Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Israelism

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

British Israelism - Page 2 Empty Re: British Israelism

Post by strangelove Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 am

"From an ethical point of view: It is a well known fact that Mr. Armstrong did not originate this teaching. In fact, earlier editions of the US & BC plagiarized vast portions of a book entitled, "Judah's Sceptre and Joseph's Birthright." It is not possible to say that this was revealed to Mr. Armstrong, when in fact, we can see where he copied it from -- including the historical errors." … "Now, my opinion is that this is an interesting episode in history that needs to be pursued. And, that is what we are doing, but it will take time. It should not stay at the high level of doctrine until we can find proof. This is especially important if it is to remain the central plank in our view of prophecy."

- Joseph Tkach to WCG regional pastor Mike Swagerty, August 10, 1992
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:04 am

"Let's get serious! Did Herbert restore the truth of the identity of "Israel"? But the British-Israel society restored that truth, and Herbert Armstrong simply borrowed it from them without giving them due credit! Most of his booklet on "The United States and British Commonwealth in Prophecy" was actually copied, word for word, from the book Judah's Scepter and Joseph's Birthright, by J. H. Allen (Destiny Publishers, Merrimac, Mass. 01860, c.1917). The booklet "Was Time Lost?" which bore Herbert's name was actually written years before he became a Sabbath keeper, by a member of the Church of God Seventh Day!”

- William F. Dankenbring, Armstrong splinter group leader of Triumph Ministries
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:20 am

"An exciting, pulsating, vital third of al the Bible is devoted to prophecy. And approximately 90% of all prophecy pertains to our time, now, in this latter half of the 20th century."

- H. Armstrong p3 "United States and British Commonwealth in Prophecy"

(Revelation 1:1) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

(Revelation 1:3) Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

(Revelation 22:6) And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

(Revelation 22:10) And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:34 pm

"Notice the twofold promise [To Abraham]:

1) "I will make of thee A GREAT NATION" - the national, material promise that his flesh-born children should become a great nation - a promise of RACE;

2) ". . . and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed" - the spiritual promise of GRACE. This same promise is repeated in Genesis 22:18: "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be
blessed." This particular "one seed" refers to Christ, as plainly affirmed in Galatians 3:8, 16.

...This is the point where professing "Christians" and their teachers jump
the track of truth. This is the point where they switch off the track that would head them to the missing master key to the prophecies. They miss the fact that God gave Abraham promises of physical RACE as well as spiritual GRACE."

- H. Armstrong p18 "United States and British Commonwealth in Prophecy"

-------------------------------------------

WRONG.

THREE-fold promise to Abraham:

Nation:

(Genesis 12:2) And I will make of thee a great nation....

FULFILLED:

(Genesis 46:3) And he said, I am God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation:

Land:

(Genesis 12:7) And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land....

FULFILLED:

(Joshua 21:43) And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
(Joshua 21:44) And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
(Joshua 21:45) There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Seed:

(Genesis 12:3) And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

(Genesis 22:18) And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

FULFILLED:

(Galatians 3:29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:51 pm

And how much land? In Genesis 17:8, God promised "all the land of Canaan," but in other scriptures He promised much more. In Genesis 15:18: "In the same day the Eternal made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt [the Nile] unto the great river, the river Euphrates."

(Genesis 15:18) In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river [H4480 H5104] of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Heb "Nahar" (Strongs 5104) of 98 uses and never refers to Nile

Heb: "Ye’or" (Strongs 2975) is used 57 times exclusively of the Nile river.

More likely the river/stream here (not GREAT RIVER like that of Euphrates) is the 'Brook of the Nile' called the Wady el 'Arish of modern geography.

British Israelism - Page 2 Brook_of_egypt

More info: http://www.bible.ca/d-3-promises-to-abraham.htm
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:06 pm

Strangelove wrote:And how much land? In Genesis 17:8, God promised "all the land of Canaan," but in other scriptures He promised much more. In Genesis 15:18: "In the same day the Eternal made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt [the Nile] unto the great river, the river Euphrates."

(Genesis 15:18) In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river [H4480 H5104] of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Heb "Nahar" (Strongs 5104) of 98 uses and never refers to Nile

Heb: "Ye’or" (Strongs 2975) is used 57 times exclusively of the Nile river.

More likely the river/stream here (not GREAT RIVER like that of Euphrates) is the 'Brook of the Nile' called the Wady el 'Arish of modern geography.

British Israelism - Page 2 Brook_of_egypt

More info: [url=http://www.bible.ca/d-3-promises-to-abraham.htm
http://www.bible.ca/d-3-promises-to-abraham.htm[/quote[/url]]

right.
but remember also (according to Stephen Sizer, expert on christian zionism) that Solomon DID rule that whole region...in peace and safety.

so, we don't even have to say Joshua fulfilled the Promise. Solomon's empire covered all of what they are trying to retake by violence.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Dont these verses show that God preferred Judah (Jews) over the ten tribes?

Dont Brit-Israelists contend that Ephraim is Great Britian?

(Psa 78:67) Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim:
(Psa 78:68) But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved.

Did God ever change His mind?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:24 pm

(Isa 7:5) Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying,

(Isa 7:6) Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal:

(Isa 7:7) Thus saith the Lord GOD, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.

(Isa 7:8) For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall
Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

Is Ephraim a tribe of Israel or a collection of tribes?

Says here they were broken as a people.

OT scholars?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:34 pm

This stuff also doesnt sound good for Israel. Judah always seems preferred:

(Hos 1:4) And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.
(Hos 1:5) And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.
(Hos 1:6) And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.
(Hos 1:7) But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Unification?

(Hos 1:11) Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:45 pm

(Eze 37:16) Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
(Eze 37:17) And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
(Eze 37:18) And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
(Eze 37:19) Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
(Eze 37:20) And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.
(Eze 37:21) And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
(Eze 37:22) And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Isnt this the return from Babylon?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 pm

This ones for the Jews/non-Christian Brit-Isr who are looking for an earthly king:

(Hos 13:9) O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help.
(Hos 13:10) I will be thy king: where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities? and thy judges of whom thou saidst, Give me a king and princes?
(Hos 13:11) I gave thee a king in mine anger, and took him away in my wrath.

(1Sa 12:19) And all the people said unto Samuel, Pray for thy servants unto the LORD thy God, that we die not: for we have added unto all our sins this evil, to ask us a king.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:13 am

(Eze 21:25) And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

(Eze 21:26) Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

(Eze 21:27) I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

Rejection of Zedekiah as King of Israel.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:31 am

Strangelove wrote:(Eze 37:16) Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
(Eze 37:17) And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
(Eze 37:18) And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
(Eze 37:19) Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
(Eze 37:20) And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.
(Eze 37:21) And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
(Eze 37:22) And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Isnt this the return from Babylon?

yes it is Doc.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Zone....you mentioned something about Islamic persecution on the other thread and then I was doing some more reading on Brit-Isr and I came across this on the watchpair website:

In his expose of the Worldwide Church of God, Joseph Hopkins references similar doctrines of the WCG with a British-Israel twist, eg. the English-speaking nations have been given the birthright of Abraham instead of the Jews; and the true Church, which has returned to its Covenantal roots (aka Hebrew Roots) will rule on Earth (not Heaven).

"'The one central master key to prophecies as a whole is the identity of the United States and the British nations in these prophecies for today!...the so-called 'Lost Ten Tribes' of Israel had migrated to northwestern Europe, the British Isles and later the U.S....our white, English-speaking peoples--not the Jews--have inherited the national and physical phases of [God's covenant] promises!'

"Armstrong believes that only the descendants of Judah are Jews. The sceptre, it is said, will not depart from Judah (Gen. 49:10), but the birthright is Joseph's (I Chron. 5:2). 'This knowledge about the birthright is the pivot of this entire truth which will prove the key to understanding all prophecy...'

"It is Armstrong's belief that no human being ever has gone, or ever will go to heaven. Heaven is reserved for the heavenly Father and his angels. Jesus came down from heaven...he will return to the earth to establish his divine government in Jerusalem, where he will reign throughout eternity...'Abraham will not inherit eternal life until he is brought back at the first resurrection to assist Christ in his millennial reign...Abraham will outrank David, as he is the 'father' of both the Gentile converts and Israelites...Only those who are faithful members of 'God's true Church [i.e., the Worldwide Church of God] will be translated from mortality to immortality at Christ's coming...Those who rebelliously won't keep God's Holy Days now--who sneer at them as 'Jewish,' in scathing contempt, will observe them when Christ returns...'' (The Armstrong Empire, pp. 66, 71, 96, 97)

Both Armstrong and Buzzard predict the resurrection of the patriarch Abraham to rule with Christ. A New World Order under Abraham would naturally include approximately 1 billion Muslims, the descendants of Ishmael, as well as Jews and professing Christians of all varieties -- in a One World Religion.

http://watch.pair.com/brit-empire.html

The deceived Muslims could come into play.

I mean...ya they are gettin pounded in the middle east but we gotta remember the fifth column in every western nation on Earth.

And the ones who get suckered into the Noahides and follow the Vs Christian movie script are gonna be like putty in the hand.

When have gentiles NOT done the dirty work for mamma?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreidel Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Strangelove wrote:The deceived Muslims could come into play.

I mean...ya they are gettin pounded in the middle east but we gotta remember the fifth column in every western nation on Earth.

And the ones who get suckered into the Noahides and follow the Vs Christian movie script are gonna be like putty in the hand.

It's the height of arrogance to believe that Britain and the United States must have a major role in biblical prophecy. Thousands (maybe even hundreds of thousands, or millions) of years could pass, and many nations come and go, before all these things are fulfilled. Every generation since before the time of Jesus has thought itself on the eve of the "end times".

As for Noachianism, are you proposing that it is a deliberate strategy to use freemasonry to guide non-Jews toward observing the seven universal laws? I don't recall devil worship being amongst the Noachian laws. "WORSHIP GOD / NO IDOLATRy" was one of the commandments.

Dreidel

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:09 am

Strangelove wrote:Zone....you mentioned something about Islamic persecution on the other thread and then I was doing some more reading on Brit-Isr and I came across this on the watchpair website:

In his expose of the Worldwide Church of God, Joseph Hopkins references similar doctrines of the WCG with a British-Israel twist, eg. the English-speaking nations have been given the birthright of Abraham instead of the Jews; and the true Church, which has returned to its Covenantal roots (aka Hebrew Roots) will rule on Earth (not Heaven).

"'The one central master key to prophecies as a whole is the identity of the United States and the British nations in these prophecies for today!...the so-called 'Lost Ten Tribes' of Israel had migrated to northwestern Europe, the British Isles and later the U.S....our white, English-speaking peoples--not the Jews--have inherited the national and physical phases of [God's covenant] promises!'

"Armstrong believes that only the descendants of Judah are Jews. The sceptre, it is said, will not depart from Judah (Gen. 49:10), but the birthright is Joseph's (I Chron. 5:2). 'This knowledge about the birthright is the pivot of this entire truth which will prove the key to understanding all prophecy...'

"It is Armstrong's belief that no human being ever has gone, or ever will go to heaven. Heaven is reserved for the heavenly Father and his angels. Jesus came down from heaven...he will return to the earth to establish his divine government in Jerusalem, where he will reign throughout eternity...'Abraham will not inherit eternal life until he is brought back at the first resurrection to assist Christ in his millennial reign...Abraham will outrank David, as he is the 'father' of both the Gentile converts and Israelites...Only those who are faithful members of 'God's true Church [i.e., the Worldwide Church of God] will be translated from mortality to immortality at Christ's coming...Those who rebelliously won't keep God's Holy Days now--who sneer at them as 'Jewish,' in scathing contempt, will observe them when Christ returns...'' (The Armstrong Empire, pp. 66, 71, 96, 97)

Both Armstrong and Buzzard predict the resurrection of the patriarch Abraham to rule with Christ. A New World Order under Abraham would naturally include approximately 1 billion Muslims, the descendants of Ishmael, as well as Jews and professing Christians of all varieties -- in a One World Religion.

http://watch.pair.com/brit-empire.html

The deceived Muslims could come into play.

un-be-lievable.

this is the junk that infiltrated american evangelicalism....hard to really blame any individual believer: these guys work incrementally, and behind the scenes.

what TRASH.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:14 am

Oh hi Dreidel. Bit of a surprise to see you here. Very Happy

Dreidel wrote:It's the height of arrogance to believe that Britain and the United States must have a major role in biblical prophecy. Thousands (maybe even hundreds of thousands, or millions) of years could pass, and many nations come and go, before all these things are fulfilled. Every generation since before the time of Jesus has thought itself on the eve of the "end times".

Yes, it's a way of abusing and twisting scripture for political means. The biblical prophecy is simply a front for dominion expansion. It's a front for the leaders of the movement anyway, the ones who know its a farce. For the deceived ones it may be a genuine theory that they are clinging onto but pretty easily disproven.

Dreidel wrote:
As for Noachianism, are you proposing that it is a deliberate strategy to use freemasonry to guide non-Jews toward observing the seven universal laws? I don't recall devil worship being amongst the Noachian laws. "WORSHIP GOD / NO IDOLATRy" was one of the commandments.

It is a deliberate strategy to use freemasonry to guide Christians toward renouncing Christ as Lord and God. Manipulation of other world religions using these laws will be towards that end.

I dunno what you mean about devil worship. Maybe you need to read through this thread:

The Noahide Laws

Feel free to open a new thread concerning further questions on the Noahides. (thats my research thread Cool )
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Passages on the "Seed" Compared:

"In thee and thy seed shall all families of the earth be blessed."—Gen. 12:3—"all nations"—Gal. 3:8. In Gal. 3:8 the apostle applies that promise to the justification of the Gentiles by faith, when the gospel was preached to them. Then in verse 16 continues: "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ." So the New Testament says that the seed referred to Christ. It is emphasized that it referred to Abraham and his seed, as of one, not seeds, as of many, or in the sense of descendants. And the apostle adds: "And to thy seed, which is Christ." That settles the question as to the seed in that passage.

"In Isaac shall thy seed be called"—Gen. 21:12. In Rom. 9:78 Paul used this quotation to show that the seed mentioned here was a type of Christ. "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, they which are children of the flesh, these are not the children of God." The meaning is, said Paul, that the children of the flesh are not the children of God, and the seed is therefore the spiritual, not the fleshly seed of Abraham at all. It refers to Christ, not the Anglo-Saxon race.

"Thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies"—Gen. 22:17. ~ Now, this is the pivotal passage; so note first that it says "seed"—not part of the seed of Abraham. So it could not refer to the ten tribes, as the Anglo-Israelists assert.. It would have to include all of the twelve tribes, which is fatal to the Israelists. And it does refer to something else

If seed in Gen. 12:3 and Gen. 21:12 meant Christ, why cannot Gen. 22:17 mean Christ?

http://www.seeking4truth.com/British_Israelism.htm
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Passages on "Enemies" Compared:

Let me state the basis for the comparison to quicken interest. The word enemies is used in the sense of adversary. The word gate refers to power over, dominion. The word seed, as shown, had a future reference to Jesus Christ. The promise "thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies" meant that Jesus Christ should conquer and possess dominion over all his foes.

Let us see if a comparison of passages does not bear out this view of the matter.

Peter declared that "Christ" was the "seed" and the Jews in Jerusalem "the children of the covenant" contained in the promise—Acts 3:2526: "Ye are the children of the prophets and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities."

David said that Christ would possess the uttermost parts of the earth—Psa. 2:18: "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying' Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son: this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for shine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession." Paul, quoting this language in Acts 13 :33, applied it to Jesus Christ, and said, "as in the second psalm." Peter, in Acts 4:2526, quoted the passage and applied it to Christ. Read it: "Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ." It is also quoted in Heb. 1:5 and in Heb. 5:5 and applied to Christ.

David again declared that the seed which should be established was Jesus Christ Psa. 89:34, 3537. "I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, thy seed will I establish forever . . . Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure forever and his throne as the sun before me. It shall be established forever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven." The word seed in these verses is called fruit in Acts 2 :29, where Peter quotes these passages and applied them to Jesus Christ, the seed.

David further declares that Christ should conquer his enemies and rule in their midst—Psa. 110:12. "The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies."

David here declared that Christ would thus rule in the midst of his enemies while he is priest after the order of Melchizedek, verse 4, which according to Hebrews 4, 5 and 7 is now.

This psalm is also quoted in Acts 2, by the apostle Peter, as having been fulfilled in Pentecost.

The 110th psalm is also quoted in Heb. 1 :13; Heb. 5:5; and Heb. 10:13; showing that Christ is the seed, that he has made his enemies his footstool, and therefore the seed does "possess the gate of his enemies."

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

British Israelism - Page 2 Empty The Purpose of Prophecy?

Post by strangelove Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:10 pm

(Acts 26:22) Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

(Acts 26:23) That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

What is the purpose of the prophecy of the OT?

To let us know about an earthly kingdom coming?

I think not!
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:47 pm

February 2012

02/28/2012

The Jews of the House of Judah are Welcoming “Ephraim” of the Lost Tribes of Israel to Come Home!

British Israelism - Page 2 6a0120a610bec4970c0167632454a0970b-500wi
Rav Avraham Greenbaum of Azamra Institute
The wheels of the Great Prophetic Movement are streaming closer and closer to the final revealing of the Mélekh HaMaschiah (King Messiah). As the prophetic epic events continue to unfold, more and more revelations will be unfolding before our eyes.

As you, the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, are discovering a new reality that is opening up like a beautiful blossom on a rose bush, so the feelings of intimacy within your hearts towards the Jews of the House of Israel will continue to unfold. This is a divinely guided transformation that is affecting both the Jews and the Lost Israelites alike.

O Ephraim, where are you? - Part 1

If you feel that tugging within your heart, there is no doubt that the voice of the Divine is whispering within your heart and is activating the Hebrew genes imbedded in your nefesh Yisraeli (Israeli soul). Listen careful for your hearts will be warmed by the compassion and love of this great Jewish rabbi revealing to us the secrets of the longing within the Jewish heart that the family of Jacob will again be made whole.

With these thoughts, we invite you to listen to these heart-warming words from one of Israel’s great rabbinic scholars on the Torah and Jewish mysticism about the revelations of the raising up of the “dry-bones” of Ephraim, the Lost Ten Tribes of the House of Israel and the implications for their brother, the Jews of the House of Israel.

O Ephraim, where are you? - Part 2

Credit to Rabbi Avraham Greenbaum (Avraham ben Yaakov) – “O Ephraim, where are you?” – Azamra Institute of Jerusalem

We invite you to share these video with your friends. Reach deeply within your hearts and be willing to reach out to your brothers, the Jews. Then open your minds respectfully to the great wisdom of these great sages of Torah enlightenment for they will plant the seeds of the Jewish messiah that will transform the matrix of your own lives.

R. Avraham Greenbaum (Avraham ben Yaakov), is the founder and director of Azamra and recognized as an internationally-known teacher of Torah spirituality, Chassidut, Kabbalah, preventive healthcare, healing and environmental responsibility, and the author of over twenty-five books.

Born in Britain in 1949, Rabbi Greenbaum gained his MA in classics and social sciences at Cambridge University. As a Harkness Fellow he studied at Harvard and Columbia, after which he spent four years as a BBC Radio news commentator and producer.

A lifelong yearning for spirituality led to his return to Torah. In 1980 Rabbi Greenbaum moved to Israel with his wife and family and settled in Jerusalem, where he was ordained in 1988. He maintains the Azamra website, and teaches at the Tiferet Study Center in Jerusalem and on tour throughout Israel, Britain, USA and Canada.

Rabbi Greenbaum's books include Rabbi Nachman's Advice, Under the Table & How to Get Up, a handbook of Jewish pathways of spiritual growth, Wings of the Sun: The Torah Healing Tradition in theory and practice and translations of Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto's Kabbalistic classics, Secrets of the Future Temple and 138 Openings of Wisdom.

more...

http://destination-yisrael.biblesearchers.com/destination-yisrael/2012/02/index.html

~

We invite you to share these video with your friends. Reach deeply within your hearts and be willing to reach out to your brothers, the Jews. Then open your minds respectfully to the great wisdom of these great sages of Torah enlightenment for they will plant the seeds of the Jewish messiah that will transform the matrix of your own lives.

If you feel that tugging within your heart, there is no doubt that the voice of the Divine is whispering within your heart and is activating the Hebrew genes imbedded in your nefesh Yisraeli (Israeli soul).
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:55 pm

^^

Here is a joint Orthodox Jewish and 10-Triber Mission to bring awareness of the imminent fulfillment of the Biblical Prophecies regarding the Redemption of all Israel (12 Tribes Re-conciled and Re-United). This super Event of all Times will entail Establishing the Shomron (the Ancient Bible Heartland of the Patriarchs) and the Judean Wilderness as part of the Land of Israel, and preparing the “Land” for the Return of the Lost Tribes of the House of Israel and then the Redemption of All Israel.

http://destination-yisrael.biblesearchers.com/destination-yisrael/messiah-millennial-state-of-israel/

~

"Our task consists of preparing the Israeli army for the new war approaching in order to achieve our ultimate goal, the creation of an Israeli empire." -Moshe Dayan, 1952, Israeli Defense (War) Minister

British Israelism - Page 2 Greater_israel
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:45 pm

zone wrote:February 2012

02/28/2012

The Jews of the House of Judah are Welcoming “Ephraim” of the Lost Tribes of Israel to Come Home!

If you feel that tugging within your heart, there is no doubt that the voice of the Divine is whispering within your heart and is activating the Hebrew genes imbedded in your nefesh Yisraeli (Israeli soul).

http://destination-yisrael.biblesearchers.com/destination-yisrael/2012/02/index.html

from the same site:

“Jesus the Pharisee from the School of (Beit) Hillel”
In the Eyes of Talmudic Scholar Rabbi Jacob Emden

The Divine Mission to Bring the “Good News” to the Gentiles
By the Seven Noahide Laws

By Robert Mock M.D.
robertmock@biblesearchers.com
July 2006

I stood near the Wailing Wall, my mind in pensive reflection. Surrounding me was an other-worldly hum of Hebrew prayers ascending towards heaven. Were they prayers of anguish, sorrow, ecstasy, delight or the prayers of a tzadik atoning for the entire world? I could not understand, neither comprehend but only perceive.

This ancient ritual of prayer before the only remaining vestige of the ancient temple of the God of Israel in Jerusalem two thousand years ago depicts the power of the divine calling one to his historical and spiritual roots. Here I stood as a Gentile in an alien land. I knew of my meager genetic roots to a noble Jew of the House of David who sat as an Elder in the Great Sanhedrin. I also knew of my meager roots to the Princes of Israel living as exile-Archs in the land of Babylon.

http://www.biblesearchers.com/yahshua/beithillel/emden.shtml

mmm.....i guess i'll find out if this guy is really an idiotic gentile or a deceiving shill.
who knows these days.
what wretched blasphemy.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:53 pm

note to self:

use this in discussion with Brit-Am heretic:

Brit-Am, Lost Ten Tribes in the West.

A Portion of Judah will be the first to Return. This is the present State of Israel. At First they will be Reluctant to Receive the Ten Tribes. Later they will. The Tribes will Return at first Physically and AFTER THAT in the Religious Sense. Judah needs the Return of Samaria (Manasseh and Israel) both physically and spiritually for the sake of Its own Redemption. Judah will teach Joseph. The Ten Tribes will Return. They will help Judah Rehabilitate the Land of Greater Israel from the Nile to the Euphrates The Rest of Judah will also Return.

For accompanying article see:

"The Order of Return in Ezekiel".

http://britam.org/

Last edited by zone on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:54 pm

and this:

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:14 pm

zone wrote:The 'mystery' of British-Israel solved

Nowadays, 50,000 men and boys are periodically herded into a stadium to babble incoherently, to weep and laugh hysterically for the Promise Keepers. Or, at a specially rigged church at the Toronto, Canada airport, troubled worshippers come from far way to be miraculously cured; they fall into trances on the floor and bark like dogs, in "worship." Civilized humanity is obliged to ask, how has this come about?

The main figure in the creation of today's Pentecostalism, British agent David J. du Plessis, insisted that this phenomenon has no history whatsoever: It simply happened. Writing in 1956, du Plessis claimed, "It [is] clear that it was no man-made cult of `tongues.' Only the `power' of which Jesus spake, could have caused its miraculous growth and establishment" up to that point, from the beginning of the twentieth century. As the "charismatic renewal," a new Pentecostal movement, was just then being geared up in the 1950s, du Plessis lied that "there has never been a man or a movement than can claim the credit for having planned or propagated this world embracing Pentecostal Revival. It is simply the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit ... to bring the `Full Gospel Message' to the whole world in this generation.... This sudden move towards mass evangelism lately ... cannot be attributed to anything else than the spontaneous move of the Holy Spirit."

We shall give here the first serious historical account of the "planning and propagating." We speak now of the high church principalities and powers who have built this new Tower of Babel, who look down with contempt upon their captive babblers, their low churchers, the herd, the worms.

It is necessary first to bring to light a myth known as British Israelism, which stands behind Pentecostalism. This is an evil piece of historical race gossip, spread into American religion, into the ranks of American populists, poisoning the minds of separatists and Armageddon terrorists.

The British monarchy and its prime ministers and Foreign Office fabricated British Israelism in the nineteenth century, from earlier versions of the story. They claimed that Queen Victoria was descended from the Biblical King David, and was thus a descendant of the Davidic family tree that produced Jesus. They taught that the tribes of Israel wandered into northern Europe; that by this supposed genealogy, the British are the real Chosen People, and the British Empire is thus God's empire.
The modern Jews, by this British account, are not the historical Hebrews of Old Testament Israel, but rather, the British are. But, says the British Israel myth, in a leap of logic, the Jews need to be put into Palestine, to fulfill prophecy, get slaughtered in a war with the Muslims, and bring about the End Times.

To provide fuel for this mythology, the royal family asked the British Grand Lodge of Freemasonry to establish the Palestine Exploration Fund. In the 1870s, they dispatched soldier-archeologists to the Holy Land, to dig up supposed religious relics that might impress the cheap fancies of the beggarly masses.

British Israelism designed its Jewish angle to be worked in many politically useful ways, along a spectrum from Nazi anti-Semitism to radical Zionism. The cynical character of this entire travesty may be seen, in the way the story was changed to suit imperial politics. During the 1870s, Germany broke from allegiance to British free trade doctrines. The London "prophets" then reconfigured ancient history. Suddenly, it wasn't Britain and Germany, collectively the Nordic Aryans, who were the wandering Chosen People, but only Britain. Modern Germans, it had been discovered, are the ancient Assyrians!

In his book Religion and the Racist Right: The Origins of the Christian Identity Movement, author Michael Barkun presents a nagging paradox, which he never solves. He reports that British Israelism originates with the British military, the Anglican Church, the British upper classes, who are fanatical loyalists to the government, the British Empire. Yet, this mother has given birth to the Christian Identity Movement, whose racist paranoia and paramilitary anger are aimed against the government, the United States government. Barkun cannot puzzle out the mystery, how the same historical movement can both support the government, and oppose the government!

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/1997/ahc.html

bump for investigation.
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:16 pm

zone wrote:^^

Here is a joint Orthodox Jewish and 10-Triber Mission to bring awareness of the imminent fulfillment of the Biblical Prophecies regarding the Redemption of all Israel (12 Tribes Re-conciled and Re-United). This super Event of all Times will entail Establishing the Shomron (the Ancient Bible Heartland of the Patriarchs) and the Judean Wilderness as part of the Land of Israel, and preparing the “Land” for the Return of the Lost Tribes of the House of Israel and then the Redemption of All Israel.

http://destination-yisrael.biblesearchers.com/destination-yisrael/messiah-millennial-state-of-israel/

~

"Our task consists of preparing the Israeli army for the new war approaching in order to achieve our ultimate goal, the creation of an Israeli empire." -Moshe Dayan, 1952, Israeli Defense (War) Minister

British Israelism - Page 2 Greater_israel

bump..........omg
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:20 pm

In other words, the 70 nations of the world are groaning and moaning in famine, pogroms, genocide, holocausts, climatic changes, progressive earthquake and volcanoes, and social disorder as the economic instability becomes not just national but global. This will continue until the Lost Ten Tribes of the House of Israel and the Assimilated Jews in the Diaspora have returned from their exiles and become one in brotherhood in the Land of Israel.

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:37 pm

FROM BRIT-AM TEN TRIBERS SITE:

07/04/2010

The Jewish Torah Roots of the American Constitution by Prof. Paul Eidelberg

During the colonial and constitution-making period, the Americans, especially the Puritans, adopted and adapted various Hebraic laws for their own governance. The legislation of New Haven, for example, was based on the premise that "the judicial laws of God, as they were delivered by Moses, and as they are a fence to the moral law, being neither ... ceremonial, nor ha[ving] any reference to Canaan, shall ... generally bind all offenders, till they be branched out into particulars hereafter.” Thirty-eight of seventy-nine statutes in the New Haven Code of 1665 derived their authority from the Hebrew Bible. The laws of Massachusetts were based on the same premise.

The fifteen Capital Laws of New England included the "Seven Noahide Laws" of the Torah, or what may be termed the seven universal laws of morality. Six prohibit idolatry, blasphemy, murder, robbery, adultery, and eating flesh from a living animal, while the seventh requires the establishment of courts of justice. Such courts are obviously essential to any society based on the primacy of reason or persuasion rather than passion or intimidation.

The seven universal laws of morality (together with their particular branches) comprised a "genial orthodoxy." This genial orthodoxy transcends whatever social or economic distinctions exist among men: it holds all men equal before the law. By so doing it places constraints on governors and governors alike and thereby habituated Americans to the rule of law.

As a further consequence, this ancient Hebraic orthodoxy dissolved or subordinated many ethnic differences among immigrants in the new world. It moderated the demands of various groups, helped coordinate their diverse interests and talents, and thereby contributed to America's growth and prosperity.

http://destination-yisrael.biblesearchers.com/destination-yisrael/2010/07/the-jewish-torah-roots-of-the-american-constitution-by-prof-paul-eidelberg.html
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next