Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sinners

4 posters

Go down

sinners Empty sinners

Post by zone Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 am

are there any here?

edit:
i mean besides me.
imma bout ready to pack it in.
can't stop sinning.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

sinners Empty Re: sinners

Post by unclefester Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:35 am

zone wrote:are there any here?

edit:
i mean besides me.
imma bout ready to pack it in.
can't stop sinning.

If there weren't any here before my arrival, rest assured that there is now. That's not bragging either. I'm dead in the water on my own. Matter of fact, so are all of you guys too. Wait a spell dear buddy. Waiting on the Lord always leads us back to His peace ..... and helps us to eventually forgive ourselves (the hardest part) even though we know we don't deserve it. We all have our fleshly battles .... and all too often, we don't win.
unclefester
unclefester

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:34 am

Yoo hooooooh!!

Me....I'm here....I'm a dirty rotten sinner. Sin everyday of my life....fail to keep Gods laws consistently. Count me in. pale

I have a Saviour though. Thank God.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:58 pm

unclefester wrote:

If there weren't any here before my arrival, rest assured that there is now. That's not bragging either. I'm dead in the water on my own. Matter of fact, so are all of you guys too. Wait a spell dear buddy. Waiting on the Lord always leads us back to His peace ..... and helps us to eventually forgive ourselves (the hardest part) even though we know we don't deserve it. We all have our fleshly battles .... and all too often, we don't win.
so many thanks Robbie - you rang a bell.
indeed, sometimes it seems my favorite hobby is getting out The Law and pounding myself with it....for days on end it seems.
then...after much fear and self-loathing, i remember....

JESUS.

my Jesus.

i'm going to reverse the order of Paul's Romans 7, and use the NLT (which i rarely do, just cuz its easier reading).

this is what i have been STUPID enough to be doing for days on end:

God’s Law Reveals Our Sin

7Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, “You must not covet.”c 8But sin used this command to arouse all kinds of covetous desires within me! If there were no law, sin would not have that power. 9At one time I lived without understanding the law. But when I learned the command not to covet, for instance, the power of sin came to life, 10and I died. So I discovered that the law’s commands, which were supposed to bring life, brought spiritual death instead. 11Sin took advantage of those commands and deceived me; it used the commands to kill me. 12But still, the law itself is holy, and its commands are holy and right and good.

13But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my death? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation to death. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God’s good commands for its own evil purposes.

Struggling with Sin

14So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. 15I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 16But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. 17So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

18And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.d I want to do what is right, but I can’t. 19I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. 20But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

21I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22I love God’s law with all my heart. 23But there is another powere within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

~

when this is where i REALLY am:

No Longer Bound to the Law

1Now, dear brothers and sistersa—you who are familiar with the law—don’t you know that the law applies only while a person is living? 2For example, when a woman marries, the law binds her to her husband as long as he is alive. But if he dies, the laws of marriage no longer apply to her. 3So while her husband is alive, she would be committing adultery if she married another man. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law and does not commit adultery when she remarries.

4So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God. 5When we were controlled by our old nature,b sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death. 6But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.

sigh.
love you Fes.

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Strangelove wrote:Yoo hooooooh!!

Me....I'm here....I'm a dirty rotten sinner. Sin everyday of my life....fail to keep Gods laws consistently. Count me in. pale

aww my sweet Docman.
this made me laugh.
and then cry.
and then laugh again.
you're adorable.

Strangelove wrote:

this part made my heart hurt.
thank you Saviour.
for everything.

and for my brothers here.

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:50 pm

you know, i got to beating myself up with The Law (which is good. the Law is good, and we need to know it) after listening to YET ANOTHER seeker-driven purposey churchianity 'sermon'.

they CONTINUALLY preach that the 'Gospel' is....

LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART MIND AND SOUL
and YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF.

like......hello?
that's the summary of THE LAW.

the guy's thing was "if you do these 7 things, you'll be able to fulfill those commandments and God will love you and save you"

"there has to be MOVEMENT in your "walk"....you have to GROW. and you'll NEVER LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART MIND AND SOUL and YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF by sitting around in church expecting to be FED. get out there and change the world!!"

by the end of it, even though i KNEW it was an example of a BAD sermon being critiqued by Chris at fighting for the faith, i actually bought into it for about 20 minutes afterwards!!!

then i was just plain heartbroken for the 5000 people who hear that message every Sunday.

if you REALLY want to be like Jesus, if you really want to be saved, you gotta LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART MIND AND SOUL and YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF.

~

what he forgot to say was seamlessly, 24/7/365 from birth to death.
THE WHOLE LAW. all of it.

no Gospel, no Jesus doing it all...He is just an example.

sigh.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 am

I remember reading about a guy who said he had an after death experience. He said when he was dead the demons tried to convince him that he belonged in hell.

I realized that if I would have died 4 or 5 yrs ago it wouldn't have taken much for a demon to convince me I don't belong in heaven. Because the straight truth is I don't deserve to be in heaven...

But now... If a demon were to try that I could just agree and say I know I don't deserve to be in heaven, but... The Lord Jesus loves me and wants me to be there with Him. Let's go talk to Him and see what He has to say...

I don't think that conversation would go very well for the demon... In fact, from what I've witnessed they don't really stick around for the conversation.

The Law accuses us just like that demon that guy was talking about. The Law says we deserve death when we sin. But what does the Lord Jesus say? I will never leave you, Nor forsake you. Lets go talk to the Lord about it and see what He has to say... LOL. The Joy of the Lord is my Strength.

Grandpa

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Grandpa! nice to see you brother.
good post...Smile

oh i can imagine those demons quaking.

the LORD doing all this for us AND putting them to shame, revealing to the angels (good and bad i suppose) in high places that He works His Plan through wretched lowly MAN! that He uses the beggarly things to put to shame the rest.

now and then this permeates my peanut brain and i hit the ground. amazing.

Ephesians 3
Paul the Preacher to the Gentiles

1For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—

2Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

7I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8Although I am less than the least of all God’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. 13I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.

what a Good God. a Merciful God.
He is just so powerful and so glorious.

~

Grandpa: how goes the struggle against the message of the Judaizers? i'm quite confident you're still immovable and continue to stand for the simple message of Grace and all Glory to God. i noticed right off your calling.

and you're faithful to His message - i'm grateful for you.

those Judaizers just LOVE to reserve a little glory for themselves...claiming they NOW keep the commandments (out of their perfect love for God of course) - all 613 of them i suppose, and its so easy! presto! not for justification mind you:roll: ...just because they're ABLE (so did Christ die for nothing or not?)

yet press them on even just the Sabbath issue and the whole house of cards comes down.

there's a member at C C who flies the hexagram and whose name starts with A...who not only mixes Law & Gospel but continues to uphold up the idolatrous pagan nation in the Middle East as the pinnacle of God's Plan.

paraphrasing from one of my last conversations with the person, he'd asked the question: why don't the arabs just LEAVE?

mmm....ya. why don't the arabs, including the arab christians just LEAVE and hand it all back to the Pharisees? what christian would say this? what true christian (whether they believe they're an ancient hebrew or not...they're not) would shill for the Synagogue of Satan?

and i mean, if you're a christian and you have first-hand knowledge of what the whole thing really is (like Paul...and like my brother Doc)...and you STILL promote it? very suspicious.

anyways.

Jesus was not the new Moses! He is the Saviour!
the Judaizers so recklessly overturn the gospel.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

τηρησατε verb - aorist active middle - second person
tereo tay-reh'-o: by implication, to detain (in custody; figuratively, to maintain); by extension, to withhold -- hold fast, keep(-er), (pre-, re-)serve, watch.

love you Grandpa. and your message.

Lord bless and keep you.

zonest.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Its nice to talk to people who understand Grace. Whenever I try to describe what the Lord has done for me most say I am just giving people an excuse to sin.

I never really looked at it as a calling but yes you are absolutely right. Its funny how we are given discernment and can see the truth but when we look at ourselves for some reason we turn that discernment down, or even off, sometimes...

LOL. I am still quite immovable. Because the Light has come and I am not in the darkness. What did I do to bring the Light? I did nothing, it was all His Grace and Mercy. He loves me when there is nothing in me that is lovable.

Everyone here already knows this. I don't have much to add that you haven't already covered...

Love you too zone

God Bless You

Grandpa

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 pm

This thread is really choking me up. Love you so much Brothers and Sisters. I just dunno what else to say. I was just reading that scripture zone posted and nearly started crying.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum