Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deception - Who are the vulnerable ones?

Go down

Deception - Who are the vulnerable ones? Empty Deception - Who are the vulnerable ones?

Post by strangelove Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:02 am

I was inspired to make this section from a coupla posts by Adstar in another forum.

He said:

Adstar wrote:I would like to emphasise a point. I believe that the central theme in the final great deception that will lead many into destruction will be the Lawless one (Also known as the son of perdition and by others as the anti-christ) who will make people believe he is the returned Messiah Jesus. This is how he will get people to worship him as God on earth and this is the reason Jesus told us that:

John 16
2 They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.

These people who will be killing true followers of Jesus in the end times will actually believe they are serving God when they kill us.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

My Reply was:

Which means they will have to be following the laws of a religion or pseudo-religion that seeks to kill true Christians. A religious system that is even capable of drawing those who profess Christianity to a certain degree and turn them on true Christians

Any ideas?

Adstar wrote:Hello Strangelove

I must state from the very start of this post that i do not Know. (i have not bolded know because i am shouting, i bold it to add special emphasis to the word) I can have suspicions but i do not know for sure. But what i do know is that many Christians have little knowledge. Most Christians today are not the kind that have well worn bibles in their possessions, that they read independent of their Church gatherings. Many Christians are baby like, in the way they simply go and get fed by teachers. The teacher decided what they will eat. Some might call them Milk Christians ones who have not progressed to hard food knowledge. If all one is doing is relying on another human being to be their window on God they are placing their reliance on and their eternal security in another human being. They are exquisitely vulnerable to deception.

Now we are told in the end times there will be great deception so that even if it where possible the very elect would be deceived. So what hope would a unread Christian have against such deceptive power. In fact how many denominations are there that base their interpretation of scripture on human philosophy, and the traditions of men, who are ripe for deception, and will lead their whole congregations into the pit.

We are told that the false prophet will be able to bring fire down from heaven in the sight of men. He will even heal the lawless one from a deadly would and it will appear he will bring the lawless one back to life from the dead.

Revelation 13
12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived.

So if these Christians saw someone bringing fire down from heaven and saw what to them would be someone resurrected in front of them. How many of them would believe Jesus has returned to earth? We know that only a minority of Christians have read the bible and a very small minority of that minority have read the book of Revelation. Sometimes we get a false picture of the real situation when we spend a lot of time in Christian forums and discuss topics with people who are read in the bible and can quote this passage and that passage, we can start to feel that this is the norm. But in truth, in the overall picture, very few Christians are well read in scripture, we are a very small minority indeed.

So maybe the question is not who is the group that will be a deceived and will be a tool of satan to go out and persecute true Christians. Maybe the question should be who will not be deceived and refuse to bow and worship the beast and go out and kill true followers of Jesus.

I know the objective of satan is to deceive everybody. So maybe in the end times true followers of the Messiah Jesus will be independent individuals scattered throughout the world with no formal denominational ties with others but who are never the less united through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down