Daniel 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daniel 9

Post by zone on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:13 pm

DANIEL'S 70TH WEEK 490 YEARS

Historically, Protestant scholars have not applied Daniel 9:27 to a future period of tribulation at all! Neither have they applied the "he" to the Antichrist! Rather, they applied it to Jesus Christ. Notice what the world-famous Bible commentary written by Matthew Henry says about Daniel 9:27: "By offering himself a sacrifice once and for all he [Jesus] shall put an end to all the Levitical sacrifices." Another famous Bible commentary, written by Adam Clarke, says that during the "term of seven years," Jesus would "confirm or ratify the new covenant with mankind." Finally, another well-respected old commentary declares: "He shall confirm the covenant—Christ. The confirmation of the covenant is assigned to Him."

The following 10 points provide logical and convincing evidence that the "one week" spoken of in Daniel 9:27 does not apply to any future seven-year period of tribulation at all. Rather, this great prophetic period has already been definitely fulfilled in the past!

http://www.angelfire.com/nt/books/daniel.html

zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Daniel's 70th Week--Future or Fulfilled?

Post by zone on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Daniel's 70th Week--Future or Fulfilled?

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/m.sion/da70fufu.htm
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daniel 9

Post by KingdomSeeker on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:38 pm

"...he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.(9:27)

So this allready happened? So all we are waiting for is the return of Jesus, and then we get to go home? So then that means, you really dont have to worry about Noahide laws, or the apostasy in the church.

Why Cant it be Both? Fulfilled and YET to be fulfilled?

Like we are physical AND spiritual. Jesus comming, and dying, and the temple being destroyed, fullfilled the physical.

Now why cant there still be a future fulfillment?

Jesus is the HEAD, we are the BODY. Jesus(spirit) fullfilled the physical. We(physical) fulfill the spiritual.

Destruction of the physical temple, and the physical sacrifice, happened.

But, Why can't it also happen in the spiritual?

"He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. "

What are the spiritual sacrifices, and offerings? Prayers? yes?

Just a thought.

KingdomSeeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:56 pm

The Prophetic Chronology

Daniel's prophecy itself indicates when it will be fulfilled. It tells us of the beginning point, the duration period, and the fulfilling event.

The beginning point (9:25). The edict to rebuild Jerusalem is where we begin the 490 year count down to the Messiah. There were actually three such edicts issued, so we'll have to figure out which one.

The duration period (9:24). 70 weeks. Again, the term “week” means “unit of seven” and could refer to seven days, weeks, months or years. Since the looking back covered 490 years, then it is reasonable to do the same looking forward.

The fulfilling event (9:26). This would be the 'cutting off of the Messiah.” This refers to His death. This will happen in the middle of the final “unit of seven” or 486 1/2 years in the future.

In 457 B.C. Ezra led a group back to rebuild Jerusalem by the King's edict (Ezra 7:6,7; 9:9). To this beginning point. Add the above 486 1/2 years and we come to 30 A.D. which is the date of the crucifixion! Following this, as punishment for putting the Messiah to death, Jerusalem would be destroyed. This, too, was accomplished by the Roman armies led by ''the prince who is to come” (this would be Titus who would take his father's place as emperor) exactly as Daniel had said (cf. Matthew 24:15; 34). After a siege, Jerusalem was burned and the sanctuary was completely destroyed. But Jesus had already ascended back to heaven to serve in the new sanctuary. Our hope is in Him!

http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-daniel-9-24-27.htm

zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:00 pm

KingdomSeeker wrote:
So this allready happened? So all we are waiting for is the return of Jesus, and then we get to go home? So then that means, you really dont have to worry about Noahide laws lol! , or the apostasy in the church.

Why Cant it be Both? Fulfilled and YET to be fulfilled?

hi RH!
i'm working that out now: i think you are right.
as for the Noahide Laws - i'm not worried, but i am KEEPING MY EYE ON THEM! farao that threat is growing, not diminishing.
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:06 pm

hi RH!

Thats not my name!! LOL!! ...

i'm working that out now: i think you are right.
as for the Noahide Laws - i'm not worried, but i a KEEPING MY EYE ON THEM! farao

oh...ok...pardon the interuption then... silent

KingdomSeeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zone on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:08 pm

KingdomSeeker wrote:

Thats not my name!! LOL!! ...

oh...ok...pardon the interuption then... silent

tsk....sorry Rob.
Rolling Eyes
zone
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:09 am

Dual prophecy??

Vely intelesting....

Arrow IMPORTANT THREADS Arrow FORUM STATEMENT OF FAITH Arrow CHRISTIAN WILDERNESS BLOGSPOT

Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Strangelove
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum