Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer is comunion with Jesus.

3 posters

Go down

Prayer is comunion with Jesus.   Empty Prayer is comunion with Jesus.

Post by KingdomSeeker Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:37 am

Question: What Pleases God? What does he Require and desire of Us?
What is going to Keep us from temptation?

Answer:
Pslam 102:17 "he regards the prayer of the destitute and does not despise their prayer."

Psalm 141:2 "May my prayer be counted as incense before You; The lifting up of my hands as the evening offering.

Proverb 15:8 "The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, But the prayer of the upright is His delight."

Jonah 2:7 "While I was fainting away, I remembered the LORD, And my prayer came to You, Into Your holy temple."

Colossians 4:2 "Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;"

Mark 9:29 "And He said to them, "This kind cannot come out by anything but prayer."

James 5:15 "and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him."

1 Corinthians 7:5 "Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

Ephesians 6:18 "With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,"

Revelation 5:8 "When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."

Etc..

PRAYER is the MOST important thing in a Follower of Jesus. FAR more than scripture reading. FAR more than Fellowship.
Not to say that God DOES NOT want us to fellowship he does there are a FEW verses in the bible about that. Not to say God doesnt Want us reading the bible...he WANTS us to study scritpure...SOMETIMES...there is ONE(maybe two) verses about that...But What is the MOST important thing(aside from obedience) that God wants from Us. TO SEEK HIM in the SPIRIT, in PRAYER. That is what the bible is. A Picture of Obedience. And Dissobedience comes from a LACK of Prayer. Sin doesnt rise because you stop reading the Bible. SIN rises becasue of lack of Prayer. Seperation from the Presence of God doesnt happen becasue You DONT talk to fellow Christians. It happens becasue you IGNORE GOD. How do you NOT ignore God? PRAY. So he can SPEAK TO YOU. He WILL give you wisdom, and knowledge. But you CANT gain WISDOM, and KNOWLEDGE by your own studies. That is leaning on your OWN understanding.(Proverbs 3:5) and NOT Gods. How do we have GODS understanding? From the Spirit of GOD.(1 Cor 2:10-11) and HOW do we stay in the spirit of God? PRAY! Jesus Prayed ALL the time. HE is who WE should pattern our lives after. Prayer is THE most important thing you can Do. Otherwise you will not have the power, the strength, or the knowledge to overcome Temptation. There are Popular Sayings among Christians:

"Satan wants to keep you from Church!"

"Satan wants to keep you from The Bible!"

Or

"Satan Wants you to keep from being active in the Work of God!!"

I've heard them allot Growing up, and I STILL hear them allot. Well Those sayings are Wrong.

Look at the "Church" its FILLED with Sin.

Look at Bible Scholars, They are on there fourth mariage. Or Worse.

And why? Becasue of what Satan REALLY keeps us from.

Satan does NOT want you to pray.

Satan Doesnt care if you talk to people about Jesus. Satan doesnt Care if you Read your bible. He Reads it. Satan Does NOT care if you go to a Building with song singing and hand clapping. He Might go with you.

But there is ONE thing that the Devil HATES and WILL try his darndest to keep you from. Prayer. Seeking the face of God. Praying for yourself. For others. and Just being silent in the spirit and seeking the Face Of God. Gaining more and more Of and FROM The LORD Jesus Christ. So dont let him stop you. Get off The Couch and Pray. Get off the Computer and pray. Turn off the T.V and Pray. Get out of Church and Pray. Put down the Bible(its not going to walk away) and PRAY!

Pray ABOUT EVERYTHING and then dont stop. and then after that Pray some more. Then after that, be still, and sit in the presence of the MIGHTY GOD and just be with him. Becasue HE wants to BE with you. The ALMIGHTY CREATOR actually WANTS to be with little 'ol you. And SATAN will stop at nothing to keep you from that.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Prayer is comunion with Jesus.   Empty Re: Prayer is comunion with Jesus.

Post by zone Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 am

Embarassed
you are right Rob.
thanks
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:39 am

I guess I could pray more. Neutral
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:35 am

Doc, Brother, We ALL can. The Lord has been telling me this for a while. And I'll go for like a few days...and then a few days i wont seek him at all. And I WILL feal the consiquences. You feel drained...and weak. The SPirit of God is Literally our LIFE.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:55 am

KingdomSeeker wrote:Doc, Brother, We ALL can. The Lord has been telling me this for a while. And I'll go for like a few days...and then a few days i wont seek him at all. And I WILL feal the consiquences. You feel drained...and weak. The SPirit of God is Literally our LIFE.
Well, theres no danger of me missing a few days. Shower time IS dedicated prayer time. Very Happy
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:02 am

hahah Shower time is Good prayer time!

But my point isnt TO miss days, in that last bit...it was DONT miss days...especially once you get in the habbit. thats Satans goal to stop you from comunicating with your master. Talking to, praying to(and with) Jesus.

Especially with what is happening in the world. If you havent noticed the Body of Christ is in CHAOS...no unity. And UNITY is NOT brought about by man...ONLY jesus can bring unity. Thats why it is CRUCIAL to be at the feet of the LORD as much as possible. That is how we stay in Jesus. Thats how we STAY with the mind of Christ. Jesus bless you brother.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down