Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Belated Surprise

Go down

A Belated Surprise Empty A Belated Surprise

Post by CONSPICILLUM Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:29 pm

I remember reading a ton of the info on this site years ago. I don’t recall when I sent my membership application, but it was at least a year or two ago. I see the Admin has been absent or backed up with other things. It was an interesting out-of-the-blue moment to see the notification in my email.

I was originally invited to this site many moons ago by the member of a theology forum who was/is also a member here (zone), but I see they aren’t currently active. Glad to finally connect so I can read and respond on some of the topics.

I mostly hold cosmological views with an open hand as my public declaration. But I’m convinced of geocentricity according to the Tychonian model (with Keplerian eliptical orbits for the other planets in our local system). The kinematics are the same, so it’s the forces that are in question; and I don’t buy the mainstream explanations of gravity, etc.

I’m not as convinced of flat versus globe earth. The Azimuthal Equidistant map both explains much and seems a paradox unto itself on a few points. But the globe doesn’t answer all the questions, and presents difficulties of its own.

But when it comes down to it, I generally begin and remain with whichever position is contrary to the mainstream narrative of spoon-feeding by the elites and their cabal of cosmological garbage mongering; so my unscientific position is that the earth very likely is flat just because they so vociferously say it’s a globe.

I’m a Philologist, meaning I insist the absolute objective foundation of truth for human epistemics and all things we can know is linguistic and literary. Words have objective/subjective meaning, and no other Epistemological foundation suffices as authority.

Scientism, Naturalism, and Positivism are false religions that have given us Empiricism as the alleged authority. But all tangibility is secondary to intangibility. This is the fundamental superiority of Plato to Aristotle. Therefore, the Philological truth of scripture is magisterial (that which rules) and primary while all other alleged foundations and disciplines are ministerial (that which serves) and secondary. So that which serves must be in compliance with that which rules, and Empiricism (along with its many counterparts by many other isms and ologies names) has usuped this distinction to attempt to be the primary authority in modernity.

Man’s physical senses-derived knowledge and ability to calculate and measure are, by definition, the pride of life in the Hebrew language as seen in Genesis 3. So Empiricism cannot be the magisterial authority on cosmological topics, and must bow to the absolute objective Philological truth of the Word.

In my early years, I was raised by wonderful and devoted Christian parents who were Southern Baptist Evangelical Protestants by lifetime affiliation. Though I appreciate that foundation, orthodox Christian truth is more authentically found in the more ancient foundations of Lutheranism (as the Reformed Catholic Church) and the Eastern Church (by its various geographic designations).

Lest I appear to be a Narcissist, I’ll just leave the intro at this point. But this site is tiny, and I’m presuming it’s a bit more intimate and eclectic by its content and its status as languishing a bit for the last several years. I’ll shut up now. LOL.

Edit to add: My screen name comes from my love of the marine aquaria hobby. My favorite fish is the Clown Trigger, whose Latin name is Balistoides Conspicillum. Like most Latin names, it has a duality of meaning. It means both conspicuous, illustrated by its vibrant markings; and it means “to spy out” in the sense of being non-conspicuous while gathering info/intel. As a linguist, one of the primary principles I point out is the insufficiency of English as a language in various areas. One is that we don’t think of words being able to represent equal opposites in meaning by definition such as Latin and Greek often have/do.

NOW my intro is finished.

CONSPICILLUM

Back to top Go down

A Belated Surprise Empty Re: A Belated Surprise

Post by CCornelius Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:39 pm

CONSPICILLUM wrote:I remember reading a ton of the info on this site years ago. I don’t recall when I sent my membership application, but it was at least a year or two ago. I see the Admin has been absent or backed up with other things. It was an interesting out-of-the-blue moment to see the notification in my email.

I was originally invited to this site many moons ago by the member of a theology forum who was/is also a member here (zone), but I see they aren’t currently active. Glad to finally connect so I can read and respond on some of the topics.

I mostly hold cosmological views with an open hand as my public declaration. But I’m convinced of geocentricity according to the Tychonian model (with Keplerian eliptical orbits for the other planets in our local system). The kinematics are the same, so it’s the forces that are in question; and I don’t buy the mainstream explanations of gravity, etc.

I’m not as convinced of flat versus globe earth. The Azimuthal Equidistant map both explains much and seems a paradox unto itself on a few points. But the globe doesn’t answer all the questions, and presents difficulties of its own.

But when it comes down to it, I generally begin and remain with whichever position is contrary to the mainstream narrative of spoon-feeding by the elites and their cabal of cosmological garbage mongering; so my unscientific position is that the earth very likely is flat just because they so vociferously say it’s a globe.

I’m a Philologist, meaning I insist the absolute objective foundation of truth for human epistemics and all things we can know is linguistic and literary. Words have objective/subjective meaning, and no other Epistemological foundation suffices as authority.

Scientism, Naturalism, and Positivism are false religions that have given us Empiricism as the alleged authority. But all tangibility is secondary to intangibility. This is the fundamental superiority of Plato to Aristotle. Therefore, the Philological truth of scripture is magisterial (that which rules) and primary while all other alleged foundations and disciplines are ministerial (that which serves) and secondary. So that which serves must be in compliance with that which rules, and Empiricism (along with its many counterparts by many other isms and ologies names) has usuped this distinction to attempt to be the primary authority in modernity.

Man’s physical senses-derived knowledge and ability to calculate and measure are, by definition, the pride of life in the Hebrew language as seen in Genesis 3. So Empiricism cannot be the magisterial authority on cosmological topics, and must bow to the absolute objective Philological truth of the Word.

In my early years, I was raised by wonderful and devoted Christian parents who were Southern Baptist Evangelical Protestants by lifetime affiliation. Though I appreciate that foundation, orthodox Christian truth is more authentically found in the more ancient foundations of Lutheranism (as the Reformed Catholic Church) and the Eastern Church (by its various geographic designations).

Lest I appear to be a Narcissist, I’ll just leave the intro at this point. But this site is tiny, and I’m presuming it’s a bit more intimate and eclectic by its content and its status as languishing a bit for the last several years. I’ll shut up now. LOL.

Edit to add: My screen name comes from my love of the marine aquaria hobby. My favorite fish is the Clown Trigger, whose Latin name is Balistoides Conspicillum. Like most Latin names, it has a duality of meaning. It means both conspicuous, illustrated by its vibrant markings; and it means “to spy out” in the sense of being non-conspicuous while gathering info/intel. As a linguist, one of the primary principles I point out is the insufficiency of English as a language in various areas. One is that we don’t think of words being able to represent equal opposites in meaning by definition such as Latin and Greek often have/do.

NOW my intro is finished.
Ever seen any Robert Sungenis documentaries?
CCornelius
CCornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by CONSPICILLUM Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:58 pm

CCornelius wrote:
Ever seen any Robert Sungenis documentaries?

Yes, I cut my geocentricity teeth on his material.

CONSPICILLUM

Back to top Go down

Post by CCornelius Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:03 pm

CONSPICILLUM wrote:

Yes, I cut my geocentricity teeth on his material.
Lo these many years ago I read something, I think it was by Isaak Asimov, that he considered the moon not to be a satellite of Earth but, rather, that the Earth and moon were two planets orbiting one another.

I had no idea how Asimov could see it that way until Sungenis popped up.
CCornelius
CCornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by CONSPICILLUM Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:15 pm

CCornelius wrote:
Lo these many years ago I read something, I think it was by Isaak Asimov, that he considered the moon not to be a satellite of Earth but, rather, that the Earth and moon were two planets orbiting one another.

I had no idea how Asimov could see it that way until Sungenis popped up.

Geocentricity makes total sense. I just don’t know how to fully reconcile flat earth with it. I haven’t spent much time doing so, though. I studied Geocentricity fairly intensively for a couple of years.

CONSPICILLUM

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:14 pm

CONSPICILLUM wrote:Geocentricity makes total sense. I just don’t know how to fully reconcile flat earth with it. I haven’t spent much time doing so, though. I studied Geocentricity fairly intensively for a couple of years.

Not sure flat earth can be reconciled with any cosmological oulook.
I believe its a psyop to discredit the geocentric model. Countless times I've been accused of being a flearther when defending geo.

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CCornelius Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:09 am

Strangelove wrote:Not sure flat earth can be reconciled with any cosmological oulook.
I believe its a psyop to discredit the geocentric model. Countless times I've been accused of being a flearther when defending geo.
For sure, that happens all the time these days.
Mention Tycho and the first response will likely be "I don't believe the Earth is flat."
The mathematically, geometrically, dynamically indisputable truth of geocentrism is now automatically smeared with Flat Earth feces.

They know exactly what they are doing, which is why they keep going in the face of rock solid evidence. They're just wandering around rendering the truth smelly so no one will go near it.
CCornelius
CCornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by CONSPICILLUM Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:47 am

Strangelove wrote:

Not sure flat earth can be reconciled with any cosmological oulook.

That’s been my position. But geocentrists often take the flat earth position and lose the vital emphasis on the larger picture relative to the cosmos at large (which isn’t all that large, LOL).

CONSPICILLUM

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:02 am

CONSPICILLUM wrote:That’s been my position. But geocentrists often take the flat earth position and lose the vital emphasis on the larger picture relative to the cosmos at large (which isn’t all that large, LOL).

Yeah..there is to my knowledge no issue with a globe. Scientifically or metaphysically.

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum