Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul the Apostle

4 posters

Go down

Paul the Apostle Empty Paul the Apostle

Post by MUSKOKAMAN Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:02 am

doing some research on the Bible and come across something I find unusual.

Is it true that Paul the Apostle wrote 13 of the books of the New Testament?

Why such a number as 13?

Why not 12?

This of course leaves 14 books in the NT of other obvious authorship with the exception of hebrews which may have been authored by Paul as well it is rather hard to say.

Why is Paul the only apostle who is not publicly annointed in the sight of witnesses as the others were?

Was Paul at pentecost?

MUSKOKAMAN

Back to top Go down

Paul the Apostle Empty Re: Paul the Apostle

Post by strangelove Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:05 am

He was annointed by Christ Himself on the road to Damascus, isn't that enough?

And why does it matter about the number 13? Yer not suspicious are you Muskhound?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSKOKAMAN Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 am

13 has always been an unlucky number no doubt about that just ask any knights templar.LOL

Paul said he was annointed by Christ No one other than Paul can corroberate this. The other apostles didn't believe him until barnabas convinced them isn't that true?

MUSKOKAMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 pm

But they DID believe him so whats your point?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSKOKAMAN Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 am

My point is Paul is the most contradictory apostle in the bible.

There are many referrences where Paul is the only apostle to refute the law of the Torah or OT in preferrence to faith in Christ alone.

Obviously Martin Luther took this to the next level with his doctrines of sola fide.

Jesus said "I come to fulfill the law and the words of the prophets" not refute it!

MUSKOKAMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 am

MUSKOKAMAN wrote:My point is Paul is the most contradictory apostle in the bible.

There are many referrences where Paul is the only apostle to refute the law of the Torah or OT in preferrence to faith in Christ alone.

Obviously Martin Luther took this to the next level with his doctrines of sola fide.

Jesus said "I come to fulfill the law and the words of the prophets" not refute it!

Show me where Paul 'refutes' the law?

Do you thing Christians should be keeping Mosaic ordinances?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

MUSKOKAMAN wrote:My point is Paul is the most contradictory apostle in the bible.

only for those who are stuck between 2 covenants.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:13 pm

zone wrote:

only for those who are stuck between 2 covenants.

I've heard the two covenants explained in terms of Gravity and Bernoullis Law.

The old covenant, the law would be Gravity. Gravity applies to everyone and is everywhere, and is good.

Bernoullis Law (the law of lift) is like the Law of the spirit, the new covenant in Jesus Christ.

Even though the Law is not abolished (gravity) the Law of the Spirit overcomes the old covenant Law (gravity) because the Spirit is not bound by those principles. The Spirit is able to rise up, as the wings of an eagle.

By following Jesus we overcome the old law, that we were not able to overcome or perform by ourselves, and we are under a new law, or new covenant.

If you think you must perform the Old law of the old testament then you should, because it has not accomplished what it was designed to accomplish yet. It was designed to show the sinner that he needs a saviour. The law was to show people their sin, and that all are sinful. Only Jesus cleanses us and gives us new life. Christ is our only hope, our only Salvation.

Grandpa

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:34 am

Grandpa wrote:I've heard the two covenants explained in terms of Gravity and Bernoullis Law.

The old covenant, the law would be Gravity. Gravity applies to everyone and is everywhere, and is good.

Bernoullis Law (the law of lift) is like the Law of the spirit, the new covenant in Jesus Christ.

Even though the Law is not abolished (gravity) the Law of the Spirit overcomes the old covenant Law (gravity) because the Spirit is not bound by those principles. The Spirit is able to rise up, as the wings of an eagle.

By following Jesus we overcome the old law, that we were not able to overcome or perform by ourselves, and we are under a new law, or new covenant.

If you think you must perform the Old law of the old testament then you should, because it has not accomplished what it was designed to accomplish yet. It was designed to show the sinner that he needs a saviour. The law was to show people their sin, and that all are sinful. Only Jesus cleanses us and gives us new life. Christ is our only hope, our only Salvation.

That bit is interesting Gramps. I will try and think about that a little more before I comment.

Love Doc.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Strangelove wrote:

That bit is interesting Gramps. I will try and think about that a little more before I comment.

Love Doc.

That's the conclusion I came to after I tried to follow the Law perfectly. After I tried to take every thought captive. After I tried to be holy like the Lord is Holy. I wasn't able to. I needed a saviour. I came to the conclusion I always need my Saviour.

The Lord Jesus says that He came not to abolish the Law but to fulfill it. Since the Law is not abolished it must still serve a purpose. I believe that purpose is the same as it always was.

Colossians 2:13-15 13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Grandpa

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSKOKAMAN Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Grandpa wrote:

That's the conclusion I came to after I tried to follow the Law perfectly. After I tried to take every thought captive. After I tried to be holy like the Lord is Holy. I wasn't able to. I needed a saviour. I came to the conclusion I always need my Saviour.

The Lord Jesus says that He came not to abolish the Law but to fulfill it. Since the Law is not abolished it must still serve a purpose. I believe that purpose is the same as it always was.

Colossians 2:13-15 13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Grandpa that is a most amazing piece of insight!
Would love a one on one with you on scripture:D Very Happy

MUSKOKAMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum