End times = end of the world?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End times = end of the world?

Post by Wanbli_Tokeya on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:27 am

Forgive me if I am not well versed on Christian "end times" theology, hence my questions. Is your position that the world actually comes to an end, or is it that there will be a major upheaval/very hard times/death and destruction followed by the return of Jesus and a new way of living here on Earth? Thanks in advance.

Wanbli_Tokeya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: End times = end of the world?

Post by Strangelove on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:36 am

Wanbli_Tokeya wrote: Forgive me if I am not well versed on Christian "end times" theology, hence my questions. Is your position that the world actually comes to an end, or is it that there will be a major upheaval/very hard times/death and destruction followed by the return of Jesus and a new way of living here on Earth? Thanks in advance.

Major upheaval/very hard times/death and destruction followed by the return of Jesus and a new way of living on a new Earth.

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanbli_Tokeya on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks,

In reading around here, I find alot to agree with you on about what is going on, though my take is different on the who and why end of it.

Wanbli_Tokeya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Tell us about your take friend.

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanbli_Tokeya on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I want to keep my word that I am not here to debate or criticize you folks. This evening I'll have some time to write a thoughtful reply. Have a good afternoon! Very Happy

Wanbli_Tokeya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanbli_Tokeya on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:43 am

Before I get in to any great detail, I want to make note of a point or two, and to be clear on a term you may see me use.

My people have been at war with the United States government and/or its European forerunners for centuries. Our traditional people are very aware of the machinations of government and industry, and have long experience dealing with them. We do know a thing or two Wink

Also, I use the term "white man" quite a bit, but it is more about culture and mindset than it is about actual race. The whole industrial "civilization" is basically a product of European cultures and worldview, so we use the term "white mans ways" etc frequently. Personally, I could care less what color a persons skin is. Deal with me in truth and honor and we're good. Creator made us all, whatever skin color we might have. So when I use that term, try not to get bowed up about it, I ain't pickin' you.

That's about all I feel like writing at the moment...been a very long week and dealing with bureaucrats and academic white men (haha!) just about has me whipped.

I'll get into the meat of what I am to say later this weekend. Have a good evening, folks.

Wanbli_Tokeya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanbli_Tokeya on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:13 am

So, on to what was foretold to our spiritual people centuries ago. There would be a time that light skinned people would invade our lands, people who had no respect for the earth, for the resources, who only wanted to consume everything in sight and would never be satisfied. These people were afraid of freedom, and made barriers around every bit of land that they claimed to keep other people out, and even lived in square homes. These people would kill many of us, disrupt our way of life, and try to force us to live like they did. We would be persecuted for our culture and even killed for our spiritual beliefs, but some of our people would stand strong and hold on to our ways so the future generations would not forget who we are. The white man would continue to consume everything in his path until almost nothing was left....land, air, and water poisoned, yet he would never be satisfied. He's like a spoiled child who cannot be told "No". Very clever and with extraordinary knowledge, but lacking wisdom to use that knowledge for the good of all, instead using it to gain (the illusion of) power and accumulation of material wealth. He will push the world to the very edge...create much suffering and grief and destruction before being brought to his knees by his own foolishness. Only then will he be willing to listen, and be willing to learn another way of living that is in balance with the rest of Creation. That will be the time when humanity and the rest of Creation begin to heal. We call this time Maka Ina piya kage...."the remaking of the world". We are seeing this unfold today.

In another post, I will try to explain, in more contemporary terms, how we see this unfolding and who we believe to be behind it all and why. Again, I'm not here to convert you to our point of view, and I expect that you will probably disagree with me. Just as long as we don't get disagreeable with each other.

Have a nice evening, folks.

Smile

Wanbli_Tokeya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Wanbli_Tokeya wrote: That will be the time when humanity and the rest of Creation begin to heal. We call this time Maka Ina piya kage...."the remaking of the world". We are seeing this unfold today.

The jews have an identical concept.

Tikkun olam (Hebrew: תיקון עולם‎) is a Hebrew phrase that means "repairing the world" (or "healing and restoring the world") which suggests humanity's shared responsibility (with the Creator) "to heal, repair and transform the world." In Judaism, the concept of tikkun olam originated in the early rabbinic period. The concept was given new meanings in the kabbalah of the medieval period and further connotations in modern Judaism.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikkun_olam

It's a concept that opposes Christianity which says the world gets worse and worse till Jesus comes and burns it all up with fire and makes a new heavens and a new Earth.

I certainly do not see any "the remaking of the world" happening today. Or do I expect to see it in the future.

Doc.

Strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanbli_Tokeya on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:57 pm

"The Jews" Hmmmm....you aren't one of those folks who have the idea that we are one of the "Lost Tribes", are you?

And no, the world isn't being remade....it is being destroyed. The wasicu is still convinced that he can run things the way they are.

Wanbli_Tokeya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Wanbli_Tokeya wrote:"The Jews" Hmmmm....you aren't one of those folks who have the idea that we are one of the "Lost Tribes", are you?

Certainly not. Whatever gave you that idea?

There are no lost tribes.

Only lost without Christ.

Wanbli_Tokeya wrote:
And no, the world isn't being remade....it is being destroyed. The wasicu is still convinced that he can run things the way they are.

wasicu?

Strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanbli_Tokeya on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Wasicu in modern Lakota usage denotes the "white" man. Its literal translation says nothing about race, though. It is a compound contraction of two words that mean "bad fat taker"...in other words, the greedy ones.

Wanbli_Tokeya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanbli_Tokeya on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Certainly not. Whatever gave you that idea?

Just asking, as I have heard that quite a bit from various Christian people as well as other groups.

Wanbli_Tokeya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Wanbli_Tokeya wrote:Wasicu in modern Lakota usage denotes the "white" man. Its literal translation says nothing about race, though. It is a compound contraction of two words that mean "bad fat taker"...in other words, the greedy ones.

So in your end times theory, the greedy ones go to a certain point, and then the "repairing the world" thing happens.

Like I said, just like the jewish concept. Same, same.

Who does the repairing?

Strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanbli_Tokeya on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm

I will be posting more, doc. Right now I am busier than a bear in a beehive. I am working out of state and I have alot of stuff to wrap up in the allotted time I have.

Wanbli_Tokeya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum