Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christianity for Young Children?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christianity for Young Children? - Page 2 Empty Re: Christianity for Young Children?

Post by strangelove Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:07 pm

reba wrote:yes.

Good. Glad we got that sorted out. I think you'll agree that theres no way to come to saving faith without reading the NT so...we can say, the NT is critical to read. The OT is not.

reba wrote:
Which Bible? Is there more than one?

I dont believe they are seperate. The OT and the NT both look to the Cross. Both look to 'heaven' or the end or what ever word fits.

Each brings understanding to the other they are one.

I ask again....

Should we read the OT in light of the NT or the reverse?

There is a definate answer to this and I think you know the scripture I'm gonna bring forward if you choose the wrong one.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Christianity for Young Children? - Page 2 Empty Re: Christianity for Young Children?

Post by reba Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Good. Glad we got that sorted out. I think you'll agree that theres no way to come to saving faith without reading the NT so...we can say, the NT is critical to read. The OT is not.
nope no we

Did I say that? Your getting very fast & loose with your misrepresentations Reba.

reba

Back to top Go down

Post by reba Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Bring on your scripture i am not here to think i am right i am here to discuss.

reba

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:32 am

reba wrote:
nope no we

But you said someone can gain saving faith without reading the OT. So whats it to be Reebs?

reba wrote:Bring on your scripture i am not here to think i am right i am here to discuss.

2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Barnes Notes:

"The vail shall be taken away - They shall then understand the true meaning of the prophecies, and the true nature of their own institutions. They shall see that they refer to the Lord Jesus, the incarnate Son of God, and the true Messiah. The genuine sense of their sacred oracles shall break upon their view with full and irresistible light."

---------------------

If this works for the Hebrews then it certainly counts for gentiles whom the old laws were not even given to.

We need to read the OT in light of the new. In light of Christ, with the HS to guide.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reba Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:46 am

We can be saved with out ever reading any part of the scripture. ie: the bad guy on the cross...... so i was just messa wiht ya a bit.

reba

Back to top Go down

Post by reba Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:01 am

To the scriptures....

2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

I can see why a person mihgt have the thoughts you do about these verses i just dont agree....

We have nevered lived under the veil of Moses ie; we dont do sacrifices etc. we Gods people of today have been blessed to be born in to Him in a different time then then.... We have be born after the veil was rent. We have never been shut out of the holy of holies. We are born into liberity... To me these verses would speak to those let me find a word..... meseanic Christians. These verses go along with

Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
Tit 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

I would that every one read the whole Bible which book chapter does not matter, Reading it sorta from front to back or Matt- Rev Gen to Mal as a person would read any book... Skipping Numbers is not a crime...

reba

Back to top Go down

Post by reba Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 am

As a kid i understood what it meant for the veil to have ripped I understood His death the death of the perfect Lamb was the finial sacrifice. I had been taught the layout the layers and the ways of Moses' temple , tabernacle , or tent. I knew the presence of God was on/in the Ark i knew it was in the holy of holies and the high priest only went in there once a year.. And praise be to God it was now open....

If i could write better i would take this out of the first person.

Noah had an Ark Moses had an Ark Those stories are a shadow or picture of God in His Ark.... Which is a picture of Christ in His Church...

I hope this makes some sense to you again i apologys for not writing well

reba

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 am

reba wrote:
We have nevered lived under the veil of Moses ie; we dont do sacrifices etc. we Gods people of today have been blessed to be born in to Him in a different time then then.... We have be born after the veil was rent. We have never been shut out of the holy of holies. We are born into liberity... To me these verses would speak to those let me find a word..... meseanic Christians.
Concentrating on the OT is what makes potential Christians, messianic jews. If you read the OT in light of the new theres much less chance of this happening
reba wrote:I would that every one read the whole Bible which book chapter does not matter, Reading it sorta from front to back or Matt- Rev Gen to Mal as a person would read any book
So you are agreeing that NT THEN OT is the best way? You already said John first than the OT so I'm not quite sure what we are disagreeing on here. Although I would definatley teach my kids to read all the way through the NT, referencing the OT when needed....and then go through the OT with the Holy Ghost and the light of Christ to guide them. It seems obvious to me and scripture clearly teaches this.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reba Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:10 pm

IF reading the OT nope you said Concentrating makes for messianic Jew then they did not 'get' the NT.

It seems obvious to me and scripture clearly teaches this.
Could well be God is directing you to sorta stay in the NT.

I hear from you ( not that you formed the words, again i am lost as how to say this) a slight disreguard for the OT as it is not as importiant. For me the OT and NT make the Word of God. We live in a place where we can have the whole seems a same to not hold the whole in equal reverence.

That said God knows His kids and what we each need good grief , He knows the hairs on our head.

When the Scripture were written those guys writing the letters and those reading them knew the history. God has seen fit to give us that history we should learn it.

AS direct as i can be would be to say

first read John then with out jumping all around read the rest.

reba

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:50 pm

LOLZ! Ok Reba.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2