Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dominion??

+3
KingdomSeeker
strangelove
Hitch
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dominion?? Empty Dominion??

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:19 am

This a source for asnwers to some questions related to 'dominiism

http://www.garynorth.com/public/472.cfm

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Dominion?? Empty Re: Dominion??

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:53 am

Do you want to see Christians in positions of power and authority in secular government?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:50 am

NO!! We are CALLED out for a reason. A disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, is not called to be radically "different" than the world, he is called "out" of the world, he is called to be separate, The two are not the same.

Growing up I never understood(even myself being brought up by and as one) "Chrisitans" because the bible says one thing, and they do another...they seemd like hypocrites...Then God called me to come to him, he put his spirit in me...and totaly made me a different person. Thats when i TRULY new what beign born again was.
And I realised...They ARE a bunch of hypocrites. They are JUST as bad as the pharisees. Saying one thing and doing another. And if they DID have the spirit, they were totaly quenching Him.

The Ones That will be in office, The Christians that will be in postions of Power and authority, are Spending there life, the time God gave them to worship HIM, and spread HIS gospel, they are using for personal Gain, in something they think God would like, why? Becasue THEY like it.

Jesus called us to obey those in power over us, but not to BE those in power over anyone. We are supposed to be meek and the lowly, submitting to the spirit of God and where HE wants to lead you. You CAN'T be meek or lowly when you are busy, with your OWN agenda. The Buisnes World and the Political World is CUT-THROAT ! The Exact Oposite of The Way Jesus Christ wants us to be. Jesus Called us to Humility. to Be Humble, and die to pride. He Doesnt Want us to be push overs when SIN is involved, nor when compromisation of the Gospel is concerned. Other then that, we are supposed to be as Little Children, we are supposed to be servants, we are supposed to be Meek, and have the fruits of the Spirit(Galatians 5:22-23),which, btw you cant FORCE...or have ...just with family...then thats not the spirit, thats you...and if YOU are trying to be any of the fruits of the spirit ...it WILL fail by comparison, We Are ALSO supposed to have LOVE, and besides love not being Rude, and not being easily angered, and rejocing in Truth, and not Self seeking, or Boastfull, and keeps no record of Wrongs(1 Corinthians 13) Love is OBEDIENCE to God.(2 John 1:6) and if you love God you do what he says. And...well yes its circular logic...but it is TRUTH. You cant have one with out the other. And if Some one claims they do(loves Jesus..but disobeys God) The you can be sure they are liars.

And THAT is why I do not want to see "Christians" in power...becasue they WONT be.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:15 am

Mat 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

Mat 20:27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:27 am

Precisely Doc!

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:34 am

Heres a nicely balanced sermon on the issue:

Politically Incorrect?
(How to shepherd your congregation in an election)

By Pastor Phil Johnson of GraceLife church.

Listen(download)
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:33 am

Hitch wrote:This a source for asnwers to some questions related to 'dominiism
Huh? that website seems to be all about personal wealth and stuff.

Are we talking about the same topic here?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Notes on Reconstructionism*
Roots of a New "Christian" Inquisition?

- During the 1960s, a new movement began within the sphere of Reformed or Covenant Theology, primarily out of conservative Presbyterianism (Reformed and Orthodox). That movement has been called by three different names: Reconstructionism (because it advocates the reconstruction of society), Dominion Theology (because its theology teaches that Biblical Christianity is to rule every sphere of society), and Theonomy (a combination of two Greek words -- theos [God] and nomos [law] -- because it asserts that all of society is to be brought into the obedience to the Mosaic Law). It should be noted that this movement is not advocated by everyone within the realm of Reformed or Covenant Theology (12/90, Israel My Glory).
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Kingdom Now Theology

Kingdom Now Theology is a branch of Dominion Theology which has had a following within Pentecostalism.

It attracted attention in the late 1980s.[1][2] Kingdom Now Theology states that although Satan has been in control of the world since the Fall, God is looking for people who will help him take back dominion. Those who yield themselves to the authority of God's apostles and prophets will take control of the kingdoms of this world, being defined as all social institutions, the "kingdom" of education, the "kingdom" of science, the "kingdom" of the arts, etc.[3]

Kingdom Now Theology is influenced by the Latter Rain movement,[4] and critics have connected it to the New Apostolic Reformation,[5] "Spiritual Warfare Christianity",[4] and Fivefold ministry thinking.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Now_theology#Kingdom_Now_Theology
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Strangelove wrote:Do you want to see Christians in positions of power and authority in secular government?
Of course.

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Hitch wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Do you want to see Christians in positions of power and authority in secular government?
Of course.
Do you think that power and authority changes people?

.....for the worse.

Can you give any example of where Christians in secular authority have managed to change anything significant in the modern social landscape?

Last edited by Strangelove on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Huh? that website seems to be all about personal wealth and stuff.

Are we talking about the same topic here?
The Dominion Covenant: Genesis

Well North has written many books and published many more that could be considered DT in outlook.

Scroll down the collumn on the left to

http://garynorth.com/freebooks/

Fair warning; Reading these works will lead to actually knowing what 'DT' is about rather than third and forth hand critiques, but it takes time and effort.

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Hitch wrote:Fair warning; Reading these works will lead to actually knowing what 'DT' is about rather than third and forth hand critiques, but it takes time and effort.
Why don't you just tell me in your own words bud. Or at least copy and paste the relavant definitions of 'DT' from your link.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Do you think that power and authority changes people?
You mean like Moses?

.....for the worse.

Can you give any example of where Christians in secular authority have managed to change anything significant in the modern social landscape?
Have you ever heard of Liberty Univeristy?

Now I'll ask you; What positions do you think would be better filled by nonbelievers?

Do you think a bench of Christian believers wouyld have supported Roe over Wade?

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Hitch wrote:You mean like Moses?
No I mean like...modern people. Not God's chosen prophets. Your average Christian who doesn't receive direct revelation from God Himself. Will power and authority have a negative effect on them...in general?
Hitch wrote:
Have you ever heard of Liberty Univeristy?
Nope...never. Who dat? Have they had success with law changes?
Hitch wrote:
Now I'll ask you; What positions do you think would be better filled by nonbelievers?
Uhmmm.....soldiers?
Hitch wrote:
Do you think a bench of Christian believers wouyld have supported Roe over Wade?
Thats abortion right? Your asking me if the supreme court was made up of only Christians would it have made abortion illegal and saved us all this murder? OFCOURSE!

But I fail to see what that has to do with attempting the PROCESS of filling the supreme court with Christians. It's an impossible task mate. And where is the Biblical call to try and have such an effect on the secular government?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Why don't you just tell me in your own words bud. Or at least copy and paste the relavant definitions of 'DT' from your link.
Because this is a deep subject requiring study,time and effort, rather than off hand accusations of antichrist or ar anything else. I have provided a link to basic source materiel. Some I've read some not, but I am yet to come across anything that fits with the usual complaints, complaints that almost always come from those unfamilair with the source materiel.

It harder to be informed than parrot something heard somewhere, but it is christian and adult to check sources, than determine a well founded view.

That said if you have a specific question, I dont know what you consider a' relavant definition' pertaining to the discussion, I may be able to help. I can say though that without excption every author Im personally familiar with is orthodox, that is an adherent of the Apostle's Creed, Trinitarian, Reformed, and Calvinist.

So it is as ridiculous as it is libelous, and childish, to post that such men and thier work is 'antichrist'.

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Hitch wrote:Because this is a deep subject requiring study,time and effort, rather than off hand accusations of antichrist or ar anything else. I have provided a link to basic source materiel. Some I've read some not, but I am yet to come across anything that fits with the usual complaints, complaints that almost always come from those unfamilair with the source materiel.

It harder to be informed than parrot something heard somewhere, but it is christian and adult to check sources, than determine a well founded view.

That said if you have a specific question, I dont know what you consider a' relavant definition' pertaining to the discussion, I may be able to help. I can say though that without excption every author Im personally familiar with is orthodox, that is an adherent of the Apostle's Creed, Trinitarian, Reformed, and Calvinist.

So it is as ridiculous as it is libelous, and childish, to post that such men and thier work is 'antichrist'.
Is this subject an important and integral part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:33 pm

Strangelove wrote:
No I mean like...modern people. Not God's chosen prophets. Your average Christian who doesn't receive direct revelation from God Himself. Will power and authority have a negative effect on them...in general?
I have a cousin ,a devout believer ,who was elected as a Judge nearby. Im very happy about it because light is always preferable to darkness ,and Portland is a hell hold of homesexuals
Nope...never. Who dat? Have they had success with law changes?

Uhmmm.....soldiers?
Why?

Thats abortion right? Your asking me if the supreme court was made up of only Christians would it have made abortion illegal and saved us all this murder? OFCOURSE!

But I fail to see what that has to do with attempting the PROCESS of filling the supreme court with Christians. It's an impossible task mate.
Well 10 out of 12 will say its too hard, but its Josh and Cal we remember isnt it?
And where is the Biblical call to try and have such an effect on the secular government?
Paul told the slaves of his day to serve their masters as though working for the Lord. Certainly this can be applied to our rights and responsibilties as free citizens today. It may be that the Parable of the Talents better fits out position today, and the Lord said '" What did you do when I made sure you lived in freedom" ?

We dont have a specific geographical area to conquer, we have all the 'areas' of life . And evey 'area' will be controlled by the some one, and that some one will be a son of light or of the darkness, there is no neutrality.

Last edited by Hitch on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Yes.

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Hitch wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Yes.
Then you should be able to show me the concept in scripture.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Then you should be able to show me the concept in scripture.
Ok. Start with the War of Conquest.

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Hitch wrote:Ok. Start with the War of Conquest.
Massively multiplayer online strategy game?

Dominion?? 118809ss_sm2
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Hitch wrote:Ok. Start with the War of Conquest.
Massively multiplayer online strategy game?
Can I be the elfling with the superquick arrows?

Dominion?? Imgad?id=COmt1paEmO6lYRCgARigATII_ZoqEue2YY4
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Can I be the elfling with the superquick arrows?

Dominion?? Imgad?id=COmt1paEmO6lYRCgARigATII_ZoqEue2YY4
LOL Maybe thats how Dave learned to squash Philistines

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Seriously though I searched my Bible for 'War of Conquest' and found nothing and a quick google search found online gaming...

...so what the double hockey sticks is it??
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Strangelove wrote:Seriously though I searched my Bible for 'War of Conquest' and found nothing and a quick google search found online gaming...

...so what the double hockey sticks is it??
Its the period of time just after the Isrealites crossed the Jordan . The historic book called after Joshua makes a good start.

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Hitch wrote:Its the period of time just after the Isrealites crossed the Jordan . The historic book called after Joshua makes a good start.
So your point is...that because old covenant Hebrews exhibited dominionist traits in order to be obediant to God....

.......new covenant Christians should be doing that too?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Strangelove wrote:
So your point is...that because old covenant Hebrews exhibited dominionist traits in order to be obediant to God....

.......new covenant Christians should be doing that too?
What else should the 'Israel of God' be doing?

All that history was recorded for our learning, and the God of Abe is the God Paul, He has not changed one iota.

Here's a quote;

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in
earth.

Now look and see what He says next.

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Hitch wrote:Now look and see what He says next.

Uhm...does He say:

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, [and take over the reigns of Earthly rule and authority, as a tool to teach them to observe all I have commanded]

??
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitch Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Uhm...does He say:

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, [and take over the reigns of Earthly rule and authority, as a tool to teach them to observe all I have commanded]

??
I refer you to the Parable of the Talents and the ever elusive War of Conquest.

Was it really God's plan to leave the Caananites in power and have Israel 'under' the pagans ?

Hitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum