Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael the Archangel... Ever wondered who Michael was?

4 posters

Go down

Michael the Archangel... Ever wondered who Michael was? Empty Michael the Archangel... Ever wondered who Michael was?

Post by Son of Israel Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:24 am

I had to find out! So here we go...

(Jud 1:9) Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Michael seems to be an important individual in heaven.

He is the Archangel which means the chief of the angels. The significance of the name “Michael” gives us an important meaning as well, it means: (one) who is like God. The lexicons describes Michael as the "chief", or the "first" archangel who is the one who stands in time of conflict for the children of Israel. In the new Testament, Michael is described as: the first of the chief princes or archangels who is supposed to be the guardian angel of the Israelites.

It is without a doubt that the significance of this Angel Michael is in the “Name” Michael. Also, we know that the terms "chief" or "first" or "prince" are very specific terms to describe only one possible being.

Following are the Bible texts that mention this name "Michael".

Dan 10:
12. Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
13. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia .
14. Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia : and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come. But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince. Daniel 10: 20-21

In Daniel we find that Michael is one of the chief princes and that He is our prince. Royalty is promised of the line of Judah . That would mean Michael is in line for the Throne promise. We also find Him working behind the scenes with Gabriel to ensure that God's will for the “nations” actually occurs, (the “Joseph” part of the promise).

1. And “at that time” shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. Daniel 12:1-3

Now we see Michael who is called “the great prince”, standing up, (resurrection) and when he does a time of trouble starts and God's people are delivered.
Why is it that God's people are delivered when Michael stands up? Why not God or Jesus? And why is Michael described as standing for the children of thy people? Knowing who Michael is, will answer these questions.

9. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. Jude 1:9
In Jude we see Michael confronting Satan concerning the “body of Moses”. For such direct confrontations why is an angel being used to confront Satan which is also supposed to be an angel? Why shouldn't God or Jesus be doing these important confrontations, whatever it might have been? This can be a difficult text to unlock unless the key is fully understood.

7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8. And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. Revelation 12:7-12

Finally in the book of Revelation we see a war in heaven. The opposing sides are described as Michael and his angels against the dragon which we read as Satan and his angels. The war in heaven is very important, is it not? If Michael isn't Christ, why isn't God taking part in this war? Why are the angels described as being Michael's angels and not God's or Christ's angels?
Who is Michael anyway?
Michael is the archangel, the chief of the angels. He is described as one of the chief princes and our prince. When He "stands up", things happen. He is described as standing for the children of thy people. So when He stands there is a time of trouble that results in God's people being delivered, every one who's name is found written in the book. He contends directly against Satan and the angels in heaven are described as being Michael's angels.

Is it possible that Michael could really contain more meaning than just being “an angel”?

Is there a reason we can’t see Michael as the theophany of Christ just as Melchisedek was the theophany of Christ?

Let's start looking at the evidence. In the Bible, Michael is described as the highest of the angels and identifies him as the angel of Yahweh which is often mentioned in the Old Testament as a divine being.

We need to understand what the Bible says, that Jesus is the “Christ” just as the God of the O.T. is always the “Christ”. The Spirit of Christ is eternal. IN the gospel we know that Jesus became the Christ when He was “Christed” (Annointed by the eternal Spirit of God) at His baptism.
Also Christ said He was God several times. The Husband, the Redeemer, the Saviour, the Father etc. The Jews understood Him clearly and they picked up stones to stone Jesus for showing Himself in these things!

Jesus also accepted worship when He was on earth! Even the angels in Heaven did not do this.
In the last book of the Bible, John was stopped from worshiping an angel who was in front of him: And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. (Revelation 19:10)
Yet many times, Jesus accepted the worship of those around Him.

The Ten Commandment specifically says: You shall have no other gods before Me. Exodus 20:3. It also says: You shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God Exodus 20:5 (first part). Now, if Jesus was not the Christ of God, He would be causing others to sin as well by not stopping this worship of His self. Jesus would be an enemy of God.
Satan is the one who wants to be worshiped as if he were God. That makes Satan the enemy of God, because Satan wants to take God's glory for himself! (Which is PURELY a natural sinful trait of MAN, as evidenced over and over without end in our Bible).

So, any idea that Jesus is not God cannot be true! We know that Jesus is God, our Father, the Spirit that Births us into Life everlasting. That is why He accepts worship. The angels in Heaven certainly do not accept worship at all.
I believe that Jesus came to die for our sins and that we are saved through His Blood. These are the very central pillars of our Christian Faith!

So, getting back to Michael…
It is quite evident to me that the Spirit of God, in His focused saving interceding actions on the earth on behalf of Israel , is synonymous with what we read of the occurrences of Michael in our Scriptures.

The word angel merely means “messenger”. Archangel merely means top angel. So many times in the old testament, The Angel of the Lord comes, yet when we read the text a little closer, we see that it is God!
Could this be the Spirit of God we understand as Christ? Ministering salvation to His Covenanted people?

In trying to make sense of all these texts we read, it will become evident that when the word “angel” is used in scripture, that it does not by default refer to mean the created race of immortal beings that we know to be called “Angels”. Oft times the English word “angels” is men who are messengers of the covenant. That is, after all, how God spreads His Covenant message, by men who are “angels”. It will become imperative in our search for truth, to become distinguish between those passages in scripture, if we desire to see the true message He wants us to comprehend.

In the same manner of course, we will see that the terms devil, satan or 'his' messengers, are likewise MEN who rebel against the Lord or God, who is desiring to save them from their Fallen Sinful mortality of their father Adam.

Please consider:

Is it possible that Michael then, is God’s manner of putting His very powerful “Self” into the specific message of deliverance to His people?
Is it not possible that God, as the most Powerful High Authority of that which is being spoken about is representing His Spirit through a person as "Michael"?
Could “Michael” (One as God) be the Eternal Christ? (THE One as God).
Could Michael be the "Spirit of God" in His ultimate concern in manifesting His Timeless self through the High Priest of Israel, either past, or Present?
Could the name of God as “I AM” revealed into and through a man (as Moses or Joshua/Jesus) carry the weight that would appropriately be revealed to us as “Michael”?

The only possible answer in any of this in the Spirit of Truth, is YES.

The fact is, many Bible scholars, such as Charles Spurgeon and Matthew Henry, actually identify Michael as being Christ. In the New Testament Michael is easily identified as being Jesus, when a few texts are compared as follows:

13. But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

In Thessalonians we see that the Lord is descending from heaven and He is shouting with the voice of the archangel. Most people seem to think that it is the archangel that is shouting and not Christ. Actually there are two possible meanings to the text:
(1) the archangel could be shouting on behalf of Jesus; or
(2) Jesus could be doing the shouting Himself and he is using the voice of an archangel because He IS the Archangel .
Some might think there is a third possibility, that actually two voices are sounding; Both Jesus and the archangel. however, if we look at verse 16 (in the Greens Literal translation http://www.litvonline.com/) we will see that this is not an option.

16. Because the Lord Himself shall come down from Heaven with a commanding shout of an archangel's voice, and with God's trumpet. And the dead in Christ will rise again first. Thessalonians 4:16

Now lets see what Christ said when He was on Earth.

25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27. And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:25-29

If we compare the two Bible texts above (1 Thessalonians 4:16 and John 5:25,28) we see that Michael is Christ.

We saw that there were two possible meanings to: "the Lord Himself shall come down from Heaven with a commanding shout of an archangel's voice" 1 thess 4:16
(1) the archangel could be shouting on behalf of Christ; or
(2) Christ could be doing the shouting Himself and he is using the voice of an archangel because He IS the Archangel .

Which one is it?

John 5:25,28 solves the problem: "the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God".
So in 1 thess, it is the archangel's voice, but in John 5, it is the voice of the Son of God!
One cannot be wrong and the other right.
Michael the Archangel is Christ!
Now that we know that it is Christ Himself who is doing the shouting, we can read 1 Thess. 4:16 with new eyes.
What 1 Thess. 4:16 is really saying, is that Christ descends from heaven shouting with the voice of the Archangel . This comparison shows that the Archangel really is Christ.
Also, in both Thessalonians and John we see that the voice causes the resurrection of life. The dead in Christ will rise when they hear His voice! This is the same event and Jesus and Michael are one and the same.

Now, let's look in the Old Testament for some more evidence. In the book of Joshua, we see that Joshua also saw Michael the Archangel :
13. And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho , that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
14. And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
15. And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so. Joshua 5:13-15

This account in the book of Joshua is very interesting because we can now "nail down" who Joshua saw. Joshua met the captain of the Lord's host and we find that it is God. Joshua worshiped Him, and He did not stop Joshua in his worship.

This is significant.

In Revelation, when John tried to worship an angel, the angel told him not to do that: "And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." (Revelation 19:10) We are only to worship God!

So we see that what the Man Joshua saw, was God Himself, or, the “Christ” (Spirit of God). Joshua is told that this ground is holy, take off your shoes. He is in the presence of God. Also, we see that this Being accepted the worship and the reverence that Joshua gave Him.

Angels will not accept worship.

When John tried to give honor to an angel, the angel stopped him:
We also see that Jesus accepted worship when He was on earth! Many times, Jesus accepted the worship of the people around Him.
In Revelation we find that it is Michael who leads the angel forces of heaven. Later you will see that in much of the Old Testament, this Being is identified as the angel of the Lord, but to Joshua, He identifies Himself as the captain of the Lord's Host! Who is that? Who is the captain of the Lord's Host?

It is Michael.

In Revelation 12:7 we saw that Michael led the angel forces in Heaven;

7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, Revelation 12:7-12
Now we find that the angels in Heaven are Michael's angels and that Michael leads His angels in battle against Satan! So, we can see that Michael is the Captain of the angels. He is their leader.

Putting Joshua 5 and Revelation 12 together, we see that Joshua saw a man who identified Himself as the Captain of the host of the Lord. That man is Michael, who is also God. Also we must remember the meaning of Archangel . Archangel means the chief of the angels. This does not mean that Michael is an "angel", but that He is the Leader of the Angels in Heaven!

Now, in Revelation 19, we see that the leader of the armies of heaven, the leader of angels of heaven, is also called by a different name.

11. Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
12. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.
13. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Revelation 19:11-14

We now see in verse 13 that it is The Word of God who leads the armies of heaven!
From John 1:1 we read: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word of God is Christ! Also, there are many other hints that tell us that this is Christ. For instance, "Faithful and True" (see Revelation 3:14) and "robe dipped in blood" both say that this is indeed Jesus. Jesus Himself is the one who leads the armies of Heaven to judge and make war against Satan!
Everything we saw in the gospels is describing this war, when the Pharisees declared war on Jesus.

Following on in verses 19 and 20 we see that the armies of heaven is indeed His army. (His followers)
19. And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.
20. Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 19:19-20 Satan’s armies battle against Christ and His army in that great battle for men’s souls. This has been going on since Michael “stood for the people”, (when Christ was resurrected).

It is in our battle against the desires of our flesh, by the Holy Spirit of Christ in us, where our Faithfulness to our “One As God” overcomes the enemy of our own selves. This is when and where Satan is utterly defeated by our being baptized by fire, the purifying Holy Spirit of Christ Resurrected in us.

So, In Joshua 5 and Revelation 12 we saw that Michael is the chief of the angels. He is the leader of the armies of angels in heaven. But in Revelation 19 we see that it is Christ Himself who leads the armies of heaven against Satan and his armies.

Before, we saw that "the Lord Himself shall come down from Heaven with a commanding shout of an archangel's voice" 1 thessalonians 4:16 but we also saw that "the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God" John 5:25..

This all shows that Michael must be Jesus and that He is the Christ. Jesus is Michael the Archangel , the chief of the angels, and the captain of the host of the Lord. He is the one who leads the angels (messengers of the gospel) to victory! Because they overcome by the blood of the Lamb.

Now, since we know without a doubt that Michael is Christ, we can see the path clearer to discern who the enemy of Christ really is who warred against Him, and still are.

Blessings in our Lord Jesus, The Christ!
Bruce
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Michael the Archangel... Ever wondered who Michael was? Empty Re: Michael the Archangel... Ever wondered who Michael was?

Post by strangelove Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 am

I saw someone else teaching this on another forum, I didnt have any problem with it then and dont now either.

Gill notes:

with the voice of the archangel; so Michael is called, in Jud_1:9 with which compare Rev_12:7 and who perhaps is no other than Christ himself, who is the head of all principality and power; and the sense be, that Christ shall descend from heaven with a voice, or shall then utter such a voice, as will show him to be the archangel; or as the Syriac version renders it, "the head", or "prince of angels"; and which whether, it will be an articulate voice, such as was expressed at the grave of Lazarus; or a violent clap of thunder, which is the voice of God; or the exertion of the power of Christ, is not certain:
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Michael the Archangel... Ever wondered who Michael was? Empty Re: Michael the Archangel... Ever wondered who Michael was?

Post by Adstar Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Well calling Jesus an angel makes Him part of Gods creation.

And is a Denial of the divinity of Jesus.

I saw this preached on another forum and had a lot of problems with it.

Mormons believe Jesus and satan are both angels, spirit brothers. And i think the Jehovah Witnesses teach the same thing.

Colossians 2
18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Revelation 22
8 Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.
9 Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Adstar wrote:Well calling Jesus an angel makes Him part of Gods creation.

And is a Denial of the divinity of Jesus.

I saw this preached on another forum and had a lot of problems with it.

Mormons believe Jesus and satan are both angels, spirit brothers. And i think the Jehovah Witnesses teach the same thing.

Colossians 2
18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Revelation 22
8 Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.
9 Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Hi adstar.

The word "angel" only means "messenger" and the word has nothing to do with being forced to mean a "created being". That is bad theology formed from a denominational posturing against the erroneous teachings of other denominations. But I don't know why a Bible exegetic would think that so I can't reply to that. Neither did I "call Jesus an angel". Why would I? I am just lifting meaning of "what is" out of scripture. But anyone who preaches the "message of the gospel" is an "angelos" quite definetly. For it only means "messenger", whether it is Christ Himself, or one of us Born (new creation Katisis) of Him speaking with His voice.
You need to know what the word "creation" means consistently. We have an old creation in scriptures, we have a New Creation.
The New Creation is the greek "Katisis" which is always a "Born from above Sons of God New Creation".
Jesus was born from above.
We are born from above in Him.
The NEW Creation. The New Heavens and Earth. The New Creation is a Birthing. The old is not, but a simple fashioning of things made by God on a physical plane.
Does that help? We can parse it out in the Greek if you like.
Neither did what I post have anything to do with what mormons or j dubs teach. Neither did I deny Jesus divinity, He is my Lord and my God, I know no other than Him.
You quite obviously didn't read my post.
If so, you would see my praise of the Ancient of Days.
Please read.
Blessings in Christ

Last edited by Son of Israel on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check can't handle it)
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:36 am

"Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him. Exodus 23:20-21

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see,God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; Exodus 3:2-7

Also: Zechariah 3:1-5
"The LORD said to Satan, “The LORD rebuke you, Satan!

and Jude 1:9.
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Also, the name alone Michael:"who is like God"

However, i think somthing is missing.

I agree that "angles" just mean messengers. And NO They DONT have wings according to the scritputres.

That being Said, I had considered this, and i dont deny that THAT is how it looks, and seems...But its tricky, becasue i dont want to call Jesus, anything he is not.

There just seems to be somethign wrong with calling Micahel Jesus. maybe im just to cautious.

ether way S.O.I, good post. and nice compilation of Scripture.

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:05 am

KingdomSeeker wrote:"Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him. Exodus 23:20-21

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see,God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; Exodus 3:2-7

Also: Zechariah 3:1-5
"The LORD said to Satan, “The LORD rebuke you, Satan!

and Jude 1:9.
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Also, the name alone Michael:"who is like God"

However, i think somthing is missing.

I agree that "angles" just mean messengers. And NO They DONT have wings according to the scritputres.

That being Said, I had considered this, and i dont deny that THAT is how it looks, and seems...But its tricky, becasue i dont want to call Jesus, anything he is not.

There just seems to be somethign wrong with calling Micahel Jesus. maybe im just to cautious.

ether way S.O.I, good post. and nice compilation of Scripture.

Hi Kingdom, thanks. You have no need of worry. You can't offend Jesus by referring to Him as "One as God", which is the Name "Michael". The One who receives worship. The One who is the captain of the Host of the Lords army. The One who comes with a shout in the voice of the Chief of messengers... you can do nothing but praise His Name in knowing these things Smile For He is For us!
Praise Jesus!
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Hey Son,

Question: In Daniel 10, the glorious man appears to daniel Isnt the Glorious appearence of this Man, isnt this Jesus?
Daniel 10

Daniel’s Terrifying Vision of a Man

1 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a word was revealed to Daniel, who was named Belteshazzar. And the word was true, and it was a great conflict. And he understood the word and had understanding of the vision.
2In those days I, Daniel, was mourning for three weeks. 3I ate no delicacies, no meat or wine entered my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, for the full three weeks. 4On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standing on the bank of the great river ( that is, the Tigris) 5 I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, a man clothed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. 6His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a multitude.

Ok pause here. That description is almost EXACTLY like the description of Jesus in Revelation 1 yes?
"14The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, 15his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters." (Also in Ezekiel a simmilar "man" appears whos voice is ALSO like the sound of many waters)

7And I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, for the men who were with me did not see the vision, but a great trembling fell upon them, and they fled to hide themselves. 8So I was left alone and saw this great vision, and no strength was left in me. My radiant appearance was fearfully changed, and I retained no strength. 9Then I heard the sound of his words, and as I heard the sound of his words, I fell on my face in deep sleep with my face to the ground.
10And behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11And he said to me, "O Daniel, man greatly loved,understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for now I have been sent to you." And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. 12Then he said to me, "Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God,your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words. 13 The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia,

Ok pause again. So this Glorious Man(Jesus?) speaks of Michael comming to help him.
So this man, of which i thought was a Pre-incarnate Jesus, says that Michael is a seperate person. ok continue

14 and came to make you understand what is to happen to your people in the latter days. For the vision is for days yet to come."
15When he had spoken to me according to these words, I turned my face toward the ground and was mute. 16And behold, one in the likeness of the children of man touched my lips. Is this now a different person? or is he still talking about the same origional man?
Then I opened my mouth and spoke. I said to him who stood before me, "O my lord, by reason of the vision pains have come upon me, and I retain no strength. 17How can my lord’s servant talk with my lord? For now no strength remains in me, and no breath is left in me." 18Again one having the appearance of a man touched me and strengthened me. Same Original Man yes?
19And he said, "O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage." And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me." 20Then he said, "Do you know why I have come to you? But now I will return to fight against the prince of Persia; and when I go out, behold, the prince of Greece will come. 21But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth: there is none who contends by my side against these except Michael, your prince.

So This Glorious appearence of one who looks like a man, says that Michael is the only one who contends by his side. So, if Michael is Jesus, then who is talking to Daniel?

Also, This Glorious appearence, calls Michael ONE OF the Chief princes. Is Jesus ONE OF the princes?

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi Kingdom.
As you've seen in the same book, you have a "stone cut out without hands" that does an amazing thing in conquering, then filling the whole earth.
The book and the vision is the prophecy of God visiting His people in a "sanctified/made Holy" sort of way (into the flesh), by being "set apart" in a "Royal" way (King). There is only one person we know in scripture, to whom Royalty/Kingship was promised and that is Jesus resurrected of course.
Royal, meaning that "One as God" (Michael) was going to come of the Judah line of the promised "King" (royal one) who we know now as Jesus.
God was showing Daniel, in His "vision", that it was through this individual by which His Will would be accomplished in the earth. To know that God came in the flesh of one who was of the line of the Kings of Judah is the main thrust of all those scriptures. It is the gospel, from O.T. perspectives looking to the future. It is a Promise.
It is all about seeing God in His intent, fulfilled in the person of "Michael". Our eyes upon Him, eventually witnesses the remarkable process of the conquering of the man of sin of this world.
As we observe the details associated with this "Michael", we see he doesn't fit any of the standard ideas of some menial "angel". He receives our worship, as we worship God. He is King, as of the line of Judah. As we see those main facts, the little details fall into place.
That's how I see it Smile
Blessings!
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 pm

...Well you didnt answer my question really

So this WAS the "Immage of God" That appeared to Daniel?

Isnt the Immage of God Jesus?

So if Jesus, appeared to Daniel, and spoke of Michael in another person...then something is not right, either Michael IS Jesus, the Word, or he is not.

So who was this imamge that appeared to Daniel?

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Israel Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 pm

I'm not sure your question.
Michael is Christ. Or Christ is Michael. That is established.
But Jesus wasn't born yet in Daniels's time so you might be laboring over a hitch in your personal theology perhaps, I don't know. Michael, as "royalty" was destined to become God in the flesh, "Jesus", and so fulfill the shadowy types that the visions forespoke of.
Since Jesus became the Christ at the Jordon, then anything subsequent to that would be Jesus/Christ = Michael of course.
As things "unfold", the mystery is revealed. That's how it works for me anyway.

Blessings
Son of Israel
Son of Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomSeeker Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:18 pm

ok, let me rephrase

"I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, a man clothed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. 6His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a multitude. "

Who is that man clothed in linen?

KingdomSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down