostasis God manifested in the flesh?

and here's where the sleight-of-hand takes place i've noticed....

the shell game between the "Jesus was given a "FORM" in the 'immanent realm"....and then praxis back to the Incarnation as a Man, God with us, Emmanuel.....hoping no one will notice THE GAP to allow for Theistic Evolution, whether the expositor of this model knows it or not. if this EXISTS in scripture lemme see it. just the BIBLE. show me.

now, i get that i and others are just too thick-headed and stupid to understand this critical truth coming from you...not because its YOU talking, but because we're lacking something from the Spirit of Truth and this is because of TRINITY DOCTRINE......but buddy can ya spare a dime?

according to you (i know, i know, i misunderstand and misrepresent becausae i'm nearly brain-dead).......the Logos being brought forth at 'the utterance' and given a FORM in the immanent [CREATED REALM] PRE-CREATION OF THE WORLD [in due time into which came Jesus of Nazareth born of a virgin]....yet somehow THIS VARIATION does not mean Jesus was "created"...He was just "given a form" IN CREATION, PREINCARNATION.

is Jesus (even as the Logos PRE-'GIVEN-A-FORM in the immanent realm)' the Eternal Son or not? if not, you got no Eternally existent transcendent Son, and/or the Son was CREATED/FORMED.

what do you say? what does John say about LOGOS?

in the beginning (and here's where your shell games happens) WAS THE WORD/LOGOS.....the Word (Logos) was WITH GOD, and the Word/ LOGOS WAS GOD.

and the Word BECAME FLESH.....FLESH.....does your post utterance preFLESH LOGOS exists without a FORM, THEN IS GIVEN A FORM? FOR WHAT? SHOW ME PLEASE.

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
In the end, Jesus is the prosopon (singular) of God's hupostasis (singular).

not quite that simple it seems, is the MM model either, since that Jesus/Logos was 'given a form' (but not created supposedly)...what? just His PreIncarnation 'shell" or "form" was created? BY WHOM? i thought you said THE FATHER IS NOT THE CREATOR.... and all this non-creation by form-making going on PRE-GENESIS 1:1? all this form-shape-making for/by/of GOD (Who is ONE and NOT distinct as you claim) PRE-ANYTHING ELSE?........and this NOT emanation?

you contradict yourself in every single post because of your 'heterodoxy' and your peculiar "theology" which is indeed trying to make God like unto man precreation. i'm going to get to the very heart of your argument - Hebrews!

and where your claim to KNOW unequivocally exactly HOW God created everything INCLUDING THE SON's "form PREINCARNATION....and how your explanation of how (using Hebrews) of the ability of the preached written word delivered to the heart/mind of man by the Holy Spirit, as the two-edged sword is able to PIERCE man's heart and change him......i want to look at your literal rendering of that passage, including the joint and marrow, and how your model absolutely REQUIRES that man's SPIRIT, which is what is raised and given life, MUST reside in the marrow/BLOOD of the man.....when in reality, that's RUBBISH!

man was created a living SOUL. and life giving spirit was breathed into Him by God. not just air into the lungs.

yet you claim to KNOW the Essence of God so well as to have HIM NOT manifesting/revealing Himself to man in 3 DISTINCT ways/person(alities) - ALL GOD, One God......that you again pull sleight-of-hand when it comes to the Holy Spirit! the HS is either JUST AIR or wind, or He is truly and fully GOD.

and if THAT Holy Spirit raises a spirtitually dead (cursed) sinner to everlasting life WHILE STILL IN A FLESH AND BLOOD MORTAL BODY/SARX (via the joints and marrow) - then YOU as a resurrected saint walking on earth MUST BE FULLY and completely already without SIN OR DEFILEMENT of any kind literally.

because your biological explanantion for the HOW, you God must not bew very effectual in his piercing of your SARX and breathing eternal LIFE (LOGOS) into it.....because your SARX/marrow/blood STILL SINS, and will get sick and die and rot and return to dust.

see, all you've got is talking talking and expounding without ANY majority direct and full quotations without OR without exegesis OF THE CLEARLY WRITTEN and clearly taught 'HOW' from the LIPS OF GOD HIMSELF IN SCRIPTURE not from Blake..... from scripture, not much more than just a philosophical monologue using a peppering of greek/english word in brackets in post after long post of "this is the HOW"(with an occassional c&v address, no PROPER exegesis).

i look at the next two statements and i need not wonder why this great lost truth is seemingly so hard for knuckle-dragging carnal trinitarian heretiks like me to grasp....all that talk of there just AINT NO TRINITARIAN NUTHIN'....but.....:

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
In transcendence apart from all creation, there are not three God-"persons". God's OWN internal Logos became the external Son at the Divine Utterance from which all creation derived by/through/from that Logos.

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
If others understood the utter and absolute transcendence of God, this wouldn't be so difficult. God alone is uncreated. Everything is external to Him. God externalized His OWN Rhema of His OWN Logos by His OWN breath (Spirit). That Logos had post-utterance, pre-incarnate form, and ultimately became flesh. The celestial AND terrestrial realms are created, as are there beings. The Logos is uncreated, and thus the Son is uncreated.

if the Son isn't a BEING OR PERSON but was given a form in the CREATED realm, what is/was He back then?

if the Son is God (as you profess), what's He doing with a created FORM in a created REALM?

and did the Father just evaporate after He put Himself into the FORM of the Son He created/uttered? if not, where'd He go? where was the Father at the time He made a FORM for the preincarnate Son? was there just an empty shell/form waiting there or did Father put Himself into the form He made, then call Himself His Own Son?

What's God doing in your version? He made a form for the Eternal Son by His Own Logos....and....what? thew Logos MADE THE SON? show me...in scripture....and where's the Holy Spirit in all this?

(more on your anti-trini version of the Holy Spirit, where you once again toggle back and forth between the HS being breath....and God's OWN SPIRIT - fully and completely HIM....which is it pps?

is the Holy Spirit really actually the same God is [A] Spirit Jesus told us of in John? or is it another Holy Spirit?

anhd you deny you said God sent forth His OWN SOUL via His Spirit...but up next is where you DID in fact say that very thing. and if He DIDN'T send forth His Own Soul in some way (and i mean the Revelation of Himself/His character/Essence/Attributes) what's the point of sending forth THE SPIRIT? wouldn't THAT HS that just be BREATH/WIND?

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
The corruption begins in man's mind (gnosis) at Genesis 1:1 by not recognizing the heavens are created. It's followed up with many seeing a gap shortly thereafter to enable Evolution, whether Theistic or not.[/b] .

yours might not be theistic evolution, PERSAY....but you skirt the edges of it then retreat. i find this dangerous, presumptuous and harmful to the church when you make it into a DO OR DIE DOGMA you say we all could be damned without.

if it is ...just be quiet Blake, don't add to or take away from the scripture: don't tell me what YOU think...just type out the full c&v which shows us what you are apparently unable to simply articulate, and morons like me can't 'get'.

and i need to see all that PRECREATION GENESIS 1:1 immanent realm stuff where Logos get a FORM but the Son is NOT CREATED in SCRIPTURE. but it ain't there....that's why its not just delivered up in simplicity.

cont....

Last edited by zone on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 11 times in total
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unclefester on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:15 pm

I think I'm finally catching on you guys. God is three peoples in one cheers
unclefester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:11 pm

i've edited my last post a zillion times, so refer back to see more of my objection to not-even-so-much the MM/God is a P/P/S MODEL....rather to the "this model is the DIVINELY REVEALED TRUTH" and we're all in big trouble for not believing the proponents' personal wordy explanation.

it's a 'just trust me' thing.....if it isn't, just don't gimme your explanation. take that time to post where GOD SAID IT.
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:22 pm

unclefester wrote:I think I'm finally catching on you guys. God is three peoples in one cheers
Hi Fes.
nope. not in this MM thread.
you can say that in the Triune Godhead thread.

but no persons or people here.

(even though scripture makes distinctions between F/S/HS, you can't. peoples/persons is possibly damnable heresies according to MM theology AND SOTERIOLOGY...mean your salvation somehow ridesw on you grasping this God is a Tirpartite Entity who for some inexplicable reason chose to use distinct and separate references to Himself using personal pronouns and such....apparently God is the author of confusion.

He could have made it simple, but Uncle Auggie somehow manipulated the Bible i have at home to intentionally screw with my head and keep me from salvation for not knowing the physics God uses to perform His miracles - what a JOKE! next i need to hear HOW He parted the red sea, and HOW he suspends the laws of nature when He wishes to demonstrate His power....tell me about that FLOATING AXEHEAD...

....no Uncle Auggie was much wiser...he left the HOW to God).

the WHY is all man needs to know. WHY Christ came to die for sinners...WHY God manifest in the flesh to justify the ungodly.

wanna talk about HOW a man is saved?

PPS: what's your position on IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS?

as i'll show, since the MM/ God is a P/P/S model claims the Spirit divides and pierces into the sarx/flesh/blood and guts of a man to fix that sin problem, WHAT DO WE NEED A CRUCIFIED AND RISEN SAVIOUR FOR?

if our blood and bone is the real problem (according to a literal/material reading of Hebrews of HOW a dead sinner's mortal body is given LIFE ), and the Spirit can just get in there like a surgical instrument and fix the marrow issue by dividing it up, what's CHRIST'S BLOOD for? what do we need intercession for even now?

nah....no sale.
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:16 pm

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
No, in your own puffed-up gnosis as a novice, you accuse others of what YOU stank of. That's what the gnostics were about.

Gnosis is fine for the Eschaton Agenda schtuff. But spiritual truth can't be pursued gnostically, which has been the Trinity way.

Trinity is Gnostic at its core foundation. You just can't see PAST that and judge other things as gnostic from your own puffed-up gnosis.

Having begun in the Spirit by faith, you turn to your flesh and your mind.

That's how Trinity has spread. Gnostic initiation. It's a hybrid seed.

THAT's why I was lost. The Gnosticism within Trinity. Even today, most Trinis demand assent to their doctrinal formula as the threshhold of salvific faith.

The History of Heresy

Introduction: In this seminar, we will look at five major heresies that have plagued the church again and again throughout history. Here are the five heretical groups we’ll talk about: the Judaizers, the Gnostics, the Arians, the Pelagians, and the Socinians. We will deal with these in chronological order...

http://www.swordandtrowel.org/Articles.aspx?code=PJ-A04

zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:42 pm

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:
The Greek for the term "persons" is singular. Fine if people want to use it. Just not in the plural. God can be referred to as "a person", but F/S/HS cannot be three "persons". God must be three (somethings) OF a singular "person".

LOLZ!

Ok....

God has a 3'ish gist.

But three "persons" is MUCH different that three (somethings) OF a singular "person".

Only if you over analyze it.

Simply... in eternity, God is One. To reveal Himself to us, in creation
there is a threeness. Forever in eternity to come, God is One. (And
NOT Modalism.) That threeness can't be "persons", since God is a
singular "person" (IF one uses that very poor translated rendering of
the Greek into English).

And if we dont superimpose any greek then we're fine.

The early Fathers adapted Gnostic concepts to make God three in eternity.

3 gods?

Where? Show me?

Strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:55 pm

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:No. Zone has misunderstood. We ARE spirit, soul, and body, but she has misunderstood.

Zone....PPS says you are misunderstood and that he's not saying that he
knows about how the Holy Spirit actually PHYSIOLOGICALLY raises a sinner
from death to life.

So whats going on here?

Strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Zone....PPS says you are misunderstood and that he's not saying that he
knows about how the Holy Spirit actually PHYSIOLOGICALLY raises a sinner
from death to life.

So whats going on here?

yes, pps ' whole thesis and mission IS based on the HOW of the sinner is raised - that being the logical and necessary physiological result/effect of the ACT of God by the portioning out of His Spirit into the man....

based on this mainly. by taking it absolutely literally*see bottom as a whole...instead of understanding it is an illustration of the preached word cutting through the fog of sin and pride and hitting the mark - O MAN! YOU ARE A SINNER IN NEED OF A SAVIOUR: all this passage is saying is that the preached word is effective and precise and God is all powerful and all-knowing.

it uses war/killing language - LAW
and brings to mind the sacrificial system - the cutting with precision of the animal for sacrifice.

Hebrews 4:12
New International Version (©1984)
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
(*more below)

Psalm 45:3 Gird your sword upon your side, O mighty one; clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.

Psalm 149:6 May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands,

Proverbs 5:4 but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword.

Isaiah 49:2 He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

John 12:48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.

see? God also compares His Word to fire, and a hammer that breaks rocks in pieces.

here's an example of the piercing (though a different word from hebrews) by the preaching of the word, empowered by the Spirit (btw: notice the separate and distinct references to F/S/HS):

Acts 2
32God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. 33Exalted to the right hand of God, he [JESUS] has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
35until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”’g
36“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

37When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”

[preached word/Law & Gospel cuts/pierces the heart bringing about the knowledge of one's condition before God....result? (again notice F/S/HS distinctions):

38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

why didn't peter take this opportunity to do an explanation of how as they repented the Holy Spirit would pierce their bodies and go to the joints and marrow (where the blood is) and breath life into their bodies via the flesh and blood and bone (sarx) - maybe because we're not s'posed to assume that's HOW God does it?

and i would add much of the HOW God anything...unless we're clearly told.

all that is based on pps' reckoning of the Eternal Godhead as a Tripartite P/S/S...basicallt the same 3-somethings of a something constitution as MAN - body soul and spirit. all pps does is make the Godhead Soul/Logos/Spirit.

now both of these thing MIGHT be true - but are they the WHOLE TRUTH? and is any of that related to the preached Gospel and saving faith for one to Whom Christ has revealed Himself both Saviour and God?

he says the true church NEVER used trinitarian language or called the Godhead a Trinity PRIOR to the evil Council of Nicea where the damnable Trinitarian heresy was codified, almost all based on Tertullian (who ended up apsotasizing and being excommunicated as an heretik).

but he dismissed with disdain my simple post by Matt Slick on a few church fathers, but didn't bother to see WHY i posted it, so he didn't respond to Slick's (and it ain't Matt's original idea) assertion that yes indeedy, early church fathers DID call God a Trinity PRIOR TO THE NICENE COUNCIL....and they, as we do, struggled to find ways to define God...BASED ON THE LANGUAGE GOD HIMSELF gave us to describe Himself.

the difference is few of the church fathers were as hard-line as pps in insisting THEY ALONE knew for sure what God was, what He is and what He did prior to the creation of the world, specifically concerning the Logos/Son/Jesus.

but....i prolly misunderstood and misrepresented this as well.

if pps were honest with himself and with us, and i believe he can be...i've seen it...he would agree that he does NOT hold a divinely revealed truth to him personally (one apparently critical to saving faith - tell me how a 5 year needs that biological info?), nor to the Church, TRUTH of the WHO or the HOW.

Barnes' would prolly be dismissed as a moron, laughed to scorn.....but this is the actual and generally accepted interpetation of that passage. a

what say ye ordinary Christians who read the Bible simply?::

Piercing even to the dividing asunder - Penetrating so as to divide.

Soul and spirit - The animal life from the immortal soul. The former word here - ψυχή psuchē - "soul" - is evidently used to denote the "animal life," as distinguished from the mind or soul. The latter word - πνεῦμα pneuma - "spirit" - means the soul; the immaterial and immortal part; what lives when the animal life is extinct. This distinction occurs in 1 Thessalonians 5:23, "your whole spirit, and soul, and body;" and it is a distinction which we are constantly in the habit of making. There is the body in man - the animal life - and the immortal part that leaves the body when life is extinct. Mysteriously united, they constitute one man. When the animal life is separated from the soul, or when the soul leaves the animated body, the body dies, and life is extinct. To separate the one from the other is, therefore, the same as to take life - and this is the idea here, that the Word of God is like a sharp sword that inflicts deadly wounds. The sinner "dies;" that is, he becomes dead to his former hopes, or is "slain" by the Law; Romans 7:9, "I was alive without the law once, but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died." This is the power referred to here - the power of destroying the hopes of the sinner; cutting him down under conviction; and prostrating him as if a sword had pierced his heart.

And of the joints and marrow - The figure is still continued of the sword that takes life. Such a sword would seem to penetrate even the joints and marrow of the body. It would separate the joints, and pierce through the very bones to the marrow. A similar effect, Paul says, is produced by truth. It seems to penetrate the very essence of the soul, and lay it all open to the view.

And is a discerner of the thoughts - It shows what the thoughts and intentions are. Prof. Stuart, Bloomfield, and some others, suppose that the reference here is to "God" speaking by his word. But the more natural construction certainly is, to refer it to the Word or truth of God. It is true that God searches the heart, and knows the thoughts, but that is not the truth which is prominent here. It is, that the thoughts and intents of the heart are brought out to view by the Word of God. And can anyone doubt this? see Romans 7:7. Is it not true that people are made to see their real character under the exhibition of the truth of God? That in the light of the Law they see their past lives to be sinful?

so where's all the stuff about the life (spirit) being in the marrow/blood and hence the necessity of the Ruach to actually and literally go precisely there (bones and blood) to raise a spiritually dead sinner to life?

no.....the MM God-is-like-unto-man's p/s/s model has to twist and do violence to the idea of original sin (however much tap dancing and qualification is done)....and all this fuss over some Christians saying persons.

whatever.

i can call heresy on doctrine we've been given, but this other Eternal Godhead stuff that we haven't been given, i have found as i said the whole debate between what had been friends and warm relations to be unnecessary and demoralizing. but hey. that's just me.

i'm over it.

but i do want a HOW on the red sea and the floating axe-head. maybe the walls of Jericho too. and the man born blind now seeing.......
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:47 am

unclefester wrote:I think I'm finally catching on you guys. God is three peoples in one cheers

Lolz.....I'm gonna go with.....God is Tri-Flavored.

Strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks zone.

It's all a bit weird.

And, yes totally unnecessary. I guess simple Christianity isn't enough for some folks.

Strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by unclefester on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:55 am

zone wrote:i've edited my last post a zillion times, so refer back to see more of my objection to not-even-so-much the MM/God is a P/P/S MODEL....rather to the "this model is the DIVINELY REVEALED TRUTH" and we're all in big trouble for not believing the proponents' personal wordy explanation.

it's a 'just trust me' thing.....if it isn't, just don't gimme your explanation. take that time to post where GOD SAID IT.

I've re-read every edit (glad you told me ... I was thinkin' ..."Geez, how did I miss this or that ?...seriously) .... and pretty much this entire thread more than a few times. I very much agree that the WHY (John 3:16), the very essence of God's character and love towards us in Jesus Christ is EVERYTHING we need to know ... and most importantly believe and trust in. Give me simple faith in Christ's promise to finish what he started in all of us. What a glorious and magnificent God we serve !
unclefester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unclefester on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:54 pm

For whoever needs it I love you (endure the 16 second ad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOon2xQNZX0
unclefester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum