Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny Personal Failings

2 posters

Go down

Funny Personal Failings Empty Funny Personal Failings

Post by CCornelius Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:46 am

I get miffed when people use quote marks or apostrophes unnecessarily or wrongly.

It's ridiculous, I know. When someone puts up a sign that says "Lawmower's for sale," I find it irksome to the point where I've actually changed the sign.

People write that something happened in the 1970's. I grit my teeth.

Or they write "CD's for sale." Happens all the time. I've written "Sue your grade school" on more than one such sign.

Or they try to emphasize a word by putting it in quotes, not realizing they are actually calling into question the thing they are trying to assert strongly. I get depressed.
CCornelius
CCornelius

Back to top Go down

Funny Personal Failings Empty Re: Funny Personal Failings

Post by Dave L Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:11 pm

“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.” 1 Corinthians 1:27–29 (KJV 1900)

Dave L

Back to top Go down

Post by CCornelius Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:22 pm

Dave L wrote:“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.” 1 Corinthians 1:27–29 (KJV 1900)
Well, that's right.

In fact all through the Bible one sees God deliberately choosing the less capable to do great things so that the glory will go to God instead of His human instrument.

The boy David slew Goliath, an army whittled down to a couple hundred men before a big victory, Moses, who was a poor speaker, to address Pharaoh, the rather lame Jordan river used to cure leprosy, etc.
CCornelius
CCornelius

Dave L likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down