Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Christian Wilderness Family

4 posters

Go down

Hello Christian Wilderness Family Empty Hello Christian Wilderness Family

Post by outsidethecamp Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:14 am

Hello CWF Family,

I am OutsideTheCamp, with Jesus (Heb 13:13) and very surprised yet blessed to find in the Internet wilderness a lodging place where a small band of wayfaring men can speak freely about any topic. Not so on many other sites (in fact most of them). If a topic cannot be discussed with Christians, then who can it be discussed with? I have been lurking for months, reading threads and impressed that various, difficult topics are discussed with spiritual intelligence and discernment and most of all Christian charity. My hope is that anything I post is edifying or encouraging or thought provoking. I will settle for any of those. If I offend anyone, please know it is nothing personal and most likely the message, so remember attack the message not the messenger. From what I have read, you are all very keen to stay on the topic and not pile on one another. Wow!! Amazing! Looking forward to great discussions and the building up of one another on our "most holy faith". 

God bless and Merry Christmas, to all who enjoy the freedom to celebrate our Savior coming into this world.

In Christ,
OTC

outsidethecamp

Back to top Go down

Hello Christian Wilderness Family Empty Re: Hello Christian Wilderness Family

Post by outsidethecamp Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:22 am

This really is a quiet forum. Is this an archive site? Happy New Year to all.

outsidethecamp

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:21 am

Hi there OTC.....One of the most wayfaringist men on this site is actually a woman!

Anyway...welcome to this quiet little corner of the Christian world. Please feel free to comment on any thread and I'll try and weigh in with a response. The forum has been quiet for a while now as you rightly say, and for reasons I think you already understand.

Anyway.....not sure what you mean by archive site...but....this is it basically.

In Christ....Doc.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by outsidethecamp Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:35 am

Strangelove wrote: Very Happy Hi there OTC.....One of the most wayfaringist men on this site is actually a woman!

Anyway...welcome to this quiet little corner of the Christian world. Please feel free to comment on any thread and I'll try and weigh in with a response. The forum has been quiet for a while now as you rightly say, and for reasons I think you already understand.

Anyway.....not sure what you mean by archive site...but....this is it basically.

In Christ....Doc.
Hi there, Doc. 

Thank you for the greeting. I was wondering if the site went permanently dark (quiet) and thus I referred to it as an "archive", site but now I see there is life. Very Happy

Take your time on responses since I now know you are still actively posting. I have enjoyed your's and Zone's posts and look forward to a little fellowship around the Word. I'm quite busy in my day job and with my family so my responses may be a bit delayed, also. 

All the best,
OTC

outsidethecamp

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:13 pm

Uh....oops?

Had dozens of people tried to join the forum dating back to 2013.

Kinda missed the alerts...sorry bout that. Welcome all?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro John Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:33 pm

I once followed this site very closely.  I am glad you are back.

Bro John

Back to top Go down

Hello Christian Wilderness Family Empty lol

Post by CCornelius Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:21 am

Strangelove wrote:Uh....oops?

lol Oh my gosh! Is that what happened? Cuz I totally had no clue why I was suddenly a member of a forum!
So funny!
CCornelius
CCornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:56 pm

CCornelius wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Uh....oops?

lol Oh my gosh! Is that what happened? Cuz I totally had no clue why I was suddenly a member of a forum!
So funny!

Yeah...my bad.

Is that a bunch of galaxies swirling round in your picture? Are we the one in the centre?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CCornelius Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:21 am

Strangelove wrote:

Yeah...my bad.

Is that a bunch of galaxies swirling round in your picture? Are we the one in the centre?
Yes, it is, and yes, we are.
CCornelius
CCornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:15 am

CCornelius wrote:
Yes, it is, and yes, we are.

Cool another geocentrist!

Flathead or globe hugger if you don't mind me asking?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro John Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:44 am

Forgive me for breaking in.  I humbly apologize.  But when I first found this site I was surprised to see discussion on geocentrism as i had first come in contact with it in 2011. i am now a confirmed flathead.

Bro John

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:41 am

Bro John wrote:Forgive me for breaking in.  I humbly apologize.  But when I first found this site I was surprised to see discussion on geocentrism as i had first come in contact with it in 2011. i am now a confirmed flathead.

No worries Bro.

Do you get into the science much or just casually cosmologise?
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bro John Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:59 am

neither a scientist, nor a theologian.

Bro John

Back to top Go down

Post by CCornelius Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:42 pm

Strangelove wrote:

I don't mind at all.

Obviously the Earth is approximately spherical. The Coriolis effect exerted by the rest of the universe causes the Planet to bulge a bit around the middle, but it is certainly not flat. The Bible says no such thing, the ancients believed no such thing(the circumference of the Earth was correctly calculated two thousand years ago in Greece), and today empirical evidence is such as to make disbelief in the Earth's sphericality childish if not perverse.

Disbelief in geocentrism can only be a failure to grasp inertial reference frames or pure Atheist defiance of reality.
CCornelius
CCornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by CCornelius Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:03 pm

Bro John wrote:Forgive me for breaking in.  I humbly apologize.  But when I first found this site I was surprised to see discussion on geocentrism as i had first come in contact with it in 2011. i am now a confirmed flathead.
Why does one see an entirely different set of stars from the southern hemisphere?

Why do we see stars moving in a counterclockwise orbit from the Northern hemisphere and clockwise from the Southern hemisphere?

Why do stars appear to move east to west only when viewed from the equator?

Why can't we see stars near the Earth's ecliptic half of the year?

Why does the mileage distance across continents match that of a globe and not a flat map of the Earth?

How can there be numerous photos and video of the Earth's curvature?

Why do some people continue to deny photos of the Earth's curvature, despite ready availability of such photos?

Why do sun dials show differing times at different places on Earth?

How do airplanes circle the Earth in any direction without stopping?

How do times zones work?

If Earth is a plane, why is its center of gravity always directly straight down?

Why do people on opposite sides of the equator see the same face of the moon?

How can only latitude and not longitude be determined by observing the face of the moon?

What is the difference between airspeed velocity and ground speed velocity(failure to understand airplane speed in different directions)?

Why do passenger aircraft fly exclusively over ocean and over no land at all when traveling from Bogota, Columbia to Sydney, Australia? Would not a straight line path take them over Texas?

Look, conspiracy is a real human activity. People are convicted of conspiracy in court -- conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to do this, conspiracy to do that -- every day. People naturally desire to pierce conspiracies and get to the heart of a matter. But there is a difference between piercing a conspiracy and the feeling associated with having pierced a conspiracy.

The reason for believing the Earth is flat in defiance of plain, manifest evidence is because it generates a false feeling of having dispelled a cultural illusion.

To dispel a cultural illusion is healthy, but to embrace feelings generated merely by a desire to have accomplished that and to construct an illogical model to support an illegitimate gratification is a sick behavior.
CCornelius
CCornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:39 pm

CCornelius wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

I don't mind at all.

Obviously the Earth is approximately spherical. The Coriolis effect exerted by the rest of the universe causes the Planet to bulge a bit around the middle, but it is certainly not flat. The Bible says no such thing, the ancients believed no such thing(the circumference of the Earth was correctly calculated two thousand years ago in Greece), and today empirical evidence is such as to make disbelief in the Earth's sphericality childish if not perverse.

Disbelief in geocentrism can only be a failure to grasp inertial reference frames or pure Atheist defiance of reality.

Agreed but a small finicky point that word planet comes from a Greek or Latin word i think... that means wanderer. The earth doesn't wander so its not a planet. Its Earth.
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CCornelius Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:46 pm

Strangelove wrote:Agreed but a small finicky point that word planet comes from a Greek or Latin word i think... that means wanderer. The earth doesn't wander so its not a planet. Its Earth.
Ah! Good catch and good point.
Let us say what we mean.
CCornelius
CCornelius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down