Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Christians Need to Fast?

+6
Adstar
Son of Israel
zone
Timotheos
KingdomSeeker
strangelove
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do Christians Need to Fast? Empty Do Christians Need to Fast?

Post by strangelove Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:50 am

Someone mentioned in another thread that Christians should be fasting all the time.

Personally I've never fasted in my short Christian life, and I really dont see the command to do so.

I noticed this though:

Mar 2:18 And the disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast: and they come and say unto him, Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but thy disciples fast not?

I'm quite open to being in error here and TBH need to lose a little weight anyway.. Very Happy ...so, wheres the idea of fasting come from?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Do Christians Need to Fast? Empty Re: Do Christians Need to Fast?

Post by KingdomSeeker Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:19 am

19 Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them? They cannot, so long as they have him with them. 20 But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them, and on that day they will fast.

You fast to wear down the flesh. And Strengthen the spirit.

Matthew 6:16 "Moreover when ye fast be not, as the hypocrites,
of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men
to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Notice, Jesus said when
you fast he expected and expects his followers to fast.

Acts 10:30-31 "And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing. And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.

Acts 13:2-3 "As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. "

Acts 14:23 "And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed. "

Acts 27:33 "And while the day was coming on, Paul besought them all to take meat, saying, This day is the fourteenth day that ye have tarried and continued fasting, having taken nothing."

1st Corinthians 7:5 "Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. "

But if you are doing it to lose weight, then DONT Fast, if thats the only reson. I highly doubt God would smile on that.
(i understadn it was a joke, but i stil needed to state that.)

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 am

Meh. I'm still not seeing any command or instruction to fast. How do you know when and how to fast? For how long?

I read somewhere that fasting is for when you are in a time of great sorrow. Is that true?

And what of that first verse I posted? Doesnt that indicate that Christs disciples didn't fast all the time?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:36 am

You Fast to kill the flesh. I guess you dont HAVE to fast, Its not a command, but it keeps the flesh in check, and its a privalage. It strengthens the spiritual relationship with Jesus.

I think we ALL should pray and fast more, not for any physical benifit, actualy, if you are looking for physical benefits, then DONT fast. its to KILL the physical. We are spiritual creatures now,(as new agey as that sounds...its not ment to) but we ARE! and we need to remove ourselves from the flesh.

So again, if you want to find reasons NOT to fast, well you dont have to look for reasons not to, becasue its not a command, again, it helps increase the spirit of Christ in you, it increases the awareness of the spirit, and DECREASES SELF awareness.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:59 am

KingdomSeeker wrote:You Fast to kill the flesh. I guess you dont HAVE to fast, Its not a command, but it keeps the flesh in check, and its a privalage. It strengthens the spiritual relationship with Jesus.

I think we ALL should pray and fast more, not for any physical benifit, actualy, if you are looking for physical benefits, then DONT fast. its to KILL the physical. We are spiritual creatures now,(as new agey as that sounds...its not ment to) but we ARE! and we need to remove ourselves from the flesh.

So again, if you want to find reasons NOT to fast, well you dont have to look for reasons not to, becasue its not a command, again, it helps increase the spirit of Christ in you, it increases the awareness of the spirit, and DECREASES SELF awareness.

Is there any actual scripture that supports your position on what fasting does for you?

What I'm thinking now is that, the places that mention fasting maybe refferring to Hebrew practices which may have been customary still to the people in Judea or maybe other countries where civil law appointed days for fasting?

Fascinating though. I just never felt the need for fasting, just seems totally foreign to me.

However, I can imagine that...if something terrible was happening in my life..or I felt like I had been defiled or something like that..THEN I could see the need for fasting as some kind of cleansing process maybe...

...dunno. confused
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timotheos Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 pm

I (myself) don't think a Christian is required to fast. You don't have to fast, although you can if you want to. I'm amazed by Christians who quote the passage "and then they will fast" out of it's context of the bridegroom (Jesus) being taken away from them.
Jesus said "I will be with you always." For me that is a joyful thing. Should I mourn and fast while Jesus is here with me? I think I should celebrate. Feasts are more appropriate for Christians.
Timotheos
Timotheos

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Timotheos wrote:I (myself) don't think a Christian is required to fast. You don't have to fast, although you can if you want to. I'm amazed by Christians who quote the passage "and then they will fast" out of it's context of the bridegroom (Jesus) being taken away from them.
Jesus said "I will be with you always." For me that is a joyful thing. Should I mourn and fast while Jesus is here with me? I think I should celebrate. Feasts are more appropriate for Christians.

Joining me tonight Timo? You bring the beers k?

Do Christians Need to Fast? Man_eats_giant_burger1
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Fasting is to humble yourself.

Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord.

Fasting is to grow closer to the Spirit of God.

Draw near to God, adn he will Draw near to you.

You need to fast. other wise you will stay in the flesh.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:31 pm

KingdomSeeker wrote:Fasting is to humble yourself.

Totally open to the possibility Good Rob....but....can you offer any scripture to support these claims?

I get awfully grumpy when I'm hungry. Do Christians Need to Fast? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJXR7z3J9AhrHs11Q24XPrO1OkZxE2Uh-GhOt1iATx6XEgGJDA1EHnpQ
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timotheos Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:52 pm

KingdomSeeker wrote:Fasting is to humble yourself.

When I came back to God, he put His best robe on me,
He adopted me as His son, He put sandals on my feet,
He prepared a special calf barbeque and He said,
"Let's have a feast and celebrate, This is my son! He was dead, and now he's alive!"
I'm not going to say, "Sorry Father, I can't eat with you, I'm fasting now."

This is a party, and we are celebrating.
Christianity is a party, not a funeral.
You and I, we will live forever, we don't need a funeral.
More wine! More Music! More Cheese Curds!
Let's all dance!
Timotheos
Timotheos

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 pm

Timotheos wrote:
"Let's have a feast and celebrate, This is my son! He was dead, and now he's alive!"

Let's all dance!
Do Christians Need to Fast? Thumbnail
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:57 am

Does 'fast' when mentioned in the bible specifically refer to abstaining from food?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timotheos Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Strangelove wrote:Does 'fast' when mentioned in the bible specifically refer to abstaining from food?
Yes, the greek word is νηστεύω (nesteuo) and it is a contraction of two greek words, ne (not) and esthio (eating).
Timotheos
Timotheos

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Timotheos wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Does 'fast' when mentioned in the bible specifically refer to abstaining from food?
Yes, the greek word is νηστεύω (nesteuo) and it is a contraction of two greek words, ne (not) and esthio (eating).

Agreed.

Interesting note by Barnes:

"Mat 6:16
Moreover, when ye fast - The word “fast” literally signifies to abstain from food and drink, whether from necessity or as a religious observance. It is, however, commonly applied in the Bible to the latter. It is, then, an expression of grief or sorrow. Such is the constitution of the body, that in a time of grief or sorrow we are not disposed to eat; or, we have no appetite. The grief of the “soul” is so absorbing as to destroy the natural appetites of the “body.” People in deep affliction eat little, and often pine away and fall into sickness, because the body refuses, on account of the deep sorrow of the mind, to discharge the functions of health. “Fasting, then, is the natural expression of grief.” It is not arbitrary; it is what every person in sorrow naturally does. This is the foundation of its being applied to religion as a sacred rite. It is because the soul, when oppressed and burdened by a sense of sin, is so filled with grief that the body refuses food. It is, therefore, appropriate to scenes of penitence, of godly sorrow, of suffering, and to those facts connected with religion which are suited to produce grief, as the prevalence of iniquity, or some dark impending calamity, or storm, or tempest, pestilence, plague, or famine. It is also useful to humble us, to bring us to reflection, to direct the thoughts away from the allurements of this world to the bliss of a better. It is not acceptable except it be the “real expression,” of sorrow; the natural effect of the feeling that we are burdened with crime."

Some support for both sides of the argument here. I can definately relate to the notion of fasting being at a time of sorrow, or a burden of guilt. I dont feel like eating at those times for sure.

Well, I'm a happy Doc. So I'm gonna eat with joy and give thanks to God for my daily bread. Very Happy
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:47 pm

I've been teaching on the fast at CF. A Jew and a young man have thanked me profusely over it Smile Here it is...

Originally Posted by Ompanime
Christian fasting - what does the Bible say?

Hi Om,
The article is in error.
It makes the wrong assumption that the followers of Christ, in the examples cited in scripture, was a "fast" of not eating food. That is in error.
The fast of Christ's followers and of the Apostles we read about is this fast;

(Isa 58:6)Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
(Isa 58:7)Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
(Isa 58:8) Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
(Isa 58:9) Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

Their fast was NOT the physical affliction of witholding food that God hates;

(Isa 58:5) Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?

The answer is "no" of course. The Apostles would not have been ignorant of scriptures and ignored this. They would have moved from that which is physical into that which is Spiritual. It is all about coming into enlightenment of what is real in the New Covenant, leaving behind that which is unprofitable in that Old covenant realm.

The true fast sets us freer than anyone can imagine! And it is real, and not a food deprived state of mind we think God has a better setting to reveal Himself in.

Blessings in the true fast!

The topic came up to me again lately, hence inspiring me to answer a post from Ompanime. The link promoted fasting as “not eating food”, as under the law.

Here was what originally was said to me by a ‘word of faith’ person; so I put it forth to another ompanime asking whether he had ever heard of such a thing before. He hadn’t. But here is what that original person said to me…
Another person wrote me saying;

When you are ready and thirsting and desperate for more,
fasting is the key to fast track with God. Fasting causes
our flesh to shut up (takes a while oh my) and causes us
to be able to "hear" God more clearly. Isaiah 58 iirc. First
assignment is to read that .. and again... and again...
literally "meditate" on it. and then fast until you receive it.
(You'll know) but fasting involves all that is in that Isaiah
chapter... Praying without ceasing, fasting from all carnal
pleasure and giving what you have to the poor.. (what you
can anyhow) blessing others always, forgiving......etc.!
until this happens I can't get much further. When you are led to
do this, do it then. Always everything as God leads. NEVER
should we do ANYthing without that God prompts.

Have you ever heard anything like that before? I was just curious.
I participate in these things as ultimately as my heart can hold, but not by witholding of food. I can't do that anyway for health reasons.
But the question glaringly remains, would I be missing "enlightenment" by not fasting from meals? Well no, of course not. No one can force enlightenment or receive it by not eating food. That is a bad teaching in my opinion, one to try to assist in revealing it for what it is, just a traditional religious exercise amonsgs certain sects and some individuals here and there. It isn't from God.

When younger, my Jewish background reasoned in such a way as above.
Then when I became a Bible student and filled with Messiah's Holy Spirit, He led me to loosen others from the bondage of O.T. lawful forms of activities and observances, to reveal how that all things are fulfilled in Christ in a higher spiritual order beyond that which an unenlightened mind can comprehend.
So when I saw your thread, I was drawn in Thank you for letting me explain here.
Blessings to you Op

Here is a great post of one who didn’t see it at first…

Assalamu alaikum Heavens,

You're post actually got me thinking later on, that there is physical fasting in the Bible (Going without food). We can see this in the following passages.

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” - Matthew 4:1-3

I don't think Isaiah 58:6-9 applies to the above passage, because he would've been alone in the wilderness, thus, he wouldn't have been able to give food to the hungry, or shelter to the poor.

“When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. - Matthew 6:16-18

Clearly, the fasting in this passage is a withdrawl from food as it is having a physical effect on you.

Paul also fasts without food in the following passage.

'I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.' - 2 Corinthians 11:27

Musas also fasted forty days and forty nights, the same as Yeshua.

'Moses was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.' - Exodus 34:28

There was also a day of fasting aswell, which we can see from the following passages.

'So you go to the house of the LORD on a day of fasting and read to the people from the scroll the words of the LORD that you wrote as I dictated. Read them to all the people of Judah who come in from their towns.' - Jeremiah 36:6

'Much time had been lost, and sailing had already become dangerous because by now it was after the Fast. So Paul warned them' - Acts 27:9

So clearly, there is also some spiritual breakthrough fasting (withdrawl from food).

Take care

MY REPLY

Alaikum Salam Zatara

Just like there was a physical temple in O.T. days, there is the Real Temple, the Spiritual Temple of our bodies in the New Covenant in our Lord. Likewise is this topic.

Excellent observations, I'm glad you posted those scriptures

Which fast is which lol, it can take a couple times to get this.
Jesus kept all the law. The law called for fasting, the witholding of food under the law. There were lots of them. Nobody kept them righteously though, and God didn't choose it for us any more than He chose the old temple building to be His true temple, but they were there and needed to be fulfilled by Jesus...

(Isa 58:3) Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
(Isa 58:4) Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
(Isa 58:5) Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?

But Jesus did fulfill keeping a righteous fast as we see the 40 days in the wilderness. No other man could though.

But after that, Christ's disciples did not fast by witholding food...

(Mat 9:14) Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?

I believe, that as alluded to here, Jesus explained things like Isa 58 to His disciples;

(Joh 21:25) And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

When Jesus talked to His disciples about everything, He would have revealed the meaning of fasting of Isaiah 58:6... I assert that they knew what the true fast was that was "acceptable to the Lord" at this point ...

(Luk 5:34) And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them?

If Christ is with us, we don't fast.

If Christ isn't with us, we would be "fasting" because we wouldn't have the bread of life nor the blood of His Life and would be in mourning.

(Mat 9:15) And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

There it is! The fast is being without Jesus!
Being WITH Jesus, we don't fast

But that isn't us Christians who are without Jesus of course... For He hath said;

(Heb 13:5)Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Christ is in you No fast!

(Col 1:27) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

So now we can read the New Testament in light of Christ's disciples not physically fasting, but "fasting" in the "fast" that God accepted.

(Mat 6:18)That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

(Act 13:2) As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.
(Act 13:3) And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.

What "fast" was Barnabas and Saul involved in in Acts 13? Was it the fast of not eating food? Or was it the fast of Isa 58:6,7? When one reads what they did afterwards in their message of salvation, they did exactly what is described in verses 6,7, and enjoyed the benefits of that fast as described in verses 8 - 11 ! Awesome isn't it

As the Lord Christ hated physical food witholding fasts, as He said in the earlier portion of Isa 58, He undoubtedly was proclaiming the true fast in the Lord that the Lord Loves. Only in keeping that fast of verses 6 & 7 can a man experience the blessings of verses 8-11.

(Isa 58:6)Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
(Isa 58:7)Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
(Isa 58:8) Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
(Isa 58:9) Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
(Isa 58:10) And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
(Isa 58:11) And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

No amount of physical fasting can do anything like what is described there. That is why I expound on this. So we can receive the Blessing

"Spiritual breakthroughs" only come by keeping the true fast of the Lord, in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, shining in that glorious Light. Only by loosing the bands of wickedness, lightening the burdens, and freeing the oppressed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, can we be keeping the fast which the Lord accepts.

There are a small handful of other 'fast' occurrences in the N.T. But they refer to an overnight periof of not eating just as we have break-"fast" in the morning, or a period of not eating due to tribulation and affliction or a stormy boat, as in that verse you cited with Paul in 2 Cor 11:27

I hope the extra attention given to detail helps. I don't ask that you believe me of course, but to take it under consideration in prayer and proving all things
It was a great breakthrough for me in my twenties, I've been preaching this ever since and witnessing great breakthroughs in individuals lives as they forsake the old style fast and begin preaching the gospel It is in ministering to the Saints and bringing Christ to the world, that we are in that true and acceptable "fast" of the Lord

Blessings to you dear Zatara

Zatara Kriszto
Medjai

From Zatara again, a monotheistic non-trinitarian jew become Christian (like me Smile

Grace be upon you,

Thank you for pointing this out. I didn't realise this until I actually saw your post. Unfortunately, it appears that I and many others have fallen into the past trap of 'fasting' without eating food. Now, I see it more clearly, you have the option of eating or not, isn't it better to give to the hungry poor who don't have the option of choosing to eat or not.

Take care.

Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Yep Doc. the only time of "fasting" that Jesus speaks of in the N.T. is if we are "without the Bridegroom". If we have Christ, we do NOT FAST! Smile

(Mar 2:19) And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.

(Heb 13:5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Son of Israel wrote:If Christ is with us, we don't fast.

If Christ isn't with us, we would be "fasting" because we wouldn't have the bread of life nor the blood of His Life and would be in mourning.

(Mat 9:15) And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

There it is! The fast is being without Jesus!
Being WITH Jesus, we don't fast

Yep Doc. the only time of "fasting" that Jesus speaks of in the N.T. is if we are "without the Bridegroom". If we have Christ, we do NOT FAST! Smile

(Mar 2:19) And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.

(Heb 13:5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Ahaaaaaa!.....fascinating insight there Son. Thanks so much for that.

Where ya been??

Me and Zone thought you got bundled into the back of a blacked out van and renditioned over to the Jerusalem supreme court for ritualised occult sacrifice in the white washed tombs!

.....glad that didnt happen!

Do Christians Need to Fast? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlyLNqzpFp4sRigMNcvKB5DqQOHE_efsNWAkp4tZ_UTqdbj01DIMfPdCc
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Let's all dance!

Christianity is a party? So your going to "Live it up" while you have family that are on thier way to Hell? While there are famine going on in the world, and people dying, your going to eat and drink and be merry? Your not going to tear your heart for people? your not going to fall prostrate before the Almighty GOd, ad begg him for mercy on your family? on your friends? Instead your going to pe pridefull, and enjoy your free ticket to Glory land? Nne of that stuff puts a sadness on your heart.?

Son of Israel wrote:Yep Doc. the only time of "fasting" that Jesus speaks of in the N.T. is if we are "without the Bridegroom". If we have Christ, we do NOT FAST! Smile

Actually No, S.O.I. , He told the Pharisees that when HE is gone then they will fast. He was Gone when he went to his father, he will never leave YOU, inside, if you have him, but that IS NOT what he was talking about.

You dont think the apostels at the time of the early church Fasted? You dont think Paul fasted? even though the scriptures mention people doing so?

If you are to proud to humble yourself, to fast, for yourself, for people, thats fine, its not a demand, so i think you will be ok. but what is WRONG is to take the words of Jesus to benifit your own opinion.

stop that.

There are people turning from God, doing there own thing, ALLOT of these people are doing so while still praisng Jesus with there mouth. They worship him in vain. With there lips they do praise but their hearts are far from him.

We MUST MUST MUST Abide in Christ. Abideing in christ is not just beleiving in, or on him, its a concious effort to constantly humble yourself, and PUT yourself INTO Jesus,

You MUST constantly hmble yourself. and to do that, PRayer, CONSTANT Ceasless prayer is a MUST, but also so is Fasting.

God gives grace to the humble, He WILL lift you up, higher then ever, if YOU lower yourself. Be defaced. Be a scourge before the ALmughty God, this is not party time. this is warrior time. this is battle time. and since our battles ARE NOT of flesh and blood...then GET ON YOUR KNEES, and ignore your fleshly cravings.

Fasting does nto HAVE to be for days, or weeks(though it can be) I also dont think it technicaly HAS to be food, though that is the thing that would truly humble a person.

Do you do something that you do EVERYDAY, aside from Eating? and does that thing have nothing to do with health(like bathing, hygeine, using the bathroom) then Stop it. Stop it for a week, and instead of doing it, sit before the LORD almighty, and pray, or just sit in his resence, Tell him YOU want to sepdn time with him, and sit before him. We Worship a God who WANTS to, desires to sepnd time with us, adn yet we still ignore him. Is that not pride? To say we have a gift that keeps us, so we dont have to do anything?

Go before your master adn apologise for ignoring him. Seek him. Seek him.

He IS waitnig for you to do so, be at his feet.

Its not a party, its a mission. Will we NOT have happy times? no of course we will, But this is NOT a party!! Cry out for God to have mercy on the peopl who are perishing. for him to move, and be made known in the lives, and heart of people. Ask him to humble them, and take the pride from them, and from yourself. We should be always actively wanting God to perfect us. He IS, and we should be wanting it, longing for it.

And FASTING has allot to do with it. Giving up of yourself. IT IS about physical death. Thats what fasting is a picture of, dying to the physical. Dead men dont eat.

Dont NOT eat of its going to make you sick, that would be consiously makeing yourself harm your temple... but we need to be taking AWAYA From our flesh, CRUCIFY it in to the death of the lamb, OUR life needs to become HIs death.

We are becoming conformed to the likness of Christ, as we surrender. and we need to CONSTANTLY , DAILY surrendering to him.

This is something he has been showing me. Its not playtime anymore this is serious buisness.

People are dying with out him, and YES we need to spread the gospel, but we need to be intersessors. We need to pray and humble ourselves. Its time to DIE. Completely. DIE.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Timotheos Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:49 am

Kingdom seeker, you have a good point.
I make it clear to everyone that they can also join in on this party. Do you get a lot of people coming to asking to join up with your cry-fest? A lot of lost people say "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun". I think that attitude is completely wrong. The bible says the wages of sin is death. That's not much of a party, it's a funeral. The sinners can cry at the funeral and that's all. But us! We get to live, after we die we get to live again when Jesus resurrects us. They can too. My invitation for them to come to Jesus' Party is always open. I'm always asking my father to go to them and bring them in too, just like He did for me.

Have you read the story of the prodigal son? Who was prideful, the son who came to his father's party or the son who refused to even come in the house? Lose your pride, quit your moping, and come and join His Party.
Timotheos
Timotheos

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Wow Kingdom, does someone need a hug?

(Rom 14:17) For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Ahaaaaaa!.....fascinating insight there Son. Thanks so much for that.

Where ya been??

Me and Zone thought you got bundled into the back of a blacked out van and renditioned over to the Jerusalem supreme court for ritualised occult sacrifice in the white washed tombs!

.....glad that didnt happen!

Do Christians Need to Fast? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlyLNqzpFp4sRigMNcvKB5DqQOHE_efsNWAkp4tZ_UTqdbj01DIMfPdCc

Hiya Doc Smile and Zone and Tim and everyone. LOL, ye, not quite as wonderful as that, though it is sure coming hehe. Oh to die for the Name of Jesus at the hand of the antichrist jews! I can't wait.

Yeah, most people don't recogonize that Jesus quite specifically intended for His followers to gather in that upper room for His promised return. But they did, (once they quit staring up into heaven lol) and then He came in to them as promised, as they "sat a widow" waiting to receive their Husband in Marriage come upon them. Jesus Came as the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. They/we never fast with our Husband who is with us. We don't mourn as those without hope. We don't "fast" by not eating, for He is our bread and wine, meat and drink indeed.

The true fast, is my fast, I am immersed totally in this fast and rejoice always, giving thanks always. In Joy always. I feel so sorry for those who are "fasting" without Christ.

This is the only true fast, as I've shown earlier;

(Isa 58:6) Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

(Isa 58:7) Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

(Isa 58:10) And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:

(Isa 58:11) And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

(Isa 58:12) And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

(Isa 58:13) If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

(Isa 58:14) Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Timotheos wrote:Kingdom seeker, you have a good point.
I make it clear to everyone that they can also join in on this party. Do you get a lot of people coming to asking to join up with your cry-fest? A lot of lost people say "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun". I think that attitude is completely wrong. The bible says the wages of sin is death. That's not much of a party, it's a funeral. The sinners can cry at the funeral and that's all. But us! We get to live, after we die we get to live again when Jesus resurrects us. They can too. My invitation for them to come to Jesus' Party is always open. I'm always asking my father to go to them and bring them in too, just like He did for me.

Have you read the story of the prodigal son? Who was prideful, the son who came to his father's party or the son who refused to even come in the house? Lose your pride, quit your moping, and come and join His Party.

First of all that parable was to the Jews, about the gentiles. The gentiles are the prodigal Son, the Jews are the proud son. Yes its also about sinners in general. but it was FOR the Jews. as a picture of whats happening..some got it, some didnt. SOme Got it and that hardened there hearts. the "party" is Jesus. who the father threw for the "prodigal son" gentiles(sinners) the Proud son who had been with the Father(Jews)...did not go to the party(Jesus) and did not think that the gentiles deserved any redemption...see the picture? The party is redmeption. The party is NOT this life.

But Jesus STILL says that if you love your life, then you cant be with him. if you dont deny you, and die. YOu CANT follow him

this life is not about living Tim. it IS about dying. SO the Spirit of Jesus can come alive in you. You can refuse to die if you want. but when this age is over, and your standing before the master and he asks why you never died. Why you never actively sought him, why you never humbled yourself. why you never begged for his mercy on the people who are dying in their sin, and suffering. what will you say? Jesus was a Man of Sorrows. And we are called to BE him, conformed to his immage, and likness. If we arent daily dying. if we arent craving to be meek like him, more and more everyday. desiring to be low, and a servant, and lowly, and humble, and never being satisfied with the flesh what so ever, then we arent doing what we should.

Again, YES, the glory and majesty, and POWER of the holy spirit IS a joyus power. The fact that JEsus died for US adn wants US to be with him, is SOOOO amazing!! However, HE wants you to WANT to be out of your wants and desires. again i will repeat Life is not a party. The Bride(us) has NOT been married to the Bridegroom yet. we are in the bridechambers, awaiting the marriage, and the consamation of the marriage, is when Jesus comes back and we are in a twinkling, Changed into his likeness. This life is the refining process, this life is the "purgatory" of sorts, we are being chastised and refined HERE, and we are being humbled HERE, and we should seek to be hu,mbled HERE, and we shold constatnly with out end be seeking to be MORE holy, and LESS Fleshly. This Life IS NOT ABOUT US. the After Life is about Us, But the only way to get to the after life(which is the TRUE life) is to DIE. Its not a Joke, its not a game. its Serious buisness, and we need to be serious with our Lord, other wise HE WILL say to us go away, i never knew you. if we arent actively dying to ourselves, adn actively seeking MORE and MORE of HIS Spirit in us, then we are not where we should be.

That said, Fasting IS important. You will be called to fast one day. you will be SOOO hungry for the Spirit. You WILL feel Jesus starved. He IS the bread of life, that we can EAT FREELY DAILY! Its not a once thing, you dont take one bite and then thats it...you keep eating....he is spiritual sustinance. The Table of the Lord is spiritual. the Comunion with God is in Prayer, and seeking him. Going to HIS table in prayer and Eating HIS flesh, drinking HIS blood. Fasting to the flesh, is so we can eat of the spririt. You NOT eating of the spirit like you are CALLED to , when you are constantly giving into the lusts of the flesh(doesnt JUST mean Sexual lusts)

Its just really important. Its crucial to a child of God, a follower of Jesus, that we are constantly seeking him, and dying. Dying is crucial.

I just care for my fellow Brothers and sisters. Its important to stop feeding flesh, and feed the spirit. We need to STOP valuing our lives. and value HIM.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm married to the Bridegroom Smile

I am married to Him raised from the dead.

(Rom 7:4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The Wife is Heavenly Jerusalem, who we are;

(Heb 12:22) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Christ's marriage to Her (us) brings forth "fruit"! (children of God)

(Gal 4:26) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

If Jesus isn't married to Her and Fathering Her Children of God, we have a BIG BIG theological void of understanding. She must be having relations with someone other than Jesus then, if we are HER Children, but not HIS! LOL, so then, WHO is our Father if it isn't the Lord of Life Himself, Jesus the Christ!?

Christ's COMING, IS INTO US! AS A HUSBAND TO HIS WIFE! IN THE MARRIAGE CHAMBER! It is the ONLY means as to how Jesus explained His Coming to His disciples; It is WHY we don't fast or mourn.

(Joh 16:19) Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?(Joh 16:21) A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

(Joh 16:22) And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Jesus has lifted my veil from upon my eyes, as a husband does His Bride;

(2Co 3:16) Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
(2Co 3:17) Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
(2Co 3:18) But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The greek literally is stating "But when SHE turns her face upwards to Her husband, He takes the vail away.

Because He's taken that vail away, I see His face;

(2Co 4:6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The New Covenant in Christ's Blood, is a MARRIAGE COVENANT. Just as was the first marriage covenant at Sinai.

It is NOT barren as the old covenant. As Sarah was. As Rebecca was. It is "fruitful". We are the Sons and Daughters of God resulting from becoming married to Him as prophecied was to happen as Hosea saw it also;

(Hos 2:14) Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.

(Hos 2:16) And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi (HUSBAND); and shalt call me no more Baali (LORD).

(Hos 2:18) And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

(Hos 2:19) And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

(Hos 2:20) I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

(Hos 2:21) And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;

All fulfilled when we Marry Christ and bring forth Christ in us, the Son of God !! Praising Jesus!!
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:13 am

Dear Kingdom seeker. You are preaching to the choir here, I thought you should know Smile Nobody here is saying "party to this carnal life". Why would you assume that and then launch into rebuking something nobody said??

I read quite plainly that their rejoicing (or party) is in the Lord. Why didn't you see that also? Who is "feeding their flesh" that you are putting down??
We all here are feeding the Spirit with the Spiritual food of Christ's body and blood. Why drag the silly idea of "fasting" by not eating dinner into it? There is nothing of that in the N.T. Didn't you read my post? It was 100% thorough. There is no doubt of what the true fast is, and we in Christ FAST in the true FAST. It has NOTHING to do with not eating food. That is plain as can be.

I know these folks of whom you make such statements as you do above. They have imbedded the things of denying self and rejoicing in Christ, deep into their souls. They is no question whatsoever that they long deeply for the Holy Spirit, refreshed more and more every moment of every day as they eat the Word of God up.

I would no more think to tell them the things that you do, than to tell them that 2 + 2 = 4. They all know it. You are saying nothing new.

But they want you to know something also. For you to suggest that they can desire more of Jesus than they do now, by "fasting", is a foreign gospel that is NOT of God. How do you know that they can "desire God more by not eating food"? That is quite presumptuous in my opinion.

Do you think God is limited in affecting our lives by the food we eat?? Isn't that Phariseeism?? Best be very very careful preaching that odd doctrine.

If you are not Married to Christ yet, then it makes sense that you are grasping at even carnal acts (such as refraining from meat and drink) to give you "something more". But make no mistake. You can NOT power play God into your life by doing anything other than the only two rites He left us with, of baptism and communion in repentance, faith and love.

Be notified;

(Isa 28:12) To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

(Mat 11:28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

(Act 3:19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

(Isa 58:6) Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

(Mat 6:16) Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
(Mat 6:17) But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;(Mat 6:18) That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

NOT MAN'S FAST. But the Lord's Fast... of Isa 58:6...

See the difference? It is a spiritual "fast". Just as is the "rest" or the "yoke of bondage broken" or "forgiven"...

Something for you to pray about I think Smile
Blessings dear one.
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:55 am

For you to suggest that they can desire more of Jesus than they do now, by "fasting", is a foreign gospel that is NOT of God.

No, i never said you can desire more of Jesus BY fasting.

I said Fasting humbles you. But prayer more so.

Desire more of Jesus? if thats the case, if you DO desire more of Jesus, you pray. With out ceasing every thing you do would be in prayer. its somethign that you mus LEARN to do...it doesnt come naturaly, how do you learn? The Spirit teaches you. How? In prayer, when you humble yourself...and THEN I said that fasting is an important and quick way to humble the flesh into submission into the spirit(not in those words exactly did i say it, but that IS what i said) I also said that fasting does not technicaly HAVE to be food, but it should be at times.

Also:
Romans actually quite plainly says that we should marry(meld with) each other. to become in one accord the actually body of the head that is Christ Jesus. Can we do that be sitting around twiddling our thumbs.

And MAtthew 6, Jesus says WHEN you fast(he expects you to) DOnt do it as the hypocrite who makes it apparent to everyone that they are fasting.

And the choir needs to hear certain things from time to time. I speak as i feel called to. When Jesus moves me to say somthing, i do.

I dont live to make you happy my friend, though i love you, I live to please and obey my Master, and as i feel he tells me things to say, or read and then post, i listen and obey.

He puts things on my heart. And i post them. I dont mean to "preach" to anyone...but again...i felt that that needed to be read by people here.

Its crucial. Forget about fasting Food for now, and fast your time. Make your time HIS. in prayer, and constant wanting to be in his presence.

God bless my Brother. This is NOT a condemnation, I do not think i am better than anyone.
However, as "Morbid" and whatever you want to call it. It IS time to fully Die. NOthing of Life should be yours...

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:39 am

Dear Kingdom,

I've read a lot of posts here, yours today for the first time. I know a number of folk here also. Not you though. How do you do? Smile

I just have to ask... who, in your humble opinion, has the Lord directed you to address here on this forum?

Who is it here, whom the Lord has directed you to give lessons to, or is in need of your preaching to "pray and be humble and to fast"?

Also, to whom here are you in anyway possibly an elder to, in either age or in matters of Spiritual understanding?

Just curious. No one here that I know of, since I know them. But I'm interested who you think needs you, since you said God directed you to preach "to some here" the things He's put on your heart .

Finally, do you fast like this where they didn't eat food?

Or do you fast like this as Christ and His disciples, like Doc, Tim, Zone and myself...

(Isa 58:7) Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Which one do YOU do Kingdom seeker?

PS, By the way, None of us here glory in the world, or in life of this world. For ALL things are ours. Even this life that Jesus bought is ours, for He has given us life more abundantly in which we rejoice. Even forever. All things are ours. But all of us only glory in Christ.

(1Co 3:21) Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

(1Co 3:22) Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

(1Co 3:23) And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:22 am

Son of Israel wrote:Dear Kingdom,

I've read a lot of posts here, yours today for the first time. I know a number of folk here also. Not you though. How do you do? Smile
Hi Brother, Nice to meet you Smile I do well actually, and you?

I just have to ask... who, in your humble opinion, has the Lord directed you to address here on this forum? Everyone Smile its somthing that is not preached. Its something that God has put HEAVY on my soul, he wants me to spread it around. I dont argue with God. well, actually thats a lie...i do somtimes argue with God...but i have now STOPED arguing with God.

Who is it here, whom the Lord has directed you to give lessons to, or is in need of your preaching to "pray and be humble and to fast"? See Above.

Also, to whom here are you in anyway possibly an elder to, in either age or in matters of Spiritual understanding? Im not sure if i understand your question brother. Whom am I an elder to? No one S.O.I.
I dont see what that has to do with anything. I have not rebuked anyone directly, in fact i havent rebuked anyone. Just trying to bring to light the importance of death. as well as the importance of Living in the spirit, you DONT live in the spirit Just becasue you have the holy spirit. You dont. But either way, I dont see what being an elder or a younger has to do with anything. I also dont see what spiritual understanding has to do with age? If I have been Proud in any respect please point it out to me, for that is not my intention, and will appologise.

Just curious. No one here that I know of, since I know them. But I'm interested who you think needs you, since you said God directed you to preach "to some here" the things He's put on your heart . Again, I think everyone needs to hear it, myself included, its not something that is taken easily, but it is truth, i would not be saying it if it wasnt.

Finally, do you fast like this where they didn't eat food?

Or do you fast like this as Christ and His disciples, like Doc, Tim, Zone and myself...

Which one do YOU do Kingdom seeker? Me? Well I dont do much my brother. I dont fast food much, i have, i beleive i shall again as i feel further called to do so. But like i have said, fasting doesnt technicaly have to be food. And that passage of Isaiah was to Self righteous Jews, who fasted, and starved themsleves,to appear righteous, but kept things from the poor and hungry fellow Jews, becasue they considered them Filled with sin and disgusting. Its not technically written to YOU, or Me.

PS, By the way, None of us here glory in the world, or in life of this world. Brother we ALL glory in the world(me included) But its time to really get on ending our lives. For ALL things are ours. Even this life that Jesus bought is ours, for He has given us life more abundantly in which we rejoice. Even forever. All things are ours. But all of us only glory in Christ.

(1Co 3:21) Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

(1Co 3:22) Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

(1Co 3:23) And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." John 12:25

Sigh. Well I said my peace. I said what i felt called to say. I posted what i felt called to post. It will be absorbed and then well, who knows! For what purposed did God tell me to say this? I dunno...But its said. I mentioned fasting in one post(once...God told me to...)and it spawned a whole -nother thread...kinda cool how God works. Maybe God wanted me to say what i said for ME, and not anyone else, maybe my understanding of Why God wanted me to post is not what it should be, maybe what i did and continued to was for me, and not anyone else...but as far as im concerned it was for ME AND others.

So thats it. You guys can continue to do what ever concerning this fasting, or praying. What i said wasnt a command, at least not from me. Its something that God wanted me to say, other places as well.

So I did not mean to judge anyone. Just speak what i was told to. again for what reason is left to be found out.

Jesus bless you S.O.I and i hope to get to know you a bit better brother, God speed.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:37 am

I mentioned fasting in one post(once...God told me to...)and it spawned a whole -nother thread...kinda cool how God works. Maybe God wanted me to say what i said for ME, and not anyone else, maybe my understanding of Why God wanted me to post is not what it should be, maybe what i did and continued to was for me, and not anyone else...but as far as im concerned it was for ME AND others.
Maybe it was for you to realise that actual fasting from food is unnecessary in Christian life?

Who knows.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:31 pm

enough now please.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Adstar Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Well i have been sitting here on the sidelines
reading this thread. I have never been overly convicted about fasting (food
fasting). I did try a 48 hour fast and it made me feel good. Then i tried a 72
hour fast and i regret it much. All it did was make me feel terrible and lower
my metabolism so that from that day on i struggled with weight gain because my
body had been put into starvation mode.

Anyway enough of my own experiences. I would like you all to go into more
detail about the spiritual fast. How do you afflict your soul. How do you go
about it in your lives?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next