Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness

3 posters

Go down

Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness Empty Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness

Post by northwye Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness
Bernard Pyron

"And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared
of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and
threescore days." Revelation 12: 6

"A Facebook Friend talked about Lone Ranger Christianity. Lone Ranger Christianity? It is lonely out here in the wilderness. But In the story grammar of the Western, the white hat cowboy who is regenerated by living in a physical wilderness overcomes transgressive behavior. And in the formula range war Western, this cowboy of the wilderness defeats the villain who is a society insider and is respected as a banker, business man or big rancher - which can also be metaphors for the Remnant in the wilderness.

In the movie, Shane, the cowboy, rides slowly down from the wilderness of the Grand Teton mountains to a settlement of the Western frontier. There, in what is a sort of civilization,the cowboy regenerated by the wilderness defeats the insider who is the respected villain in the range war going on against the settlers.

I don't mean to imply a legalistic view in this metaphor of the cowboy hero regenerated by living in the literal wilderness in saying the cowboy overcomes transgressive behavior. The point is that the cowboy hero is regenerated by the wilderness experience and one expression of this regeneration is his higher morality. Another expression is the cowboy's competence and cognitive clarity. Of course, I am talking about the cowboy of fiction, but there were real cowboys who did live in the wilderness behind that little man with the big hat of fiction.

Metaphorically the Remnant is camped out in the wilderness, where we build a camp fire, and sit around it. We are not in the 501(c)(3) IRS incorporated "church." The fire is to cook the metaphoric food that has been provided for us by the Lord and to keep away the predators. There could be serpents and scorpions around.

Another Facebook Remnant Christian - Sheila - said that "In the Wilderness, there are many snakes and scorpions, they will introduce destructive heresies such as "Christians are not God's chosen people"

But "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10: 19

northwye

Back to top Go down

Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness Empty Re: Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness

Post by strangelove Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness Cboy

Beautiful buddy.

(Psalms 102:7) I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.

(Proverbs 28:1) The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Gonna watch 'True Grit' now.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness Empty Re: Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness

Post by zone Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Strangelove wrote:Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness Cboy

Beautiful buddy.

(Psalms 102:7) I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.

(Proverbs 28:1) The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Gonna watch 'True Grit' now.

aaawwww.......
i second that emotion. good post northwye.

Metaphors Starting from Revelation 12: 6, the Remnant of Israel In the Wilderness Thumbnail

i'll take care'a yer guyzez gunshot wounds and stuff, k?
sister zone.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down