Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charismatic Evangelical Occultism.

+2
Son of Israel
Major
6 posters

Go down

Charismatic Evangelical Occultism. Empty Charismatic Evangelical Occultism.

Post by Major Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 pm

In an effort to get my friend Strangelove off and winging, I am trying to list some topics which I hope will translate into some long threads for him and his site.

So then.........when His disciples asked Jesus what the signs would be of the nearness of His return and the end of the world, the first sign of the many He talked about was RELIGIOUS DECEPTION.
In Matthew 24: 4 Jeus said....
"Take heed that no man deceive you for many shall come in my name saying I am the Christ
and shall deceive many".
Christ's warning was not about atheists, un-believers, wicked killers of some non-Christian faith. There is no deceit involved in a frontal attack. Christ's warning is about a decrption which is all the more subtle because it comes from within the church and is being done IN JESUS NAME!.

Jude also warns us about "Certain men who have crept in unawares (Jude 4). Crept in where???
The Church my friends. These are not Satan worshippers or deliberate occultists who are insidiously at work in the church, but are "Christian leaders".

These enemies who oppose Christ IN HIS NAME are clearly occultists.

Some kind of power is at work that is not of God my friends. Their "signs and wonders" are so impressive that even the elect are in danger of being deceived. Moreover, the "power" convinces these false prophets themselves for they ask seemingly surprised, "Lord, have we not........?"
It is the display of such power that attracts revival seekers today.

The lust for health and wealth and godlike power opens the door to occult bondage. This then has become the major problem in the Charismatic movement today and it is seen in ALL DENOMINATIONS. What has been the result:
A desire for power and at the same time a denigration of Biblical Doctrine with the resultant
loss of the very guidelines which would protect one from occult involvement.
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Charismatic Evangelical Occultism. Empty Re: Charismatic Evangelical Occultism.

Post by Son of Israel Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:18 am

It is the same satanic power that Paul contended with in His days within the Church. The concision. The Jewish fables. The sons of the devil. The den of vipers and serpents... the 'chosen' :/

Now today, modern christianity is raped with a 180 year old New Judaized teaching of Margaret McDonald out of Glasgow Scotland, received by the Wesleyans, and promulgated by the Jew Scofield in his reference Bible. The Jewish whore is firmly astride the beast people who spew the false prophecies out of their mouth and the waters are made bitter.
Those words, Jesus said them. I repeat them, I am ostracized, by Jews and Christians. Good to be here bros and sis, thank you for inviting me Zone, Strange, you got it going on bro Smile Loving to see the Spirit of God in the midst here. (bow)
It is called dispensationalism you all know it it is total antichrist false prophet antichrist rolled up in the world of darkness. And I thought it was "chosen" I can't believe how stupid I was. All like a billion fusion bombs going on in new glory.
But the enemie... It grown and grown, rising its ugly wounded head up out of the waters in May 1948, and subtilely ushered in the entire Hal Linsey era of rapture, tribulation, second coming, a physical reign on the planet, a stone temple built yet again, complete with sacrifices blah blah blah... all under the guise of 'christianity' does everyone else here see this?? I know doc and zone and now major, this is cool if you guys know all this lol I've been so alone for so long...
It is the ultimate apostacy and kills our brethren left and right! How not to hate her! "That sodomite whore", Jesus says. Wow. How do you wrap yourself around that kind of knowledge all alone in the world with no one to fellowship! (but one man though, Lionel, the Lord always gives us that one man. Like John on Jesus' breast)

How to get the word effectively out there I just hope this forum works for that Doc, sure hate to see it get bent over and CF'd...

The fact is, I feel impelled to warn of this bizarre religious entity that is poisoning the sheep. It's killed many of my friends and family and almost killed me. The flood of false prophecy coming forth from the mouth of the dragon Pharisees to this day. The sting of the false prophet is in their tails.
Beware the leaven of the Pharisees! Those within whom Jesus Christ is not come in the flesh.
Antichrist.

Most of them are in fact, occultist. The stuff I could show you...
And the serpent IS the most subtle beast of the field...

SOI
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:50 am

Major wrote:In an effort to get my friend Strangelove off and winging, I am trying to list some topics which I hope will translate into some long threads for him and his site.

Go for it Sir. Lets really dig into the meat here.

Major wrote:
So then.........when His disciples asked Jesus what the signs would be of the nearness of His return and the end of the world, the first sign of the many He talked about was RELIGIOUS DECEPTION.
"Take heed that no man deceive you for many shall come in my name saying I am the Christ
and shall deceive many".
Christ's warning was not about atheists, un-believers, wicked killers of some non-Christian faith. There is no deceit involved in a frontal attack. Christ's warning is about a decrption which is all the more subtle because it comes from within the church and is being done IN JESUS NAME!.
Indeed this is the vast disconnect that many Christians have in regard to the PRESENT AND COMING deceptions. Church buildings are NOT safe havens.

11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of
light.

11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as
the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to
their works.

Major wrote:
Jude also warns us about "Certain men who have crept in unawares (Jude 4). Crept in where???
The Church my friends. These are not Satan worshippers or deliberate occultists who are insidiously at work in the church, but are "Christian leaders".
Well, when we look at the RCC and EOC practices it basically is out and out OCCULTISM Lolz! Full on idolworship and necromancy. But yes it gets subtler as you move into the netherregions of the protestant denominations..that is...until you get to the Charismatics with their kundalini madness.

Major wrote:

Some kind of power is at work that is not of God my friends. Their "signs and wonders" are so impressive that even the elect are in danger of being deceived. Moreover, the "power" convinces these false prophets themselves for they ask seemingly surprised, "Lord, have we not........?"
Indeed they seek emotionalism and 'feelings'....worldly manifestations of the spirit that they can touch and hear and 'experience'.

Major wrote:
The lust for health and wealth and godlike power opens the door to occult bondage. This then has become the major problem in the Charismatic movement today and it is seen in ALL DENOMINATIONS. What has been the result:
A desire for power and at the same time a denigration of Biblical Doctrine with the resultant
Doesnt it bring God down a few pegs when people do this? Try and be Godlike? theres a difference between being Christlike and being a little God.

Good post Major Sir.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:06 am

Son of Israel wrote:It is the same satanic power that Paul contended with in His days within the Church. The concision. The Jewish fables. The sons of the devil. The den of vipers and serpents... the 'chosen' :/
Thats right Son. We need to stay awake and wary of all the attacks from the originator of all the funky doctrine. Jeru the Damaga. She attacks with intellectual and fanciful fables as well as infecting level one deceptees with the occultic practices. Theres more than one way to cook a Christian goose.
Son of Israel wrote:
Now today, modern christianity is raped with a 180 year old New Judaized teaching of Margaret McDonald out of Glasgow Scotland, received by the Wesleyans, and promulgated by the Jew Scofield in his reference Bible. The Jewish whore is firmly astride the beast people who spew the false prophecies out of their mouth and the waters are made bitter.
The oldest kid on the block. Should we expect this stuff to come from anywhere else?
Son of Israel wrote:
Those words, Jesus said them. I repeat them, I am ostracized, by Jews and Christians. Good to be here bros and sis, thank you for inviting me Zone, Strange, you got it going on bro Smile Loving to see the Spirit of God in the midst here. (bow)
I'm a new Christian, I feel I've got the basics of the faith down..but...I still have somethings to learn. I'm not settled on my eschaetology yet and I'm in need of help Brother. Revelation has me confuzzled.
Son of Israel wrote:
It is called dispensationalism you all know it it is total antichrist false prophet antichrist rolled up in the world of darkness. And I thought it was "chosen" I can't believe how stupid I was. All like a billion fusion bombs going on in new glory.
But the enemie... It grown and grown, rising its ugly wounded head up out of the waters in May 1948, and subtilely ushered in the entire Hal Linsey era of rapture, tribulation, second coming, a physical reign on the planet, a stone temple built yet again, complete with sacrifices blah blah blah... all under the guise of 'christianity' does everyone else here see this?? I know doc and zone and now major, this is cool if you guys know all this lol I've been so alone for so long...
It is the ultimate apostacy and kills our brethren left and right! How not to hate her! "That sodomite whore", Jesus says. Wow. How do you wrap yourself around that kind of knowledge all alone in the world with no one to fellowship! (but one man though, Lionel, the Lord always gives us that one man. Like John on Jesus' breast)
If we tackle this with brotherly love I'm sure we can eliminate this dispy threat.
Son of Israel wrote:
How to get the word effectively out there I just hope this forum works for that Doc, sure hate to see it get bent over and CF'd...
Never gonna happen Bro. I'm no-ones jailhouse plaything.
Son of Israel wrote:
The fact is, I feel impelled to warn of this bizarre religious entity that is poisoning the sheep. It's killed many of my friends and family and almost killed me. The flood of false prophecy coming forth from the mouth of the dragon Pharisees to this day. The sting of the false prophet is in their tails.
Beware the leaven of the Pharisees! Those within whom Jesus Christ is not come in the flesh.
Antichrist.

Most of them are in fact, occultist. The stuff I could show you...
And the serpent IS the most subtle beast of the field...
SOI
The Mother stays so well hidden eh? Freaky.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:25 pm

well Mama made sure her favorite Daughter does exactly what she's told.

Rome is the triumph of the judaizers, fer sure.

SEVEN HILLS! imagine! scarlet & purple color....it's all there (or...is it?)

the evidence is in:
while everybody's been looking the other way, that head comes back to life.

we got the ECUMENICAL traitors kissing the popes ring, and the pope giving the thumbs up to the SERPENT RELIGION OF BABYLON: the poor unsuspecting jews, muslims, christians and miscellaneous other idolators with no clue what's coming their way.

THE RAINBOW COVENANT Evil or Very Mad
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:30 pm

i mean...just look at this "type":

Matthew 14
The Death of John the Baptist

1At that time Herod the tetrarch heard about the fame of Jesus, 2and he said to his servants, “This is John the Baptist. He has been raised from the dead; that is why these miraculous powers are at work in him.” 3For Herod had seized John and bound him and put him in prison for the sake of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife,a 4because John had been saying to him, “It is not lawful for you to have her.” 5And though he wanted to put him to death, he feared the people, because they held him to be a prophet. 6But when Herod’s birthday came, the daughter of Herodias danced before the company and pleased Herod, 7so that he promised with an oath to give her whatever she might ask. 8Prompted by her mother, she said, “Give me the head of John the Baptist here on a platter.” 9And the king was sorry, but because of his oaths and his guests he commanded it to be given. 10He sent and had John beheaded in the prison, 11and his head was brought on a platter and given to the girl, and she brought it to her mother. 12And his disciples came and took the body and buried it, and they went and told Jesus.

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Major wrote:In an effort to get my friend Strangelove off and winging, I am trying to list some topics which I hope will translate into some long threads for him and his site.

and shall deceive many".

good post Major.
it's actually frightening to SEE it...just happening...the demonic activity i.e: PENSACOLA etc....how can they not see it?
i know first-hand what happens: after i had gotten somewhat grounded in the Word i was invited to a church...long story short, the whole falling over backwards thing; running around; laughter; i saw it first-hand and inside the alarm bells were RINGING...then someone "laid hands" on me, and whatever it was was actually transferred to me physically.

flashing light show in front of my eyes, sensations, etc. they kept saying it was The Lord. i literally felt drunk and was slurring my words, etc. that was my first CHURCH experience after reading the Bible and believing (about a year later).

the delusion is very very real.

the first inkling i got after a month or so of the sensual was when i spotted my Bible put away: that startled me so badly when i realized i hadn't opened it in a month - it had dust on it.

prior to that laying on of hands i had studied and read day and night - every day. man, my hair stood on end.

it was then i heard the small still voice: prayer and fasting. 3 weeks of intensive work by The Holy Spirit and the whole thing was revealed - it was a lot of hard work (library, research - all uncharted territory at the time), and extremely disturbing but i'm grateful...i'm a skeptic by nature, i guess i had to experience this first-hand to understand it for what it is.

run from this stuff.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:23 pm

zone wrote:

and shall deceive many".

good post Major.
it's actually frightening to SEE it...just happening...the demonic activity i.e: PENSACOLA etc....how can they not see it?
i know first-hand what happens: after i had gotten somewhat grounded in the Word i was invited to a church...long story short, the whole falling over backwards thing; running around; laughter; i saw it first-hand and inside the alarm bells were RINGING...then someone "laid hands" on me, and whatever it was was actually transferred to me physically.

flashing light show in front of my eyes, sensations, etc. they kept saying it was The Lord. i literally felt drunk and was slurring my words, etc. that was my first CHURCH experience after reading the Bible and believing (about a year later).

the delusion is very very real.

the first inkling i got after a month or so of the sensual was when i spotted my Bible put away: that startled me so badly when i realized i hadn't opened it in a month - it had dust on it.

prior to that laying on of hands i had studied and read day and night - every day. man, my hair stood on end.

it was then i heard the small still voice: prayer and fasting. 3 weeks of intensive work by The Holy Spirit and the whole thing was revealed - it was a lot of hard work (library, research - all uncharted territory at the time), and extremely disturbing but i'm grateful...i'm a skeptic by nature, i guess i had to experience this first-hand to understand it for what it is.

run from this stuff.

Thanks Zone. I guess if the boss if happy then we are all happy!!!

I am glad you saw the light so to speak and ran to it. I as well had a similiar expreriance many years ago. Yes it is scary but for me that fear turns quickly into excitment because I know that it means the return of Jesus is close, even at the door.

Tragically, the Hinns, Hagins and Copelands et al. have convinced themselves and others that the supposed miracles they perfrom are proof that they belong to Christ.

The men in leadership (and Women as well) make claims and send out letters monthly on claim after claim of miracles. Such claims are beyond belief except to the most gullible. Those gullible then believe these leaders are actually praying over THEIR request as that means they will get what that ask for. They really believe that Brother Smellfungus wrote them a personal letter when the fact is it is a form letter sent out to thousands.

It is deception at the hightest level of decency. Do I think that these people are deliberately deceiving his followers in order to receive a "SEED_FAITH" offering from them???? ABSOLUTELY!!!

A well conceald fact which was reported in the News-Sentinel Of Knoxville Tenn. in 1996.

In Johannesburg South Africa during a Benny Hinn gathering, a man collapsed to the floor after being "Struck" by Mr. Hinn on the forhead. Mr. Hinn assured the audience that the Lord Jesus Himself had told him the man would be ok and that God was healing him. The real fact is that the man died in the ambulance on the way to a hospital.

Here is another one as can be found and read in its entireity if one so chooses to do from The Orlando Sentinal. In a 1989 New Years Eve service at his Orlando church, Mr. Hinn said....
"The Lord also tell me to tell you that about 94 or 95, no later than that. God will destroy the homosexual community in America. He will destroy it with fire".

I wonder how true that has been?????

False teachers and leaders count on this kind of guillibility from their followers.
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by endofallfears Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:02 pm

The underlying philosophy of the health/wealth gospel and the like is the idea that "Faith" is a force, a power that both God and man are able to access in order to shape our reality. This is in fact Existentialism spoken in "christianese".

Faith is exercised by using what can be called "verse matra", in that you continually "confess" the verses until it goes "deep into your spirit". At that point, you are giving God permission to act, because according to the prosperity, God is bound by certain laws of faith in which He can only do His work here on Earth with human permission.

They say it would be "illegal" for God to operate here on Earth without human permission because the "law" says the devil kicked God off the Earth in the Garden of Eden.

The deeper someone moves into this "gospel" the more dangerous it becames, because it puts the power of God into the hands of people, and God's absolute sovereignty is cast aside.
endofallfears
endofallfears

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:05 am

Moved to Apostasy forum.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:31 pm

endofallfears wrote:The underlying philosophy of the health/wealth gospel and the like is the idea that "Faith" is a force, a power that both God and man are able to access in order to shape our reality. This is in fact Existentialism spoken in "christianese".

Faith is exercised by using what can be called "verse matra", in that you continually "confess" the verses until it goes "deep into your spirit". At that point, you are giving God permission to act, because according to the prosperity, God is bound by certain laws of faith in which He can only do His work here on Earth with human permission.

They say it would be "illegal" for God to operate here on Earth without human permission because the "law" says the devil kicked God off the Earth in the Garden of Eden.

The deeper someone moves into this "gospel" the more dangerous it becames, because it puts the power of God into the hands of people, and God's absolute sovereignty is cast aside.

excellent insight endof
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Charismatic Evangelical Occultism. Empty Word and Spirit Together: Uniting Charismatics and Evangelicals

Post by zone Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Book Review: Word and Spirit Together

Reviewed by Amos Yong

From the Summer 2000 issue of THE PNEUMA REVIEW

David Pawson, Word and Spirit Together: Uniting Charismatics and Evangelicals (London, Sydney, Auckland: Hodder and Stoughton, 1998), 159 pages.

Originally published as The Fourth Wave in 1993, the second edition of this volume features a new title that captures the importance of holding together the mutual emphases of Word and Spirit against the backdrop of what has since also come to be known as the "fourth wave" -- the "mixed blessing" of the Toronto revival. The author, a widely recognized theologian in British evangelical and charismatic circles, argues for the importance of dialogue between these two movements, especially given the charismatic emphases on experiencing the gift of the Spirit as well as moving in the spiritual gifts, and the evangelical commitment to the apostolic gospel and to proclaiming it. Part I of this book develops these as characteristic features of both movements, and explores possible reasons why evangelicals have not, generally speaking, embraced the charismatic renewal -- given the Reformers' rejection of the radical Anabaptist movement, the Puritan emphasis on preaching, and the orientation of dispensational theology toward understanding the charismata within a cessationist framework -- and how evangelical attitudes toward those in the charismatic movement have progressed from suspicion, toleration, and coalition toward the possibility, finally in our time, of meaningful integration.

~

This is an important book for Anglo-American evangelicals, Pentecostals and charismatics. One of the questions that it should lead us to ask is whether or not the peculiar forms of these movements in the Western world exhaust the meanings of "evangelical" or "charismatic." I hazard to guess that they do not. If not, then, this might mean that as evangelicals and charismatics wrestle with what it means to unite Word and Spirit in a global context, we need to be alert to the power of the Word and the surprises of the Spirit to redefine our preconceived ideas both about what God is doing in the world, and about what we should be doing as well.
http://www.pneumafoundation.com/print_article.jsp?article=article_0025.xml&xslt=article_print.xslt
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Charismatic Evangelical Occultism. Empty The Spirit of Truth Set Me Free From the False Anointing

Post by zone Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:41 am

The Spirit of Truth Set Me Free From the False Anointing

by Chris Lawson

Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31-32

Before I became a Christian, I was overcome by a powerful occult experience that nearly led to my death in a California desert. Two years later, as a new, yet undiscerning Christian, I had an equally powerful occult experience - only this time it was in a hyper-faith Christian church. At the whim and amped up touch of a so-called “anointed”, Latter-Rain, Joel's Army prophet, I experienced full force what many spiritual seekers today call “the anointing”. But what anointing was this and what on earth was "Joel's Army"? Read in context the entire book of Joel had nothing to do with what this preacher was preaching!

What I experienced years ago in the world of occult deception and Christian cultism is what people around the world call Holy Laughter, or divine laughter. Also known as Laughter Yoga, Shakti-pat, ‘the force’, Kundalini awakening, Ki, drunk on the divine, etc., this power is being “transferred” through false prophets such as Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Todd Bentley and many others via - blowing, waving arms, laying on of hands, etc.

What countless people fail to realize is that this so-called “anointing” is not from the God of the Bible, but instead is a very real, very dangerous, and very powerful occult manifestation that can produce deadly results. Sadly, multitudes of church-goers today are being overtaken by this flood of demonic deception. This sinister power, which has gained access into countless churches, is rooted in Yogic Occultism. This power is none other than the "fire" of Kundalini-Shakti, the Hindu-serpent power Goddess that is purportedly "awakened" through yoga and can manifest spontaneously. Christians who deny this are either ignorant or willfully blind to the dangers of the world of the occult. I understand what this deadly power is and by God's grace I escaped its vicious grasp.

Who is Kundalini, the Serpent Power? Mythologically, she is an aspect of shakti power or energy) and consort of Shiva. Philosophically she is the creative energy that forms mind and matter, and comes to rest in the lowest form of matter. She is consciousness: the power of matter to know itself. In terms of Tantric practice, she is the mysterious power that resides in the human body and can be awakened by suitable techniques: special meditations and yogic practices of a particularly powerful nature. She is The Goddess: the ultimate heart of many areas of Eastern religion, not only of Hinduism. [Sir John Woodroffe, The Serpent Power: The Secrets of Tantric and Shaktic Yoga, New York: Dover, 1974, Back cover]

One such false prophet who appears to be foisting this demonic power on multitudes is "revivalist" Todd Bentley. Todd Bentley's violent and abusive spirituality can currently be viewed on numerous You Tube videos. It certainly does not take much research at all to find out why this unbiblical "anointing", which fuels Todd Bentley's clairvoyant "signs and wonders" powers, cannot be from the Jesus of the Bible! Those who do their homework well will not be deceived!

2 Timothy 3:8-9 and13 state very clearly,

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was...But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Seeing that we live in perilous times [2 Tim.3:1], and that perilous times will be marked by men who are "lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof..." [2 Tim.3:5], I have chosen to reject false prophets and false teachings. Demons almost killed me in the desert as a non-Christian and they almost destroyed my faith in Christ in a heretical Christian church.

In light of this, it is my sincere desire to do what the what the bible teaches, not man. What do I mean? I wish to "...continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." [2 Tim.3:14-17]

It was only when I sincerely sought the God of truth, through His word of truth, by His Spirit of truth, that I was truly set free. I am ever grateful to my LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ that I powerfully delivered from occult bondage nearly 20 years ago.
http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/freedomfromfalseanointing.html
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny botwright Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:39 pm

yes watched some of this guys vidoes you tube hadnt heard of him before, saying the holy spirit tolled him to kick a lady, who was worshipping near the stage, in the face, with his bikers boot,

and to lay out a chinnese man, knocking out this tooth,

the only person needed a good boot , is this bloke right out the door,

and once out side, laying out him self, unbelievable. johnny

One such false prophet who appears to be foisting this demonic power on multitudes is "revivalist" Todd Bentley. Todd Bentley's violent and abusive spirituality can currently be viewed on numerous You Tube videos. It certainly does not take much research at all to find out why this unbiblical "anointing", which fuels Todd Bentley's clairvoyant "signs and wonders" powers, cannot be from the Jesus of the Bible! Those who do their homework well will not be deceived!

the
johnny botwright
johnny botwright

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 pm

The Problems with Personal Words From God
How People Become False Prophets to Themselves
by Bob DeWaay

The Bible tells us that God has spoken, infallibly, finally, and authoritatively through people He chose as mediators of His revelation. This is summarized in Hebrews 1:1, 2: “God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.” The Bible further tells us that Christ’s words to us were confirmed through eyewitnesses, the apostles. Hebrews 2:2, 3 says, “For if the word spoken through angels proved unalterable, and every transgression and disobedience received a just penalty, how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? After it was at the first spoken through the Lord, it was confirmed to us by those who heard.” The apostles were responsible for giving us the New Testament that constitutes Christ’s authoritative words to His church—the revealed truths that remain binding on all.

In this article let us consider this question: Can a believer receive special revelations that become God’s personal, revealed will for his or her life? Many believe that this special revelation is real—that God provides it today. I contend that they have not thought through some of the concept’s problematic implications. In this article: I will defend the idea that God, since the days of the apostles, has been ruling providentially rather than through further specific revelation—whether through authoritative mediators or directly to individuals.

..........EXTENSIVE STUDY..........

Conclusion

God never binds people to error or uncertainty. Only inerrant, authoritative, special revelation is binding on all Christians. The only “words from God” that fit that criteria are those found in Scripture. It is abusive to make PWsFG to be special revelations of God’s will either to an individual or to a church. These “words” never have the quality of being “certainly from God.” When we take them to be that when they are not, then we have become false prophets to our own selves or to the church.

God has been ruling only providentially (rather than directly through infallible prophets) for over 2000 years and not giving further infallible, special revelation. God could raise up infallible prophets and apostles that meet the criteria of Deuteronomy 18 and 13, but He has not. Rather than seeking to make errant “words from God” authoritative and binding, we would be better off admitting God has not raised up any infallible prophets and accepting His benevolent providential rule. We are safe in God’s loving, providential care and are not “missing God” by failing to follow PWsFG that fail the necessary tests for being God’s authoritative revelations.

http://cicministry.org/commentary/issue98.htm

Personal Words from God Radio Broadcasts

Personal Words from God, Part 2
Presented by Bob DeWaay and Dick Kuffel
Broadcast Monday, May 12, 2008
Does God give individual Christians inerrant, authoritative, and binding revelations beyond Scripture? In part 2 of this series we discus the doctrine of providence and make applications of it to show how God guides us today.
MP3 (duration 00:30:52)

Personal Words from God, Part 1
Presented by Bob DeWaay and Dick Kuffel
Broadcast Monday, May 5, 2008
Does God give individual Christians inerrant, authoritative, and binding revelations beyond Scripture? We explain the problems for those who answer "yes" to this question and defend the idea that God has only spoken authoritatively to us through Scripture
MP3 (duration 00:30:55)

http://cicministry.org/radio_series.php?series=personalwords
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down