Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doc Vs PPS

3 posters

Go down

Doc Vs PPS Empty Doc Vs PPS

Post by strangelove Tue May 29, 2012 6:00 pm

PPS, do you recon if you got much cleverer your bonce would actually fit through doorways?

[oops...I mentioned a body part]

--ADMIN---WARNING---NO BODY PARTS!-----
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Doc Vs PPS Empty Re: Doc Vs PPS

Post by strangelove Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:14 pm

PPS I wrote you a poem.

Tinkle tinkle little star,
How smarter than the rest you will go so far,
Up above the rest so bright,
Like a genius in the night,
Tinkle tinkle little star,
God will have you in your foolish wisdom so...uhm...there you...are!
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:43 pm

--------

Last edited by PneumaPsucheSoma on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PneumaPsucheSoma

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Well... Your poetic skills aren't any more acute than your exegetical skills; but I suppose a few more years of nursery rhyme study will help, and since you don't spend time in the Word you'll be able to allocate the time for such vital activity.

Identify and define the 3 types of biblical knowledge, and contrast them to the same for wisdom, prudence, and understanding.  Maybe you'll figger owt which puffs up and which love abounds in.  Then you might have a clue about 1Cor. 13 and other love pasages and knowledge passages regarding \"that which is perfect".  I'll probably still have to buy you the clue.

I have some Huggies and wipes to ship you.  And a binky.  LOL. 

PneumaPsucheSoma

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:08 am

Well, there shouldn't be any debating in this thread but the 3 types of knowledge that abide inside your cranium are...inverted mysticism...foolishness and post-gnostic arrogance.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Strangelove wrote:Well, there shouldn't be any debating in this thread but the 3 types of knowledge that abide inside your cranium are...inverted mysticism...foolishness and post-gnostic arrogance.

...says the infant puffed-up pseudo-gnostic as a stand-alone sect of one with no ties to the body of Christ.

You should try the handy new home self-lobotomy kit. Oh, wait... you did. Now you're stabbin' at the sacred text with the same ice pick.

Your fragmentary experiential knowledge (gnosis) is just like the Kundalini practicioners, but on the opposite end of the scale. Same-same.

I dub thee, "Sir Puffy, the Blown-around Gnosis Knight."

Y,know... if you'd spend as much time in the Word as you do online with research over the (alleged) holocaust and schtuff, you might grow up into Christ.

Puff... a wind of doctrine. Puff... a bunch of gnosis.

Puffy. In Huggies. Keep cryin'.

PneumaPsucheSoma

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Ya know, if I overheard you talking in public...I would probably think...who the heck is that tool?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Strangelove wrote:Ya know, if I overheard you talking in public...I would probably think...who the heck is that tool?

Wow, my feelings are SO hurted. The novice Sir Puffy might think I'm a tool.

If I was talking about Geocentricity and the Eschaton Agenda, you'd be all up my bungy in agreement before even considering whether I was a Cessationist or not.

If you met me in public and said the crap you've said, I'd dress you down properly and you wouldn't have much left to say when it was all done, Sir Puffy. Or I would just walk away in agape without responding.

You sure wanted to piggy-back my business success by trying to arrange some goofy scooter sales scam for profit as soon as I got here, ya greedy little bugger. So don't tell ME about being a tool. I'd hand you your arse by calling you out, Sir Puffy.

Love abounds in knowledge. Not the puffy one that you have, but epignosis. We're to have the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him. That's how we ALL come to the perfect man, by the knowledge of the Son of God.

You're just too puffed up to see or know that. You're not alone. The church is full of puffies. Go ahead and attend somewhere. You'll fit right in.

PneumaPsucheSoma

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:18 pm

what...in...the hell is going on in here?
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Like over the Trinity topic, Doc decided to abandon all reason and decorum; instead choosing to engage in ad hominem just because he thinks I'm arrogant because of my stewardship of scholarship.

Like the vast majority of Christendom, he doesn't have a clue what the three types of knowledge are, and contrasted with wisdom, prudence, and understanding; so in his own gnosis (which puffs up for this very reason), he's determinied that the epignosis and oida that I utilize is gnosis.

The last time he did all this over the Trinity topic and started this thread, I just ignored it and also ignored responding to his ad hominem and misrepresentation in the thread. I just let that all go, and went my way in peace.

This time, since I'm truly searching out the underbelly of the dichotomy between the Cesssation and Continuation doctrines, and he's again insisted on lambasting me about being an egomaniac and worse; I decided to respond this time with some sarcasm, and call him out on his junk.

It's all just totally unnecessary. My tone and the omission of ANY initiative mention of ANY experience should speak for itself. I just wasn't gonna let this all go again after the previous Trinity debacle that I instead just walked away from.

And I didn't even stoop to pulling out the BIG sarcasm and denigration. I just wanted to find out if his ad hominem skills were any better than his exegesis skills. They're not.

For me, this isn't even personal. I've walled myself off from that after previous encounters. This is just my response to his insolence at treating my like a Kundalinist and whatever else. Evidently this is the place for such things, though I seldom engage because it's too easy to start referring to sibling parentage and the like.

Edificiation would be preferable, but that doesn't seem to be what Doc wants to give or receive. Sometimes a kid needs a good dose of his own stuff from an adult to show him we've all been kids and have some street smarts under our yielded obedience and fruit.

Pastors don't like it much either when you've been the epitome of spiritual fruit and they continuously say condescending stuff, finally getting an earful back that exposes their ineptitude after long silence on such matters. It SHOULD be a wakeup call. It often isn't.

I grow tired of NOT responding to constant ad hominem, especially when others represent a God who was too impotent to create ALL, but they don't even realize it.

I came here intentionally instead of engaging in the Cessation v. Continuation topic in a bazillion other places. I did that because this is the venue where someone actually understands the "other stuff". Kundalini, Kabbalah, Tikkun, and many other factors. I did that because this is the most adamant and topic-hostile venue for Continuation.

It wasn't adversarial; it's the opposite. It wasn't to feign a search, but to just be spoiling for a fight. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to present counterpoint in examination of both sides; especially when silliness ensues.

It's preferable to have a second witness from scripture for anything doctrinal built on a passage of scripture. And parallel contexts and themes are replete in valid hermeneutics and apologetics. Contexts have to have overall congruity with/in the whole counsel of God.

But now I'm probably well into violating whatever "rules" there are for this section which prevents debate. I don't know. I didn't bother to look. I just responded to the drivel this time instead of holding my peace.

PneumaPsucheSoma

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:49 am

Dork.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:33 am

Dork? Is this 1982? LOL.

Decisions, decisions.

Do I call a professing brother in Christ a cretinous something-something? Or do I take the high road.

I guess query form would be appropriate.

Why are you such a fruitless juvenile who persists in such antics?

Why do you have such little regard for other professing believers?

Why don't you get a lexicon (Zodhiates is great) and figger out why you're all puffy in gnosis?

{cough} Scooter sales scam. {cough}

Sir Puffy or Sir Scooter. I'm so torn on your nickname. Decisions, decisions. ROFLOL.

Owned. Maybe try again. Razz

You STILL don't have to be like this.

PneumaPsucheSoma

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:15 am

PneumaPsucheSoma wrote:Do I call a professing brother in Christ a cretinous something-something?  Or do I take the high road.

i've seen you denigrating and calling professing christians every insulting thing ever.
in these two threads.

except the men who you say are ones who brought you to saving faith.

go back and re-read these posts - tell me if you are exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit.
i know you'll say i'm not, so who am i to ask or even know or something.

but really pps....you should go back and re-read these two threads...just your own posts.
i dunno.

again, i do hope you resolve it to your satisfaction.
i know i certainly worked at it for years before coming to the unshakable conclusion that complete cessation of the Pentecostal (the Day of Pentecost) gifts for the foundation of the church ceased, and were intended to cease.

all the best
let me know what you settle on.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:03 pm

zone wrote: i've seen you denigrating and calling professing christians every insulting thing ever.

Not at all. Only in response on this thread; and after leaving it alone last time. I'll certainly review to confirm.

in these two threads.

Perhaps you could point it out on the other thread. I've not done so.

except the men who you say are ones who brought you to saving faith.

All I've done is make comparative reference. It's the valid difference I've observed. It's not insulting someone else to give an example of certain men that exceeded all other examples of living by faith.

And I don't ascribe anything to Cessationists or anyone else in this regard that I don't ascribe to Charismatics at the other end of the scale. Perhaps you misunderstand what I was trying to convey. If so, that's certainly as likely to be my fault as yours, at the very least. I'll take closer inventory of my words since you've brought it to my attention.

Perhaps it's because I still refer to Theology Proper. But what I say is true. The O/orthodox Dyohypostatic Trinity doctrine depicts an impotent God who couldn't and didn't create ALL. It's not insulting for me to say that. It's a doctrinal truth. The O/orhtodox position is that eternity IS God. That's an elevated form of Pantheism, fer goonesssakes. And it's a passively-held position by Trinitarians and all others. All the Arians and Unitarians and Oneness, etc. have the same omission as the foundation of their doctrines, too.

That's why they all need to be reconciled to the truth, and in the process abrogate Gnosticism and every other world religion. They're all fighting over metaphysical crumbs, and the Early Fathers missed it. ALL of them. And everyone since, because everyone adheres to that indoctrination.

The far-elipsing problem at the base of everything is Theology Proper. It's not insulting for me to expose that. It's what I'm supposed to do. My unspoken example of life testimony is how I live that truth. That's what will determine if others take heed. On a forum, it's a bit difficult to determine anything except by someone's "tone" and content, whether it's mine or yours or anyone else.

I spent over 6 months offline, severely adjusting what had become a harsh manner of communicating. I don't see that at all in the main thread. This one is just a guy thing, with me no longer taking the high road. But believe me, I certainly didn't take the low road, either. In my flesh, I can have a scalpel-sharp sarcastic and denegrating wit. It's one of the things the Spirit has had to temper in a big way.

This thread really has nothing to do with the other thread. If anything, it's piggy-backed onto the last time when I said nothing in response to all the accusations of being Gnostic and an Emanationist, and previously believing in three Gods while others don't, and nobody else was that stupid, etc.

For me, it's just to clear the air of all that's still hanging there for others. The crap that got dragged into my current revisitation of this topic from the previous attempt.

I've seen many notable miracles. I know first-hand of many instantaneous or short-term gradual healings. Major stuff. And by truly godly men who live a life beyond reproach and don't belabor doctrinal minutiae. (That's my thing, because it's what God equipped me for and compelled me to do.)

But that could ALL be attributed to prayer petition and God healing. I've certainly never once seen such a thing from the prayers of unexpectant Cessationists who Que Sera Sera every need for healing. But I don't know every living Cessationist, so that's all based on my sampling. Yet it's a large and cumulative one.

I know Cessationists claim God still heals; but do they REALLY believe that and pray to that effect? Maybe that's the difference. Maybe the godly men I know DO pray fervently and fectually, and that's what makes the difference; and the gifts have ceased.

I'm talking about older men who remind me of Polycarp. Blameless. Anything less is... less. I just call attention to the disparity, since I've seen the example. That's not insulting others.

go back and re-read these posts - tell me if you are exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit.

In this thread, no. In the other thread, I don't see anything but response to someone else's initiated ad hominem after me humbly coming for a stripped-to-the-bare-paint look at the metal of this dichotomous area of doctrine. I don't think a human can be more genuine than I have been in coming here.

But I'll re-read, just because of the modest tone you've used.

In the other thread, I'm truly pouring out my heart in humility. Maybe you don't like my responses to Doc. I don't see you calling him out on his ridiculous accusations. In any case, I'll re-read, since I'm only responsible and accountable for myself, regardless of others.

i know you'll say i'm not, so who am i to ask or even know or something.

I'd actually say you are, and in great measure. I guess I don't understand why you think so little and lowly of me. Maybe you still think I'm an Emanationistic Gnostic. I don't really know.

but really pps....you should go back and re-read these two threads...just your own posts.
i dunno.

Okay.

again, i do hope you resolve it to your satisfaction.
i know i certainly worked at it for years before coming to the unshakable conclusion that complete cessation of the Pentecostal (the Day of Pentecost) gifts for the foundation of the church ceased, and were intended to cease.

Whether you realize it or not, I see both sides very clearly. The cessation is NOT the Second Advent. Period. That's stupid. The return of Christ is not a mirror. The mirror is for us to see Christ in us as we come to teleios by the epignosis of the Son of God. It's the typological foreshadowing OF the Second Advent, which IS within us. But it ain't the literal bodily Second Advent of Christ.

I also don't see how the cessation could be final canon authorship and "childish things" are the gifts. There's no second witness for either, and there IS a witness for the overall theme of scripture being something else regarding "that which is teleios". The only tenable thing is tying the completed canon TO that teleios as the means OF revelation. But that still doesn't make the canon "that which is teleios".

Totally apart from the gifts, I've never seen a Cessationist pray in earnest expectancy for the immediate healing of anyone or much else. So the impediment is also experience, regardless what any of us say. For you and others, it's the Charismatic Chaos.

I'm doing all I can to divest myself of that bias in looking at the exegesis. But it's made more difficult by those who insist the canon was cessation. It's no more tenable than the Second Advent, ignoring the lack of a second witness and the overarching biblical theme of teleios. Epignosis of the Son of God is what is teleios. Not gnosis. Epignosis.

So... As I look around, I don't see a developing OR modern history with others being teleios because of scripture. I see dead-letter professing believers (that's observation, not insult) and various levels of Kundalini on the other end of the scale. I don't see Cessationists praying for others and interceding for their souls.

I've been in all-night prayer services with men and women who prayed for hours for lost souls. It's where I "built up" my prayer life and learned to be in God's presence in extended selfless prayer for the kingdom of God that is HERE.

It's the same thing that's missing with the entitlement casual-prayer Kundalinists. I dunno, maybe you think I'm insulting the Kundalinists, too.

all the best
let me know what you settle on.

Thanks. I'll be at this for a minute. I'm not looking for the quick-fix answer, necessarily.

But you should know I'm not a typical Pentecostal. The only reason I ever came out of Cessation is because of the vivid example of a few godly men who won me to true faith in Christ out of my deceit and depravity and indoctrination.

Maybe if some Cessationists lived in that manner of example, I'd see teleios elsewhere.

Apart from seeing all the out-of-control fakery, you're really the only shining light of Cessation that I see personally. And I look around a bunch.

It's not like I'm some lost wanderer on this topic. I know the debate well. But me coming here should speak volumes. It's disappointing that it said nothing whatsoever to Doc. But I appreciate your contributions and have deep love and respect for you, even if it's not mutual.

PneumaPsucheSoma

Back to top Go down

Post by PneumaPsucheSoma Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:36 pm

To avoid any further degeneration, I'll limit my responses here. And I'll be engaging in Spirit-yielded self-examination of an inventory of my words on the other thread.

This is a topic I'll be revisiting for a while.

PneumaPsucheSoma

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Scooter sales scam?

What the heck is that all about?

I said I could get hold of Vespa's, you never really got back to me about it.

Whats all this scam stuff about?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:08 pm

pps is a lone ranger above all others.

you're arrogant and personally i'll bid you so long.

i hope among the other 7 billion ppl on the planet you find more than the handful you have to fellowship with.

meanwhile. i love my buddy doc and i'll be right here.
with him.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum