Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel 9

4 posters

Go down

Daniel 9 Empty Daniel 9

Post by zone Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:13 pm

DANIEL'S 70TH WEEK 490 YEARS

Historically, Protestant scholars have not applied Daniel 9:27 to a future period of tribulation at all! Neither have they applied the "he" to the Antichrist! Rather, they applied it to Jesus Christ. Notice what the world-famous Bible commentary written by Matthew Henry says about Daniel 9:27: "By offering himself a sacrifice once and for all he [Jesus] shall put an end to all the Levitical sacrifices." Another famous Bible commentary, written by Adam Clarke, says that during the "term of seven years," Jesus would "confirm or ratify the new covenant with mankind." Finally, another well-respected old commentary declares: "He shall confirm the covenant—Christ. The confirmation of the covenant is assigned to Him."

The following 10 points provide logical and convincing evidence that the "one week" spoken of in Daniel 9:27 does not apply to any future seven-year period of tribulation at all. Rather, this great prophetic period has already been definitely fulfilled in the past!

http://www.angelfire.com/nt/books/daniel.html

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Daniel 9 Empty Daniel's 70th Week--Future or Fulfilled?

Post by zone Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Daniel's 70th Week--Future or Fulfilled?

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/m.sion/da70fufu.htm
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Daniel 9 Empty Re: Daniel 9

Post by KingdomSeeker Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:38 pm

"...he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.(9:27)

So this allready happened? So all we are waiting for is the return of Jesus, and then we get to go home? So then that means, you really dont have to worry about Noahide laws, or the apostasy in the church.

Why Cant it be Both? Fulfilled and YET to be fulfilled?

Like we are physical AND spiritual. Jesus comming, and dying, and the temple being destroyed, fullfilled the physical.

Now why cant there still be a future fulfillment?

Jesus is the HEAD, we are the BODY. Jesus(spirit) fullfilled the physical. We(physical) fulfill the spiritual.

Destruction of the physical temple, and the physical sacrifice, happened.

But, Why can't it also happen in the spiritual?

"He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. "

What are the spiritual sacrifices, and offerings? Prayers? yes?

Just a thought.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:56 pm

The Prophetic Chronology

Daniel's prophecy itself indicates when it will be fulfilled. It tells us of the beginning point, the duration period, and the fulfilling event.

The beginning point (9:25). The edict to rebuild Jerusalem is where we begin the 490 year count down to the Messiah. There were actually three such edicts issued, so we'll have to figure out which one.

The duration period (9:24). 70 weeks. Again, the term “week” means “unit of seven” and could refer to seven days, weeks, months or years. Since the looking back covered 490 years, then it is reasonable to do the same looking forward.

The fulfilling event (9:26). This would be the 'cutting off of the Messiah.” This refers to His death. This will happen in the middle of the final “unit of seven” or 486 1/2 years in the future.

In 457 B.C. Ezra led a group back to rebuild Jerusalem by the King's edict (Ezra 7:6,7; 9:9). To this beginning point. Add the above 486 1/2 years and we come to 30 A.D. which is the date of the crucifixion! Following this, as punishment for putting the Messiah to death, Jerusalem would be destroyed. This, too, was accomplished by the Roman armies led by ''the prince who is to come” (this would be Titus who would take his father's place as emperor) exactly as Daniel had said (cf. Matthew 24:15; 34). After a siege, Jerusalem was burned and the sanctuary was completely destroyed. But Jesus had already ascended back to heaven to serve in the new sanctuary. Our hope is in Him!

http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-daniel-9-24-27.htm

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:00 pm

KingdomSeeker wrote:
So this allready happened? So all we are waiting for is the return of Jesus, and then we get to go home? So then that means, you really dont have to worry about Noahide laws lol! , or the apostasy in the church.

Why Cant it be Both? Fulfilled and YET to be fulfilled?

hi RH!
i'm working that out now: i think you are right.
as for the Noahide Laws - i'm not worried, but i am KEEPING MY EYE ON THEM! farao that threat is growing, not diminishing.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:06 pm

hi RH!

Thats not my name!! LOL!! ...

i'm working that out now: i think you are right.
as for the Noahide Laws - i'm not worried, but i a KEEPING MY EYE ON THEM! farao

oh...ok...pardon the interuption then... silent

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:08 pm

KingdomSeeker wrote:

Thats not my name!! LOL!! ...

oh...ok...pardon the interuption then... silent

tsk....sorry Rob.
Rolling Eyes
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:09 am

Dual prophecy??

Vely intelesting....

Daniel 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfSuEMpc6YmkG6_d9re0FeHQZ0Q7JtmDAbV8Enm_789i0s2CSGKSQmuw
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:40 pm

“it is finished.” All that pointed to Him, including the list of things in Daniel 9:24, were accomplished by Messiah in the 70th week of Daniel.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy.

“to finish the transgression,”

The Jews had filled up their own sins and that of their fathers. Killing the Lord Jesus messiah was the ultimate act of transgression. It was the final straw for his father.

1 Thessalonians 2:15-16 (KJV)  Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Matthew 23:31-32 (KJV)  Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

Acts 3:13-15 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus;
whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; And killed
the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 

He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. Isaiah 53:8 (Messiah would be cut off, but not for himself.)

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD. Isaiah 59:20

Hebrews 9:15 points to Messiah, the mediator of the covenant, redeeming the Jews from the sins committed under the Sinai covenant. 

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

"Make an end to sin"

The church no longer in bondage to sin.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world.

Hebrews 1:3 (KJV)  Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Romans 6:6 (KJV)  Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 8:2-3 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

Eternal redemption.

Hebrews 9:12 (KJV)  Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Put away sin.

Hebrews 9:26 (KJV)  For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Hebrews 9:28  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Hebrews 10:11-12  And every priest stands daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God.

Hebrews 10:16-17 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Thi was prophesied...

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:6 

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. Isaiah 53:12

"to make atonement for iniquity"

Our iniquity, his atonement.

Romans 5:8-10 (KJV)  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Colossians 1:20-22 (KJV)  And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

2 Corinthians 5:18-19 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Hebrews 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behooved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Matthew 1:21 And she (Mary) shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Foretold by Isaiah...

Isaiah 53:5  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isaiah 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

"to bring in everlasting righteousness"

Jeremiah 23:6 foretold Messiah our righteousness. 

In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. 

Isaiah 53:11 points to the righteous servant. 

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

The church holds the righteousness of the everlasting God.

Romans 3:21-22 (KJV)  But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

1 Corinthians 1:30 (KJV)  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

"to seal up the vision and the prophecy"

The scroll that was sealed after Daniel was opened by John in revelation. It is the same scroll of prophecy. It was determined that there would be a great silence from God through his prophets during most of the 70 weeks.

Daniel 12:4 (KJV)  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

After the seventy weeks is fulfilled..... we see a multitude of prophecy as the end was at hand. In Revelation we see Jesus worthy of opening the scroll.

Revelation 5:5 (KJV)  And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Similarly, prophecy and visions have been sealed since the 1st century, as he and his messengers are the final revelation of God, and there will be no more prophetic visions since the inauguration of the kingdom of God in the new covenant, the Church, it is all complete.

Hebrews 1:1-2 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the ages.

"to anoint the most holy"

Luke 3:21-22 (KJV)  Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luke 4:18-19,21 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Hebrews 10:16-21 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God.

Last edited by strangelove on Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:06 am; edited 4 times in total
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:49 pm

The first year of the prophecy began in 457 BC, and it was the start of seven Shemitah cycles. That means that 457 BC was a year of Jubilee after the previous seven Shemitah cycles.Now that we have a definite starting point, we understand that sixty-nine weeks (483 years) after the command, that the 70th week was to be fulfilled from 27-34 AD. Proving that out reinforces that the decree made by Artaxerxes I in 457 BC is the correct one.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:59 pm

A man who undrstood the 70th week was coming soon.

And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. Luke 2:25 

For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against; (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed. Luke 2:30-35
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:17 pm

The command to rebuild the city was given in 457 BC.
The cycle of seventy Sabbath cycles lines up with 457 BC. It was a year of Jubilee, as the
Jewish captives were released.
King Herod died in 4 BC, so Messiah was born before his decree to kill the babies, which
took place shortly before Herod’s death.
The 69 weeks/483 years ended in 27 AD.
Messiah began His ministry at age 30, in the fall of 27 AD.
Messiah died in the middle of the 70th week, in the spring of 31 AD.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro John Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:20 pm

Dear sir, Good to see you posting again. In your study, could Steven's martyrdom form the time bookend for the 70th week?

Bro John

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:33 pm

Bro John wrote:Dear sir, Good to see you posting again.  In your study, could Steven's martyrdom form the time bookend for the 70th week?

Hey Brother John!

It could do, but I'm not sure we need a bookend event to the 70th week? I'm certainly not dogmatic about it.

Seventy "sevens" are determined in the prophecy.
Seventy sets of seven years.
In one of those sets (the last one) messiah cofirms the covenant with many.
He dies in the midst of that last set of seven.
Prophecy over. Everything determined to happen in the seventy sevens is detailed for us. We don't necessarily need something interesting to happen right at the end of the last set.

I prefer to look at it as seventy sets of seven, rather than exactly 490 years.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro John Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:50 pm

I can agree. Have you had any dealings with Covenant Eschatology teachers, who espouse the "corporate body resurrection or fp's that adhere to a "individual body resurrection"? Both teach 70 ad total fulfillment of all prophesied events.

Bro John

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:01 pm

Dan 9:27a He will confirm the covenant with many for one ‘seven.’

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers.

Galatians 3:16-17 (KJV) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Isaiah 49:8 (KJV) Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;

Isaiah 42:6 says, I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles.

Malachi 3:1 (KJV) Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:06 pm

Bro John wrote:I can agree.  Have you had any dealings with Covenant Eschatology teachers, who espouse the "corporate body resurrection or fp's that adhere to a "individual body resurrection"?  Both teach 70 ad total fulfillment of all prophesied events.

I don't run across any full preterists really. Don't think it's defendable biblically.

strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro John Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:11 pm

Do you understand Matt 24 & 25 to be speaking of 70ad?  Perhaps it splits at Matt 24:34. That verse and all before in that chapter have 70 ad in view while Matt 24:35- 25:46 concerns itself with the final end of the world.  Your thoughts?

Bro John

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:43 pm

Bro John wrote:Do you understand Matt 24 & 25 to be speaking of 70ad?  Perhaps it splits at Matt 24:34. That verse and all before in that chapter have 70 ad in view while Matt 24:35- 25:46 concerns itself with the final end of the world.  Your thoughts?

I have thought about the pivot point in verse 35, but I lean against it.

Jesus gives a rough timeline for events to unfold within that generation.

Then he says.... but.... of the exact day and hour no one knows.

I think the entire chapter is 70AD.

The end of the old covenant came officially with the destruction of the temple made with hands. Then we entered the new heavens and the new earth, of which revelation 21 gives a beautiful account.

Revelation 21:1-3 ESV — Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro John Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:02 pm

I was always under the impression that the bodily coming of Christ from heaven, the bodily resurrection of the saints dead and living, the final judgment, the destruction and replacement of the current heaven and earth with the new and the eternal state were the 5 items that separated the full from the partial preterist.

Bro John

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:12 pm

Bro John wrote:I was always under the impression that the bodily coming of Christ from heaven, the bodily resurrection of the saints dead and living, the final judgment, the destruction and replacement of the current heaven and earth with the new and the eternal state were the 5 items that separated the full from the partial preterist.  

I agree with all those things. I just view "new heavens and earth" as more spiritual than physical. I don't think the bible teaches the destruction of this earth. There is nothing wrong with God's created physical universe, only with mans sinfulness which causes ongoing corruption of it.

Rev 21 teaches that the new heavens and earth came when "the dwelling place of God is with man." correct?

When did that happen?

2 Corinthians 6:16 (KJV) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Revelation 7:15 (KJV) Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Jeremiah 31:33 (KJV) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 8:8-11 (KJV) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro John Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:08 pm

Rev 21 teaches that the new heavens and earth came when "the dwelling place of God is with man." correct?
I believe the dwelling place of God began in the saints at Pentecost.  John 7:38,39.  14:15-21

When did that happen?
The nh& ne in my understanding appear very close in time to the resurrection of the saint's bodies.  Romans 8:19-23.
As the flood of Noah's days by literal water was not local but universal, so too I believe the melting of h & e by literal fire is also woridwide taking place at the end of time.  I Peter 3:1-13.

2 Corinthians 6:16 (KJV) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Yes, we are the temple of God now. The temple has a progression, however.  Moses' Tabernacle was made with hands but transient.  Solomon's Temple, and Zerrubbabel's Temple was made with hands but immovable.  Jesus comes next, the temple made without hands and transient.  He went about doing good.  His saints are also temples made without hands and transient for the purpose of preaching the gospel.  Acts 1:4-8, Mark 16:15.  But at the end we are made without hands and immovable in the true temple clothed upon with our Heavenly house.  Revelation 3:12

Revelation 7:15 (KJV) Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

I will leave this for another time but only pause to inquire as to your thoughts on its sister verse in Revelation 21:1-5.   What is the sea?  What is meant by no more death, sorrow, crying, and pain?

Bro John

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:19 pm

I love your curious mind bro.

I assume you mean II Peter 3:10-13?

I believe this is surely referring to judgement 70AD also. He's telling believers in the 1st century to be "looking for and hasting the day of God".

This has to mean something to them. It can't be referring to the end of time on the last day.

Indeed the heavens passed away, the elemental things of the world (Col 2:8 and 2:20) were melted. The works of the world were exposed.... found.

Basically saying the same thing. New heavens and new earth. Not physically, but spiritually.

Brother.... the sea symbolically probably stands for turmoil in Rev 21. Trouble.

Jesus took away our trouble.
He took away death. Eternal death and also spiritual death. If you believe in him then you will never die.

John 11:25-26 ESV — Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

Death... where is thy sting?

He took away our sorrow, and tears and pain. To have the spirit of God is joy and peace.

Romans 15:13 ESV — May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

A book like revelation needs to be read primarily from a symbolic perspective. The main subject of the book is 70AD, so that is where I look for fulfillment. If it makes zero sense, then I can look elsewhere.

God bless you bro.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down