Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freemasonic Symbolism

2 posters

Go down

Freemasonic Symbolism Empty Freemasonic Symbolism

Post by zone Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:20 pm

http://bessel.org/statseal.htm

example:

State Flag & State SealGrand Lodge Seal
Alabama
Freemasonic Symbolism AlFreemasonic Symbolism Alseal
Freemasonic Symbolism Al01
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Freemasonic Symbolism Empty MONSTER SITE

Post by zone Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:56 pm

http://www.bilderberg.org/masons.htm#ritual_texts
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Freemasonic Symbolism Empty Re: Freemasonic Symbolism

Post by strangelove Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:29 pm

From that site:

While the beliefs of Freemasonry have changed and been embellished over the years, the authors believe they have their core origins in the Ebionite belief systems incorporated into the design of Rosslyn. They write: "At the heart of Freemasonry we still find imperatives critically important to William Sinclair and Gilbert Haye. These include a deep reverence for John the Baptist, an enduring belief in justice, equality and fraternity, a reverence for the Noahide Laws of ancient Judaism and a recognition for that all-important part of the year around the autumn equinox.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Freemasonic Symbolism Empty Kingdom of Israel (united monarchy) wiki

Post by zone Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:05 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Israel_(united_monarchy)#The_.22Golden_Age.22

Kingdom of Israel (united monarchy)

David and Solomon are both portrayed by the Bible as having entered into strong alliances with the (possibly unnamed) King of Tyre. In return for ceding land to Tyre, David and Solomon are said to have received a number of master craftsmen, skilled labourers, money, jewels, cedar, and other goods. David's Palace and Solomon's Temple are described as having been built with the assistance of these Tyrian assets, as well as to designs given by architects from Tyre.

~

the masons claim in their own secret little books (i have seen one with my own eyes) that go in the little pouch they wear that they ARE those builders from Tyre who prepared the stones etc for solomon's palace? temple?...palace i think.

they said the pillars were hollow (and that if solomon had weighed them he would have known that) and that they placed "their constitution" inside.

i know it's blasphemy but that's what they say.

seen that in your travels yet doc?
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:32 am

I remember you mentioning this before.

So what they are basically saying is. They subverted Gods people and replaced His Holy laws with their "constitution", much like they did with Christian monarchies in modern times.

It's almost like Soloman and the Tyrians was the blueprint for the Republic model.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Freemason Symbols

Freemason symbols represent the heart of Freemasonry.

Freemason Symbols And Their Masonic Symbolism

Acacia
Anchor and the Ark
Ark of the Covenant
Master Mason Apron,...of Unspotted White Lambskin
Rough and Perfect Ashlar
Masonic Altar
Masonic Blazing Star
Cable Tow
Masonic Wages,...Corn, Wine and Oil
47th Problem of Euclid
Masonic Lamb
Letter G
Masonic Eye
Masonic Gavel
Mosaic Pavement
Masonic Sheaf of Corn
Square and Compasses
Masonic Shoe
Trestleboard

Read more: http://www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com/freemason-symbols.html#ixzz1PXzB43wk

http://www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com/freemason-symbols.html

Read more: http://www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com/freemason-symbols.html#ixzz1PXz7QVOF

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Books were created by scribes who painstakingly copied down the the verbal words they heard or copied, (letter by letter) the words from other hand-printed scrolls, which later became hand-bound books. Due to the immense amount of time it took to create such a book, they were very rare and very expensive.
Freemasonic Symbolism Scribes_301x235

...Hence, due to the lack of books, much knowledge was passed down via the use of symbols and by word of mouth...a "monitorial" inculcation (mouth-to-ear-teaching).

Read more: http://www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com/freemason-symbols.html#ixzz1PXziQMZs

Masonic Scholars Study Freemason Symbols: True Masonic scholars have devoted a portion of their time to the study of the meanings of Freemason symbols.
Consequently, they have a strong foundation of knowledge which the non-scholar lacks. (The word "scholar" in this instance refers to a person who studies...and not a person who has a genius-level I.Q. mind, which others were not blessed with.)

Your Symbolic Foundation Beneath Your Middle Chamber: The perfect ashlars (stones) which made up the foundation of King Solomon's Temple were gargantuan (huge) in size, ..some as large as 41 feet x 11.5 feet,... because in his wisdom; King Solomon understood the need to build a solid foundation for his temple...just as each of us must do.
Freemasonic Symbolism Solomons_temple_460x379

Q: So, ...now that nearly everyone has been taught to read
...and with millions of books now available, as well as nearly
6,000,000 pages about Freemasonry on the internet and over 400 books about Freemason symbols and Masonic symbolism available on Amazon.com, why is this depth of knowledge not found in most
Freemasons, today?

A: While there are lots of books and information available;

unfortunately, a clear, concise, step-by-step Masonic education
is nearly impossible to find. The foundation of Masonic ritual is
built on Freemason symbols and biblical (Holy Book) references.

Therefore, it is impossible to fully understand Masonic ritual without understanding its underlying foundation...that of the biblical meanings within ritual and the rich history of these Freemason symbols ...these Masonic symbols, which we have inherited.
Lodge education officers valiantly attempt to impart pieces of Masonic knowledge; ...however the only true path to Masonic education is when you begin to link and understand the meaning of the words in the ritual to their biblical meaning coupled with the Freemasonry symbols which underlie it.

Memorizing the words is not enough. True light is achieved through study and understanding of that which you seek.

Only then can you "feel" the biblical power of our Creator's words within Freemasonry's tenets because this is where the rubber-meets-the-road.
Ritual, alone will not fulfill your quest. 50 years of perfect lodge attendance cannot create true "light".

Degrees: Without a true understanding of the ancient and biblical tenets, Freemason symbols, Masonic history and why we circumambulate (the act of moving around a sacred object) in our ancestor's footsteps around an altar glorified to our Creator;...the titles and degrees upon which we have been bestowed may possibly only be words which attempt to attach a scholarly credibility and experience to a man which he may not, in fact, yet possess.

Education, study and the resulting knowledge which comes from this learning process is the only method which leads to a "graduate", once having received his "Master's" degree, actually knowing what he studied, what he learned and why it is important in his life.

"As Hiram prayed daily for guidance from his God before drawing the designs that would set the craftsmen to work, so must we."

Read more: http://www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com/freemason-symbols.html#ixzz1PXzcwNGn
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Any ideas on the meaning of the Oak leaf or Oak Tree? Or acorns?

Keeps cropping up. Question
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Strangelove wrote:Any ideas on the meaning of the Oak leaf or Oak Tree? Or acorns?

Keeps cropping up. Question

ya....it does.

and given the video and subject...here we are again:

For Obama, All Roads Lead to ACORN and Saul Alinsky

October 10th, 2008 by Brad OLeary Freemasonic Symbolism Print Print This Article ·ShareThis
Following the DNC Convention, Saul Alinsky’s son, L.David Alinsky, wrote a letter to the Boston Globe. “Barack Obama’s training in Chicago by the great community organizers is showing his effectiveness,” the son wrote. “I am proud to see that my father’s model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing to affect the Democratic campaign in 2008. It’s a fine tribute to Saul Alinsky as we approach his 100th birthday.”

The great community organizing Obama did was through the radical Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN). ACORN is notoriously known for its radical, and often illegal, practices and adherence to the radical philosophy of Saul Alinsky. According to the Washington Post, Alinsky’s “disciples hired Barack Obama, a 23 year old Columbia University graduate to organize black residents on the Southside, while learning and applying Alinsky’s philosophy of street level democracy.”
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:02 pm

Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol hits stores this week, but how to the Freemasons feel about their secrets possibly being revealed?

The Freemasons are probably America's best known secret society. but defenders say they really aren't all that secret at all (some prefer to just call them a "society with secrets"), and those who are expecting a shocking expose of Freemasonry may be disappointed, as word is Dan Brown's Lost Symbol puts the group mostly in a positive light.

The Freemasons may be best known by young people for the satirical homage to them on The Simpsons, where many of the town's men were members of the Stonecutters. Masons do have an air of mystery, and really do keep a vow of secrecy, but most who have experience with them say there is nothing evil being hidden.

No confirmation yet on rumors that Dan Brown's next book is about ACORN.

Freemasons, Dan Brown and 'The Lost Symbol'
sfgate

Six years after Brown intrigued millions of readers, and infuriated scholars and religious officials, with "The Da Vinci Code," he has set his new novel, "The Lost Symbol," in Washington and probed the fraternal order that well suits his passion for secrets, signs and puzzles.

Freemasons, Dan Brown and 'The Lost Symbol'
Posted at September 15, 2009 12:41 PM

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/best_of_youtube/2009/09/freemasons_dan_brown_and_the_lost_symbol.html
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Masons host open house

2010-04-22 / Dining & Entertainment

Conejo Valley Masonic Lodge No. 807 will host a community open house and On The Level, a Masonic information program, at 7 p.m. Tues., April 27 at 2786 Crescent Way, Thousand Oaks.

The event is open to men and their families who would like to know more about Masonry or who are interested in membership.

Freemasonic Symbolism Toak-header

http://www.toacorn.com/current/front_page
Dessert, soft drinks, coffee and tea will be served.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Freemasonic Symbolism 2414588446_c1c44a6e5e

Saint Edmund and the real lost symbol’s of Freemasonry

Submitted by Andy Marshall on October 5, 2009 – 7:06 pm2 Comments

The exterior geometry only hints at the symbolic wonders within
With the recent publication of Dan Brown’s book “The Lost Symbol”, Freemasonry and its associated symbolism have once again hit the headlines.

Here architectural photographer Andy Marshall recounts a tale in words and pictures of some real symbols of Freemasonry found in a mysterious church which may soon be lost…..

Falinge is a small district of Rochdale, Lancashire which lies just outside the town centre. It has recently acquired the dubious mantle of ‘Benefits Capital of the UK’, which brought swiftly upon the concrete laden streets, the vagaries of national press attention. Just 50 metres away from this hotbed of scrutiny was a photographer with an entirely different subject framed within his lens.

Andy Marshall explains: “ I am a photographer with a background in historic architecture and its conservation, and every now and again I get a call to help record a building which is under threat. On this occasion the building was the church of Saint Edmund in Falinge.”

Above: I have painstakingly recorded every piece of stained glass at Saint Edmund and put it linear order. Click the + button top right to see the glass in all its glory and then zoom in to see the detail

Freemasonic Symbolism 2414589244_5215373070

Built upon the proportions of Solomon’s Temple?

Miniplanet of the full set of stained glass at Saint Edmunds

Freemasonic Symbolism 2413761941_d71f4e691b

Unconventional tracery at the Royd’s Chapel

Andy is getting particularly used to photographing churches which are under threat, but this church overwhelmed him with the sheer quality, individuality and distinctiveness of its interior.

Freemasonic Symbolism 2414587970_6ea340d523_o

More symbols in the form of vine scroll, acorn and oak leaf motif’s

Freemasonic Symbolism 3025591898_b4e553f5e2

Doorway to the gallery looking towards the stairs

Freemasonic Symbolism 3026656903_4e63c4117b

Gate with masonic symbols (originally in the Royd’s Chapel)
“I remember first meeting the key holder there and discussing the history of the building as we entered the vestry. When we walked into the chancel I soon realised that Saint Edmund wasn’t the average Victorian church. I remember having to hold my excitement until I had the pleasure of being all alone in this remarkable space”.

The richly carved hammer beams in the Chancel

What Andy had come across was a combination of Victorian ingenuity, benevolence and self-belief. A heady mix of interior design and symbolic association which, notes Pevsner (from the famous Buildings of England architectural guide), has symbolism to rival that of Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland. The Chapel at Rosslyn is, of course, the building that recently had its profile raised by its associations with Dan Browns book ‘The Da Vinci Code’.

Saint Edmund, Falinge is known as a “Masonic Church” which, some might say, is a paradoxical mix of secular symbolism within a religious context. It was built in 1873 at the cost of over £20,000 when the average church cost £4000. The church is a real insight into the workings of the late Victorian society. Encompassed within its walls is an eclectic concoction of secular attachments, philanthropic altruism and spiritual aspirations. It was built on land given over by Albert Hudson Royds, who was part of a family banking business in Rochdale. It is infused and influenced by the Royds family and its associations with Freemasonry. Every aspect of the building seems to have an ulterior meaning, from the geometry of the roof trusses, to the symbolism behind the stained glass. The whole structure is said to have the proportions of Solomon’s Temple and is deliberately raised (at what must have been huge cost) upon a stone plinth. The immediate landscaping and road layout pays deference to the church. Because it is raised upon a plinth it can be viewed from miles around.

Freemasonic Symbolism Web

The Chancel from the Nave

Freemasonic Symbolism 2341088805_0d307c31ef

Royd’s Chapel (from the Chancel)

The Altar from the Royd’s Chapel

The Masonic Lecturn

Freemasonic Symbolism 2396558206_063c95d716

Detail from the Masonic Lecturn
One of Andy’s favourite photography techniques is to take a long shot of an interior with a telephoto lens which foreshortens the subject matter within the shot. “Looking through the viewfinder at Saint Edmund, I was amazed at the visual semiotics on display. Crunched up hard against the crucifix was the square and compasses of the masonic lectern, and shunting the altar steps in the Royd’s Chapel was a plumb line, set square and other geometric symbols carved upon the altar rail”.

Freemasonic Symbolism 2358892178_ddaccf99b7

Masonic Lecturn with the altar and reredos behind

Freemasonic Symbolism 2381167350_2a9369d25a
Behind the main altar is a beautifully sculpted reredos which continues the theme of symbolism. The first impression is of a delicately executed sculpture with leaves and grapes scrolling horizontally from a central vine. Look closer and the words “I AM THE” begin to appear from deep within the foliage.
The sculpture itself is left to reveal the meaning which relates to a passage from the bible: John 15 verse 5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing“. Designed by the first incumbent, the Rev. E. W. Gilbert, it is an articulate example of how sculpture has been used to convey a message, and provide a three dimensional parable on the meaning of faith.

Freemasonic Symbolism 2329234619_41e79752be

Reredos with ‘I AM THE’ hidden within the vine motif

Freemasonic Symbolism 2389455276_4e4d52264f

Royd’s Chapel roof geometry

Detail from the Gallery (note the oak motif’s to the hammerbeam)
During one cold Sunday morning, Andy managed to make a brief glimpse below the church in the voids beneath. A door leads from the crypt into a world of dusty, darkness. “What I found there was remarkable. A brick vault with a single Victorian chair lodged in the rubble; hunks of stone cut offs from the original carvings for the building; and in one particular corner – a wooden mould template for a column or window jamb situated next to a Victorian stopper bottle. It was as if I had travelled back in time to 1873.”

Freemasonic Symbolism 2407356816_e75796b446

Deep within the recesses of the church a chair stands in solitude

Freemasonic Symbolism 2396555762_5b2d630950

Masonic Lecturn detail

Corbel detail
Over the last few years, the church’s congregation has dwindled which has lead to some tough decisions from the Anglican diocese. There is some hope that another use might be found (another Christian denomination is interested) and this is being actively sought by all concerned.

Freemasonic Symbolism 2361500116_c90f7d5179

Royd’s Memorial Brass plate detail

Freemasonic Symbolism 2398482137_e96146ceb9

Saint Edmund’s ‘in macro’ – pattern and decoration
After several days of photography at Saint Edmund, Andy came across the news articles proclaiming the state of the ‘benefit culture’ in Falinge.

“I was immediately saddened by the parallel divide between the wonderful cultural riches of a church in distress, and the social and economic requirements of the community on its doorstep. If only we could find a way of introducing the one to the other, and harnessing and awakening the tremendous energy and vitality of a church and a community in need.” [End]
This is an revised version (with new images) of an article written last year. More about Andy Marshall…

Freemasonic Symbolism 2402334569_3c182c1fcf

Tower staircase

http://fotofacade.com/?p=2468

~

"Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland. The Chapel at Rosslyn"

those are the Rosicrucians, BRITISH-ISRAELISM.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:24 pm

man, these guys are EVERYWHERE. farao
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:30 pm

MIGHT HAVE COVERED THIS ALREADY IN THIS THREAD BUT ANYWAYS....

Strangelove wrote:From that site:

While the beliefs of Freemasonry have changed and been embellished over the years, the authors believe they have their core origins in the Ebionite belief systems incorporated into the design of Rosslyn. They write: "At the heart of Freemasonry we still find imperatives critically important to William Sinclair and Gilbert Haye. These include a deep reverence for John the Baptist, an enduring belief in justice, equality and fraternity, a reverence for the Noahide Laws of ancient Judaism and a recognition for that all-important part of the year around the autumn equinox.

"These include a deep reverence for John the Baptist"

ring a bell, Doc?

Freemasonic Symbolism Thumbnail

mother asks daughter to have king bring the baptist's head on a charger....

WHICH 'CHURCH" DO WE KNOW THAT LOVES THAT "HEAD"?

Two Churches and a Mosque claim to have head of John the Baptist

The mother of all corruption and shame.The Catholic Church of Amiens in France have kept John the Baptists skull on a plate.
Freemasonic Symbolism France1

A Church in France holds a skull on a plate, and claims it is John the Baptist.

Jesus explains there have never been a greater man than John the Baptist walking the Earth. Still a Catholic Church in France, feels the need to keep a skull on a plate, and claims it is the very head of the baptist.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:46 pm

Gravestone Symbols
Acorn - As the seed of the oak, the acorn is a symbol of potential. In Norse and Celtic (BRITISH ISRAELISM?) culture, acorns symbolized life, fertility and immortality. Druids ate acorns, believing them to have prophetic qualities, and acorns were sacred to the god Thor whose Tree of Life was the oak.

"Acorns and oak leaves form one of the circular 'hex' signs used by the Amish and Mennonite communities of southern Pennsylvania, the various signs believed to bestow favors such as protection or natural abundance"

http://www.ingenweb.org/ingreene/resources/gravestone_symbols.htm

~

Goshen College, (also known as Goshen or GC) is a private Mennonite liberal arts college in Goshen, Indiana, USA with an enrollment of around 1,000 students. The college is accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Goshen College was founded in 1894 as the Elkhart Institute, and is affiliated with Mennonite Church USA. Goshen College maintains a distinctive Christian Mennonite environment, but admits students regardless of race or religion. U.S. News and World Reports ranks Goshen as a third-tier liberal arts college.[2]

Freemasonic Symbolism Seal-solid-black

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goshen_College
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Amish acorn hex:

Freemasonic Symbolism Tumblr_lh9puqHIGQ1qhz69so1_400

Middleton coat of arms again:

Freemasonic Symbolism The-coat-of-arms-for-kate-middleton--1303209829-view-1
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Strangelove wrote:Amish acorn hex:

Freemasonic Symbolism Tumblr_lh9puqHIGQ1qhz69so1_400

Middleton coat of arms again:

Freemasonic Symbolism The-coat-of-arms-for-kate-middleton--1303209829-view-1

WOW!
Doc....you might just have this one pegged bud. king
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Mount Hope Cemetery, Rochester, NY

Eye of God/All-Seeing Eye - The Eye of God or the All-Seeing Eye symbolizes the all-knowing and ever-present God. During the Renaissance period in Europe, it was common to illustrate the Eye of God surrounded by a triangle (the Holy Trinity). The eye within the triangle, surrounded by a circle and radiating rays of light is used to symbolize the holiness of the true God.
      Oak tree - hospitality, stability, strength, honor, eternity, endurance, liberty. It is believed to have been the tree from which Jesus Christ's cross was made. In smaller pioneer cemeteries, it is common to place children's graves near oak trees. The oak tree was the tree of life in pre-Christian times. The Druids worshipped the oak. The oak, oak leaves and acorn can stand for power, authority or victory. Often seen on military tombs.

http://www.vintageviews.org/vv-tl/Photos/MtHope/Sym0155.html

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum