Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HASBARA

2 posters

Go down

HASBARA Empty HASBARA

Post by zone Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Introduction by Gilad Atzmon: It doesn't take a genius to find out that in many cases, the so-called 'progressive' AntiFa organisations, are actually Zionist settings fully dedicated to Jewish tribal politics and interests. Here in Britain we found out that the 'anti' racist Hope not Hate is a hardcore Zionist outlet. In Germany the infamous Anti-Deutsche is working closely with the Israeli Embassy. In the USA the situation is obviously similar. In the following article Tim Calvert, a Palestinian solidarity activist from Portland, Oregon reveals what the struggle for justice means for real. For the last three years, Tim has been subject to an ongoing Hasbara's text book smear campaigns. He needs our support.

Tim Calvert, October 2012

Protest against AIPAC Gathering, Portland, Oregon USA

For over three years, a small, anonymous group called “rose city antifa” has been trying to oust me from the Citybikes co-op in Portland, Oregon, of which I am a founder member, supposedly because of 'antisemitic organizing'. Tactics have included graffiti, online advocacy of violence, and the use of 'politically correct' language to make it sound as if people 'feel oppressed' by my alleged political opinions, and those of people I have associated with, as a result of my participation in the local “9/11 Truth” movement. The campaign has now reached the point where the 'anti' fascists are trying to persuade customers to boycott Citybikes until they fire me.

Below:

My personal declaration
An example of an invitation to a 9/11 truth movement event
My letter to Citybikes, defending me and the co-op against Zionist/anti-fascist harassment

My personal declaration

I believe that the attacks against me by rose city antifa are not, in fact, related to my participation in the 9-11 group and the occasional speakers I have been associated with, but instead, due to my pro-Palestinian activism, and criticism of Israel. The vehemence and underhandedness with which this anonymous group attacks me looks very similar to the standard Hasbara (Israeli propagandist) smear of anyone critical of Israel. For example, as well as denouncing “right-wing conspiracy theorists” like Fritz Springmeier, the 'anti' fascists equally smear liberal pro-Palestinian writer Alison Weir as an 'antisemitic activist'. These smears exceed those of the influential Zionist organization the Anti-Defamation League, and show that defending us from fascism is not the real purpose of rose city antifa.

Since the death of Rachael Corrie in 2003 and then the savage attack on the refugees in Gaza in 2009 I have been a visible vocal critic of the Israeli state and the lobby which protects it here in the United States. Thus I join the ranks of other critics of Israel in having my name smeared publicly and my career threatened. My politics have been represented by the three buttons I have worn pretty continuously since 2009. “We are all Palestinians” “Islam is not our Enemy” and “Peace with Iran”. I have been actively involved in Solidarity with the Iraqi refugee community that now resides in Portland. These are the things I believe in.

This aggressive attempt to peg me to all sorts of noxious “beliefs” is pretty standard practice in Hasbara technique. Below is the response I sent to the bike cooperative with links further explaining the sort of political milieu that Palestinian Solidarity Activists must navigate. To rose city antifa I would like to suggest that rather than dividing, demoralizing and attacking peace and justice workers, they propose positive campaigns that would unite our positions. I would suggest that they employ their aggressive techniques to helping the people of Portland mount a material aid caravan to the people of Gaza....

more >>

http://www.gilad.co.uk/writings/bulldozers-in-gaza-anti-fascists-in-portland.html
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

HASBARA Empty Re: HASBARA

Post by zone Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 pm

zone wrote:http://www.middle-east-info.org/take/wujshasbara.pdf

better read this, folks ^^^

Hasbara
Hasbara refers to the propaganda efforts to improve Israel's image abroad, to justify its actions, and defend it in world opinion. It is a public diplomacy effort undertaken by Israeli government officers, or individuals in target countries (public or private efforts; group or individual efforts). Israel portrays itself as fighting on two fronts: against the Palestinians/Arabs and world opinion. The latter is dealt with hasbara. The premise of hasbara is that Israel's problems are a matter of better propaganda, and not one of an underlying unjust situation.[1]

Hasbara Campus Manual

A Hasbara manual for students to use on US univesity campuses is now available online[2]. A summary of the techniques is provided from page 31 onwards:

Propaganda is used by those who want to communicate in ways that engage the emotions and downplay rationality, in an attempt to promote a certain message.

The manual goes on to describe seven propaganda techniques:

Name calling: through the careful use of words, then name calling technique links a person or an idea to a negative symbol.

Glittering generality: Simply put, glittering generality is name calling in reverse. Instead of trying to attach negative meanings to ideas or people, glittering generalities use positive phrases, which the audience are attached to, in order to lend positive image to things. Words such as "freedom", "civilization",…

Transfer: Transfer involves taking some of the prestige and authority of one concept and applying it to another. For example, a speaker might decide to speak in front of a United Nations flag, in an attempt to gain legitimacy for himself or his idea.

Testimonial: Testimonial means enlisting the support of somebody admired or famous to endorse and ideal or campaign.

Plain folks: The plain folks technique attempts to convince the listener that the speaker is a 'regular guy', who is trust-worthy because the are like 'you or me'.

Fear: Stressing that ignoring the message will likely lead to war, terrorism[3]

Bandwagon: Suggest that the stated position is mainstream and use polls to suggest this. [4]

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Hasbara

Name calling: through the careful use of words, then name calling technique links a person or an idea to a negative symbol.

Glittering generality: Simply put, glittering generality is name calling in reverse. Instead of trying to attach negative meanings to ideas or people, glittering generalities use positive phrases, which the audience are attached to, in order to lend positive image to things. Words such as "freedom", "civilization",…

Transfer: Transfer involves taking some of the prestige and authority of one concept and applying it to another. For example, a speaker might decide to speak in front of a United Nations flag, in an attempt to gain legitimacy for himself or his idea.

Testimonial: Testimonial means enlisting the support of somebody admired or famous to endorse and ideal or campaign.

Plain folks: The plain folks technique attempts to convince the listener that the speaker is a 'regular guy', who is trust-worthy because the are like 'you or me'.

Bandwagon: Suggest that the stated position is mainstream and use polls to suggest this.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:01 pm

zone wrote:http://www.middle-east-info.org/take/wujshasbara.pdf

Hasbara
Hasbara refers to the propaganda efforts to improve Israel's image abroad, to justify its actions, and defend it in world opinion. It is a public diplomacy effort undertaken by Israeli government officers, or individuals in target countries (public or private efforts; group or individual efforts). Israel portrays itself as fighting on two fronts: against the Palestinians/Arabs and world opinion. The latter is dealt with hasbara. The premise of hasbara is that Israel's problems are a matter of better propaganda, and not one of an underlying unjust situation.[1]

Hasbara Campus Manual

Bandwagon: Suggest that the stated position is mainstream and use polls to suggest this.

example:

"Churches In U.S. Call On Government To Review Aid To Israel

"....Angered by the statement, AIPAC said that it rejects the evaluation of the aid, and accused the signatories of the letter of distancing themselves from the “mainstream values".

http://www.imemc.org/article/64383

HASBARA Th?id=I.4852557877675399&pid=15
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:11 pm

The other handbook I found is this one:

The Israel Project’s 2009 GLOBAL LANGUAGE DICTIONARY
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Strangelove wrote:The other handbook I found is this one:

The Israel Project’s 2009 GLOBAL LANGUAGE DICTIONARY

oh wow.
i need this.
ty Doc.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

HASBARA Empty Israeli Embassy: ‘If alive today, Jesus and Mary would be lynched by hostile Palestinians’

Post by zone Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Israeli Embassy: ‘If alive today, Jesus and Mary would be lynched by hostile Palestinians’

Published: 18 December, 2012, 01:40

HASBARA I2528a1bef5071b4b5c584263f060620b_israel-embassy-facebook-post-palestinians.n

The controversial post (screenshot from Facebook).

Israel’s diplomatic corps finds itself in hot water after posting an inflammatory message on an official Facebook page. Although the message has now been deleted, this is not the first time Israel has used social media to post controversial views.

The message appeared on the IsraelinIreland Facebook page – which is linked to on the official embassy site – on Monday morning. The post comprised a painting of Mary and Jesus, accompanied by the following caption:

"A thought for Christmas… If Jesus and mother Mary were alive today, they would, as Jews without security, probably end up being lynched in Bethlehem by hostile Palestinians. Just a thought…"

The message sparked immediate heated debate, but was taken down within hours.

“An image of Jesus and Mary with a derogatory comment about Palestinians was posted without the consent of the administrator of the Facebook page. We have removed the post in question immediately. Apologies to anyone who may have been offended,” said an official statement from the Israeli embassy in Dublin.

.The message provoked a heated discussion (screenshot from Facebook).

Since then, the IsraelinIreland page has been shut down altogether, and the link on the official website has been removed.

This was not the first time the account, which is updated by unnamed embassy staff, broadcast strong opinions.

It previously claimed that Palestinian children “play how to launch a missile in order to hit innocent Israeli children, woman and men! The apple does not fall far from the tree!” and that “Pro Palestinianism is often just a politically correct cover for anti-Semitism.”

Although a popular tourist destination for Israelis, Ireland has a tempestuous relationship with Israel. The Israeli mission, which is headed by Boaz Mozai, who is deputized by his wife, Nurit Tinari Modai, has captured the headlines with its confrontational approach.
Last year Tinari Modai claimed in a letter that Ireland-based Jews should have their private information made public if they criticize their homeland.

Yet the post doesn’t appear to be an isolated incident and appears as an example of Israel's wider policy of hasbara (which loosely translates as “explanation”). Hasbara is seen as a concerted effort to forcefully promote Israeli views in the face of what Jerusalem perceives to be predominantly anti-Israeli media coverage worldwide. Although the term appeared in the 1970s, the policy has gained new impetus with the ascent of social media.
Within the semi-official policy, Israeli embassies have turned from bland conduits of diplomatic formalities, to headline-grabbing broadcast stations. For example, ahead of the recent vote on the status of Palestine in the UN, the Israeli embassy in Washington posted a cartoonish video showing Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas driving a bus full of radicals. At the end of the video Abbas was faced with a fork in the road, with UN membership leading to a war zone, and the alternative to an idyllic land of peace. The video was widely lambasted as disrespectful in the media.

HASBARA Still-youtube
The previous social media controversy – "President Abbas' Palestinian Bus: Heading in the Wrong Direction …" (Still from YouTube video/IsraelEmbDC)

Meanwhile, the recent conflict with Hamas, showed the two sides releasing dueling statements about war movements, losses and plans on their respective Twitter feeds, sometimes even lobbing insults at each other.

Now, a line appears to have been drawn. In the aftermath of the latest social media imbroglio Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor, who lamented that Facebook is a “very informal channel, which is essentially not diplomatic”, promised that in future instances if “anyone is hurt” by official statements, Israeli staff will remove posts and apologize promptly

http://rt.com/news/israel-embassy-facebook-post-palestinians-240/
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down