Christian Wilderness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Noahide Laws

+7
Consumed
Adstar
jerry
ada
KingdomSeeker
strangelove
zone
11 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Noahide Laws - Page 12 Empty Re: The Noahide Laws

Post by zone Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 pm

The Noahide Laws - Page 12 Logo

Monographs in Judaism and Civilization

Volumes in the Series Monographs in Judaism and Civilization treating the relationship of Jewish and secular thought as well as the Noahide laws.

Bulletin in the Noahide laws

A lengthy single essay on a topic in the Noahide laws, the universal code of ethics set out in the Torah tradition for all humanity.

http://ijc.com.au/institute-publications-products
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 pm

The Noahide Laws - Page 12 Thumbnail.aspx?q=4880174255964694&id=7b476962c16bbf88f8a65a691a4294fc&index=newexp&url=http%3a%2f%2fimages.wikia.com%2femergencyalertsystem%2fimages%2f6%2f68%2f2000px-Eas_new_svg

The Noahide Laws, Israel and Peace

ISSN 1832 – 6498 Bulletin in the Noahide Laws Volume 4, No. 1. 5769 (2009)

“THE NOAHIDE LAWS, ISRAEL AND PEACE”

Rabbi Dr Shimon Cowen This essay looks at the common heritage of the major world and religious cultures in the set of universal ethics, known as the Noahide laws. After examining the Jewish identity of the Israeli State and the biblical relationship of the land of Israel to the Jewish people, it concludes with the application of the Noahide laws to the resolution of conflict in the Middle East.

The Noahide laws: common root of the world religions....

http://ijc.com.au/bulletins-in-the-noahide-laws/the-noahide-laws-israel-and-peace

MUST READ.
SEND IT OUT PEOPLE!
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:13 pm

The Noahide laws: common root of the world religions....

Oh aint that the troof?

(James 4:4) Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Count me out.

The Noahide Laws - Page 12 Running_man
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

http://christian-wilderness-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:43 pm

"The Earth belongs to HaShem and the Fullness Thereof."

Identifying the Suffering Servant

Understanding Yisheyah (Isaiah) 52-54
By John of AllFaith © 1998 (updated August 2006)

These three chapters are often cited by Christians as evidence that Master Y'shua was the Jewish Messiah. As has been discussed elsewhere on this site when explaining the Master's important parable on this subject, the Noahide Nazarene position is that Master Y'shua was sent to earth to be the Shiloh however he was rejected by his people and therefore did not fulfill the requisite Shiloh prophecies. For more on this, please refer to my introduction to The Noahide Nazarene Way. That study should be considered a pre-requisite to this one. Master Y'shua was certainly an anointed one or messiah, but although he was utterly qualified, he did not fulfill the essential messianic prophecies of the Shiloh (comp. Gen 49:10).

In this section of Isaiah, Christians often see scriptural evidence for the sufferings and death of the Messiah, as well as his deification. Conversely, Jewish and Noahides understand these chapters to reveal essential information about the Chosen People and what it is that makes them the Elect of HaShem. They see no information here about the Messiah at all.

These two interpretations of the same texts could hardly be further apart! In our attempt to understand this section of Scripture, we'll begin at Isaiah 52:1 and take the literal sense and meaning of the texts throughout.

Yisheyah 52:
1: Awake, awake, put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city; for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

In order to understand Isaiah, one really needs to study it chapter by chapter as many of its themes run through the entire book. However, in a study such as this we must begin somewhere, so let's start here at 52:1.

Israel is being called here to "awaken," and to clothe themselves in splendor etc. Something in this prophecy has radically changed; it's a new day! Jerusalem is in the hands of the Chosen People at last and will never again be controlled by Gentile powers (vs.1). We are obviously speaking of a future time (from Isaiah's perspective) because this situation didn't exist until 1948 when Israel again took control of part of the Holy Land (or perhaps until the 1967 Six Day War when Jerusalem was unified under Israeli control. Of course, there is also some debate over this, since regular people seem to have taken the land by force rather than the Messiah as the literal reading of the prophecies would have. The important point here is that this prophecy is yet future at Isaiah's time.

2. Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem; loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.
3: For thus saith HaShem: ye were sold for naught; and ye shall be redeemed without money.
4: For thus saith the Lord HaShem: My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.
5: Now therefore, what do I here, saith HaShem, seeing that My people is taken away for naught? They that rule over them do howl, saith HaShem, and My name continually all the day is blasphemed.
6: Therefore My people shall know My name; therefore they shall know in that day that I, even He that spoke, behold, here I am.
7: How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger of good tidings, that announceth peace, the harbinger of good tidings, that announceth salvation; that saith unto Zion: 'Thy Elohiym reigneth!'

Isaiah is looking into the future, to the day when Israel will be restored and never again be subjected to Gentile rule (it is for this reason that we know the prophecy is not about the brief Hasmonean Dynasty).

Beginning with verse 3 we see how the Jews have suffered throughout their generations and how HaShem has taken note of it and will, in due time, redeem His people as promised. As part of this, the Chosen People, the Jews, will learn His Name, they will again take up His Laws and observe His precepts (verse 6). There is a time set when HaShem will deliver His people (the Jews). This is the topic.

8: Hark, thy watchmen! they lift up the voice, together do they sing; for they shall see, eye to eye, HaShem returning to Zion.
9: Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem; for HaShem hath comforted His people, He hath redeemed Jerusalem.
10: HaShem hath made bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our Elohiym.

Verse 8 points to this time as being the day when the Jews are resettled in Israel, and when HaShem Himself returns with them. Those who incorrectly teach that the Christian Church or Islam has replaced Israel as the Chosen of HaShem do not speak the truth! When the Jews were cast out of the Holy City in 70 CE HaShem went with them! .....

http://allfaith.com/Religions/Noahide/sufferingservant.html

~

Daniel 9
24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Luke 19:44
They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you."

Matthew 21:43
Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.

~

Isaiah 52:7
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”

Romans 9
Israel’s Unbelief
30What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; 31but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousnessd did not succeed in reaching that law. 32Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone, 33as it is written,

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense;
and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

Romans 10
1Brothers,a my heart’s desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. 2For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.b

The Message of Salvation to All
5For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. 6But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7or “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

14How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?c And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” 16But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” 17So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

18But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for

“Their voice has gone out to all the earth,
and their words to the ends of the world.”

19But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says,

“I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation;
with a foolish nation I will make you angry.”

20Then Isaiah is so bold as to say,

“I have been found by those who did not seek me;
I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.”

21But of Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.”

Romans 11
The Remnant of Israel
1I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham,a a member of the tribe of Benjamin. 2God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? 3“Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.” 4But what is God’s reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

7What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, 8as it is written,

“God gave them a spirit of stupor,
eyes that would not see
and ears that would not hear,
down to this very day.”

9And David says,

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
a stumbling block and a retribution for them;
10 let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see,
and bend their backs forever.”

Gentiles Grafted In
11So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. 12Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusionb mean!

13Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry 14in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. 15For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? 16If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing rootc of the olive tree, 18do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. 19Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. 23And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. 24For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

The Mystery of Israel’s Salvation
25Lest you be wise in your own sight, I want you to understand this mystery, brothers:d a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
27 “and this will be my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

28As regards the gospel, they are enemies of God for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. 29For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. 32For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

33Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord,
or who has been his counselor?”
35 “Or who has given a gift to him
that he might be repaid?”

36For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

~

God have mercy on the Dispensationalists.....
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:18 pm

MORE BLASPHEMY FROM THE "NOAHIDE" CREW (in actuality, the cryptocracy carving out their one-world religion for the goyim)

Ask yourself: IF the Church has been cut off from the Tree, what's left? Only the tree of Israel remains: only the Jews and those Noahides who cling to the hem of their garments! Zechariah 8:23

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Israel is the Tree of God. It is only due to the mercy and grace of HaShem and His Suffering Servant the Jews that we Noahides may take shelter under its shade.

In closing, I don't believe there is any legitimate question as to the identity of the "Suffering Servant." It is Israel: the cumulative Jewish people.

~

Shema Yisrael Adonai Elohaynu Adonai Echad
"Hear Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One"

An Introduction to the Way of Y'shua
By Rabbi Yochanan ben Avraham (John of AllFaith) © 11.24.2002 (latest revision 11.17.10)
http://allfaith.com/Religions/Noahide/way.html

just read this carefully...notice it is due to a combination of the mercies of their g-d AND the jews that the goyim (noahides) may 'take shelter under the tree of israel'.

clearly, and exactly in accordance with Talmudic Noahidism, we're reliant on the mercy of the 'jews' (who aren't even jews...):

"Israel is the Tree of God. It is only due to the mercy and grace of HaShem and His Suffering Servant the Jews that we Noahides may take shelter under its shade."
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:53 pm

a-a-and....in case we haven't figured it out, we're just waiting on enforcement of LAWS that demand (under threat of decapitation):

.....36) To empathize with the suffering of the Jews.

(how does one legislate empathy?)

THE SEVEN NOAHIDE COMMANDMENTS

When G-d gave the Torah He included in it all the laws relevant to all mankind. There are really many of them but the basic framework are called 'Seven Noahide Commandments'.

Six were given to Adam and not eating from a live animal was given to Noah (as listed below):

1) Don't worship other gods (Know and Worship only the Creator)

2) Don't kill people (Value life)

3) Don't steal (Value property)

4) Don't blaspheme (Honor the Creator)

5) Don't do sexual offences (Honor the family)

6) Don't eat meat taken from a living animal (Be kind)

7) Make courts of Justice to enforce the above commandments. (Be just). (ibid chapter 9)

But there is much more to the Noahide tradition than just these seven bare laws.

These seven are a basic framework containing many more commandments, details and instructions which altogether form a truly complete, meaningful, and valid way to express love and gratitude to the Creator with every aspect of one's being to perfect the world we live in.
First of all, each of these seven commandments has many implications; here are some according to the Encyclopedia Talmudit of Rabbi Shlomo Yosef Zevin:

.....36) To empathize with the suffering of the Jews.

http://www.noahide.org/article.asp?Level=540&Parent=342

this stuff is revealed day by day as highly developed (and has been all along).

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed May 30, 2012 2:48 pm

well well well....and we have yet another update on the Noahide Laws at wiki.
the leaven rising and rising....a little here and there:

Noahide laws

1st century CE, Acts 15
Main article: Council of Jerusalem

The Jewish Encyclopedia article on Saul of Tarsus states:

According to Acts, Paul began working along the traditional Jewish line of proselytizing in the various synagogues where the proselytes of the gate [e.g., Exodus 20] and the Jews met; and only because he failed to win the Jews to his views, encountering strong opposition and persecution from them, did he turn to the Gentile world after he had agreed at a convention with the apostles at Jerusalem to admit the Gentiles into the Church only as proselytes of the gate, that is, after their acceptance of the Noachian laws (Acts 15:1–31).

Jewish Encyclopedia: New Testament — Spirit of Jewish Proselytism in Christianity states:

For great as was the success of Barnabas and Paul in the heathen world, the authorities in Jerusalem insisted upon circumcision as the condition of admission of members into the church, until, on the initiative of Peter, and of James, the head of the Jerusalem church, it was agreed that acceptance of the Noachian Laws — namely, regarding avoidance of idolatry, fornication, and the eating of flesh cut from a living animal — should be demanded of the heathen desirous of entering the Church.

Acts 15:19-21, the Apostolic Decree of the Council of Jerusalem, resolved this early Christian dispute by commending righteous Gentiles to understand Noahide law, rather than to live under the same dictates as Torah-observant Jews and be circumcised (cf. Acts 15:5, Acts 15:24). As Christianity began as a sect of first-century Judaism, so modern Judaism has continued to observe Gentiles and proselytes as not being under the scrutiny of the ordinances as Jews. Jewish scholar Maimonides (13th century) held Gentiles may have a part in salvation and in the world to come just by observing Noahide law. Some modern Jewish and Christian scholars, however, dispute the connection between Acts 15 and Noahide law,[11] the content of Noahide law, the historical reliability of the Acts of the Apostles, and the nature of Biblical law in Christianity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noahide_laws

my advanced search says the page was modified may 13 2012.

DOC - look how much has changed since we started this thing! how fast they're advancing the agenda! have you seen this particular spin before now?

these doctrines are out there now as established truth, and see how they have marginalized christian orthodoxy, making it appear to be some kind of new idea that the NLs are lies?

"Some modern Jewish and Christian scholars, however, dispute the connection"

wow.....more....
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed May 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Noahide Laws: I have been told by some Messianics that the only commandments that Gentiles are supposed to follow are the seven Noahide laws. I have then been told by other Messianics that the seven Noahide laws are an invention of later Judaism, and were not from the Biblical period. Can you please help me with this?

The following entry has been adapted from the commentary appearing in TorahScope, Volume I by Mark Huey, on Shelakh-Lekha (Numbers 13:1-15:41), entitled “Scriptural Equality”

The following is a brief description of “Noahides” as provided by the Dictionary of Judaism in the Biblical Period:

“non-Jews who observe the seven laws that apply to the descendants of Noah (namely, all peoples). According to rabbinic authorities, these include the following prohibitions: idolatry, adultery and incest, bloodshed, blasphemy, robbery, social injustice, and eating the flesh of a limb cut from a living animal (T. Aḇodah Zarah 8:4-8).”[a]

The conviction of many of today’s non-Jewish Messianic Believers is that they are a part of the community of Israel via their faith in Messiah Yeshua (cf. Ephesians 2:11-13; Galatians 6:16; et. al.). As the Torah itself communicates, “One law and one standard applies for you and for the alien residing with you” (Numbers 15:15, Keter Crown Bible). This would seem to mean that non-Jewish Believers should be following the Torah no differently than Jewish Believers.[b] They should consider the Law of Moses to have relevance and blessing for their lives, informing them how the Lord wants all of His people to be holy and set-apart unto Him. In fact, while the Torah originally communicated to Ancient Israel that there was to only be one standard for the native or sojourner, in the post-resurrection era non-Jewish Believers are to be regarded “no longer [as] strangers and aliens, but...fellow citizens with the saints, and...of God's household” (Ephesians 3:6). Such a classification of native, sojourner, or even “God-fearer”—is to be largely regarded as a part of the pre-resurrection era.[c] If anything, all Believers in Messiah Yeshua are sojourners and aliens in the world, their citizenship in Heaven (1 Peter 2:11; Philippians 3:20).

Many of today’s Messianic Jews eagerly embrace non-Jewish Believers as their fellow brothers and sisters, and are more than happy for them to be considering God’s Torah as relevant instruction. They want the Messianic movement to be the “one new humanity” (Ephesians 2:15, NRSV/CJB). They know that the enemy wants to keep Jewish Believers and non-Jewish Believers divided as much as he can. They know that a Messianic Judaism off to itself, with an evangelical Christianity still often disregarding the Law of Moses, is not at all a good thing. Even if there are some obstacles and difficulties along the way, many Messianic Jews we know recognize that we all have to work together to see a restoration of Israel come forth that is more all-encompassing than just involving the Jewish people; it is something that involves the entire world.

Contrary to the thought that the Torah is relevant for all of God’s people is the Jewish theological construct that the Torah is only to be followed by the Jews. The nations at large are thought to only have to really follow seven precepts affecting the b’nai Noach or children of Noah, derived from Genesis 9. Much of this concept has made its way into parts of Messianic Judaism as well, which has thought that non-Jewish Believers can become “righteous Gentiles” by only following the seven Noahide laws. By extension, some even think that the Apostolic decree of Acts 15:19-21 is based in these Noahide laws, which include:

1. a prohibition against idolatry
2. a prohibition against blasphemy
3. a prohibition against bloodshed/murder
4. prohibitions against incest and adultery
5. a prohibition against robbery
6. the need to establish courts of law
7. a prohibition against eating flesh cut from a living animal[d]

While these seven prohibitions are surely righteous injunctions to be observed by all Messiah followers, suggesting that these are the only “commandments” that non-Jewish Believers are to follow today is a bit of a hasty conclusion. The Apostolic Scriptures include clear instruction to mixed assemblies of Jewish and non-Jewish Believers that goes well beyond these seven issues—as important as they are.[e] But more problematic for those Messianic Jews who might want to view non-Jewish Believers only being some kind of “Noahides,” is the fact that these so-called Noahide laws were likely not formulated until after the destruction of the Second Temple. There are two lists of these different regulations found in Jewish literature (Jubilees 7:20-21;[f] t.Avodah Zarah 8:4[g]), and as David Instone-Brewer points out, “The two versions of the list in Jubilees and in later rabbinic texts have so little in common that we cannot know what this list contained in the first century or even if such a list existed.”[h]

http://www.tnnonline.net/faq/n.html#Noahide_Laws

WHAT?
where's the outright crushing of the NLs?

praxsis praxsis dialectic see-saw.
Cry me a river
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Wed May 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Strangelove wrote:"When we approach a gentile who has violated the seven laws of Noah and kill him out of devotion to the upholding of these Noahide laws, this is not forbidden."

- Torat Hamelech

oh....but this is a conspiracy theory doc. bounce
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 am

The European Jewish Union is a non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Brussels whose stated aim is to be "a uniting structure for all Jewish communities and organizations throughout Western, Eastern and Central Europe."[1] The group was founded in the Spring of 2011 by Ihor Kolomoyskyi and Vadim Rabinovich after the two failed to secure leadership positions in other European Jewish organizations.[2]

The EJU hopes to establish a European Jewish Parliament, comprising 120 members modeled on the Israeli Knesset.[3][4] This group would then represent the concerns of the Jewish community to the European Union.[5]

- Wiki
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:10 pm

uniting structure for all Jewish communities and organizations

strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:15 pm

The High Council of B'nei Noah is a group of Noahides who, at the request of the nascent Sanhedrin, gathered in Israel[1][2] on Monday January 10, 2006/10 Tevet 5766 to be recognized as an international Noahide organization for the purpose of serving as a bridge between the Sanhedrin and Noahides worldwide. There were ten initial members[3] who flew to Israel and pledged to uphold the Seven Laws of Noah and to conduct themselves under the authority of the Noahide beit din (religious court) of the Sanhedrin.

- High Council of B'nei Noah
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strangelove Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Strangelove wrote:uniting structure for all Jewish communities and organizations

Spokesman Jim Long outlined the Council's goals:

"Education is a vital part of our effort and we need you to help us with this. We need to make sure that developing Noahide groups do not split into denominations. As we move into the public eye, we will be viewed as heretics by many. We each come from other religions and must develop ways to approach them in a manner in which they listen without closing their ears. The Noahide movement is a Torah-based template for an ethical way of life. The Creator requires humanity to uphold these laws as per His covenant with Noah.

- Sanhedrin Recognizes Council to Teach Humanity ´Laws of Noah´
strangelove
strangelove
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:13 pm

OMGOSH.

Message to all you IDIOTS who have ridiculed us and assisted all this:

GOOD JOB YOU LAZY.................
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Spokesman Jim Long outlined the Council's goals:

"Education is a vital part of our effort and we need you to help us with this. We need to make sure that developing Noahide groups do not split into denominations. As we move into the public
eye, we will be viewed as heretics by many. We each come from other religions and must develop ways to approach them in a manner in which they listen without closing their ears. The Noahide movement is a Torah-based template for an ethical way of life. The Creator requires humanity to uphold these laws as per His covenant with Noah. [/color]

- Sanhedrin Recognizes Council to Teach Humanity ´Laws of Noah´

AS WE MOVE INTO THE PUBLIC EYE.

BRING IT!

The Noahide Laws - Page 12 Jesus%2Band%2Bpharisees
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

The Noahide Laws - Page 12 Empty Judaism: The Rainbow in the Clouds

Post by zone Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Judaism: The Rainbow in the Clouds

Published: Friday, October 19, 2012 1:54 PM

Thoughts from the icon of religious Zionism, the late Chief Rabbi, sage, philosopher-poet for whom the Merkaz Harav yeshiva is named.

HaRav Avraham Yitzchak HaCohen Kook zts"l
First Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi of Israel, revered and famed Torah sage, philosopher, writer, poet, iconic and beloved leader of religious Zionism and the return to Zion (1865-1935).

After the Flood, God informed Noah:

"I will make My covenant with you, and all flesh will never again be cut off by the waters of a flood."

"This is the sign of the covenant that I am placing between Me, you, and every living creature that is with you, for all generations: I have set My rainbow in the clouds... The rainbow will be in the clouds, and I will see it to recall the eternal covenant." (Gen. 9:11-16)

In what way does the rainbow symbolize God's covenant, never again to destroy the world by a flood? Why does the Torah emphasize that this rainbow is 'in the clouds'? And most importantly, what is the significance of this Divine promise never again to flood the world? Does this imply that the Flood was unjust? Or did God change His expectations for the world?

The rainbow is not just a natural phenomenon caused by the refraction of light. The 'rainbow in the clouds' represents a paradigm shift in humanity's spiritual development.

Pre-Flood Morality

Before the devastation of the Flood, the world was different than the world we know; it was younger and more vibrant. Its physical aspects were much stronger, and people lived longer lives.

Just as the body was more robust, the intellect was also very powerful. People were expected to utilize their intellectual powers as a guide for living in a sensible, moral fashion. The truth alone should have been a sufficient guide for a strong-willed individual. Ideally, awareness of God's presence should be enough to enlighten and direct one's actions.

This was the potential of the pristine world of the Garden of Eden.

Rampant violence and immorality in Noah's generation, however, demonstrated that humanity fell abysmally short of its moral and spiritual potential. After the Flood, God fundamentally changed the nature of ethical guidance for the human soul.

The sign that God showed Noah, the 'rainbow in the clouds,' is a metaphor for this change.

Greater Moral Guidance

The rainbow represents divine enlightenment, a refraction of God's light, as it penetrates into our physical world.

Why does the Torah emphasize that the rainbow is 'in the clouds'? Clouds represent our emotional and physical aspects, just as clouds are heavy and dark (the Hebrew word geshem means both 'rain' and 'physical matter'). The covenant of the 'rainbow in the clouds' indicates that the Divine enlightenment (the rainbow) now extended from the realm of the intellect, where it existed before the Flood, to the emotional and physical spheres (the clouds). God’s rainbow of light now also penetrated the thick clouds of the material world.

How was this accomplished? The Divine light became 'clothed' in a more physical form – concrete mitzvot. God gave to Noah the first and most basic moral code: the seven laws of the Noahide code. These commandments served to bridge the divide between intellect and deed, between the metaphysical and the physical.

We can now understand God's promise never again to flood the world.

After the Flood, a total destruction of mankind became unnecessary, as the very nature of human ethical conduct was altered. Our inner spiritual life became more tightly connected to our external physical actions. As a result, the need for such a vast destruction of life, as occurred in the Flood, would not be repeated.

Of course, individuals - and even nations - may still choose to sink to the level of savages and barbarians. But the degree of immorality will never again reach the scope of Noah's generation, where only a single family deserved to be saved.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/12327#.UISGwsU7150
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

The Noahide Laws - Page 12 Empty Judaism: Why the World Did Not Start with Abraham

Post by zone Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Judaism: Why the World Did Not Start with Abraham
Published: Friday, October 19, 2012 10:36 AM

The Talmud says that if a Torah scholar is ill, a person must feel as though he, too, is sick – and then his prayers will be answered first. The story is told of Rabbi Arye Levine, the gentle rabbi who was kindness incarnate and patron of the Irgun prisoners in British jails, that he accompanied his ailing wife to the doctor and said "My wife's leg hurts us". Noah did not have this empathy – and perhaps that is the essential character difference that Jews had to develop beyond the sons of Noah, perhaps that is why G-d did not begin the world with the Jews.

The sons of Noah were given seven commandments to keep, seven and not eight, as the Maharal of Prague says that seven is a number describing natural – and not transcendental – phenomena. The sons of Noah dealt with rational commandments that human intellect could accept and might even think of by itself.

Rabeinu Nissim, in his preface to Tractate Brachot, says the seven Noahide commandments are aimed at human rationality, whereas Jews who keep 613 commandments (of which those are only seven), must keep the 613 commandments simply because they are in the Torah. ..

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/12328#.UIaerMU7150

Sleep
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:25 pm

The various levels of Batei Din and Sanhedrins (small ones of 23 judges and the Great Sanhedrin of 71) have an awesome task and are given a tremendous amount of authority over the people. But what (or rather Who) is the source of that authority? The obvious answer is G-d.

He is the Dayan Emet - the True Judge. And He is capable of running the whole show - but He gave over to people the responsibility and power of administering Justice.

Obviously, it must be within specific guidelines. And perversion of justice is a very serious offence. And that's the point. The True Source of Authority is G-d, and when He gives it over to humans (and that includes Jews as well as all nations of the world - DINIM is one of the 7 Noahide mitzvot), He requires accountability.

G-d gave us the Torah. But in the Torah, He authorized Chazal, the Sages throughout the generations, to legislate Torah-like laws. In Sho- f'tim, we find the two mitzvot - one positive and one prohibition - which gives authority to "the Rabbis". But Who is the true source of this authority? G-d is.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/159247#.UIajDcU7150
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Ecumenical Buddhism, Daoism, & Confucianism: The Noahide Laws: The 7 ...
The only promise Torâh makes to Bәnei-Noakh is "no more floods"! Moreover, the Noakhide Laws were authored by the Nәtzârim Beit-Din, being first recorded in ...
ecumenicalbuddhism.blogspot.com/2010/11/noahide-laws-7-laws-of... - Cached

Eli Schonfeld: Noahide Laws and the Religious Community « SHI Inside Out
... Bәnei-Noakh, and consulting an Hebrew concordance to make an exhaustive study of what is prophesied to happen to all goyim. Quote: “The Nәtzârim Beit-Din ...
hartmaninstitute.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/eli-schonfeld-noahide... - Cached

Gateway to Heaven: Quotes from the Lubavitcher Rebbe
See also the Benei Noakh-section in the History Museum (left panel) in the ... Quote: “The Nәtzârim Beit-Din were the original Beit-Din who defined the Noakhide Laws ...
gatewaytoheaven770.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/quotes-from-lubavitcher... - Cached

B’nei Noah | Ilana-Davita
See also the Benei Noakh-section in the History Museum (left panel) in ... Quote: “The Nәtzârim Beit-Din were the original Beit-Din who defined the Noakhide ...
ilanadavita.wordpress.com/2008/10/28/bnei-noah - Cached

The Curious Jew: Precious
See also the Benei Noakh-section in the History Museum (left panel) in ... Quote: “The Nәtzârim Beit-Din were the original Beit-Din who defined the Noakhide ...
curiousjew.blogspot.com/2009/08/precious.html - Cached

Tipping Point | The Orthoprax Rabbi's Blog
... Bәnei-Noakh, and consulting a Hebrew concordance to make an exhaustive study of what is prophesied to happen to all goyim. Quote: “The Nәtzârim Beit-Din ...
theorthopraxrabbi.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/tipping-point - Cached
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Op-Ed: Israel is a Relgious Nationality
Published: Monday, January 09, 2012 11:53 PM

All peoples are “inventions”, whatever their ethnic or national identity. All are creations of the finite and fallible will of men except for the Chosen People.

Prof. Paul Eidelberg

Not long ago, Newt Gingrich had the candor and courage to say the “Palestinians” are an “invented people.” He understood that this invented people, or what Deuteronomy calls a “non-people,” was invented by the Arabs to supplant the Jewish people in the Land of Israel.

What Mr. Gingrich may not have understood, however, is that all peoples are “inventions” whatever their ethnic or national identity. All are creations of the finite and fallible will of men except for the Chosen People, who were created by Almighty God at Mount Sinai.

How might Plato and Machiavelli perceive this issue?

Plato is that most famous philosopher who discerned the artificiality of nations. All are governed by myths or opinions—the shadows appearing in the “Allegory of the Cave” in Book VIII of the Republic. The shadows are cast by men enchained to each on a wall behind which shines a light unseen by these cave-dwellers.

The task of the philosopher is to turn around and perceive that light and eventually leave the cave; for outside he will behold the ultimate source of light, the sun, the Truth that liberates us from the chains of myth or of mere opinions.

Machiavelli discerned as much in The Prince, where he teaches that the “state” is merely a human construction, a product of human will—of a founder who creates “new modes and orders.”

But neither Plato, a most subtle and concealed atheist, nor Machiavelli, a subtle but virtually unconcealed atheist, had any profound knowledge of the modes and orders of the Jewish people, of the people, and not merely an individual philosopher, who beheld the light at Mount Sinai. No other people can make such a claim (which I elaborate elsewhere); and this has been the basic reason why all invented peoples are inclined to hate the Jewish people.

Bear in mind that unlike Israel, neither Christianity nor Islam was founded as a nation, which means that Israel was founded as a religious nationality. Consistent with Plato, Christianity transcends nationhood—to which extent it is “cosmopolitan.” Analogously, Islam rejects the nation-state, to which extent it, too, is “cosmopolitan.”

Hence, until recently, Christianity has been imperialistic, and would be as imperialistic as Islam were it not for its Judaic recognition that a diversity of nations, governed by the Seven Noahide Laws of universal morality, manifest the infinite wisdom, power, and graciousness of God. It is the Seven Noahide Laws that can make an invented nation peace and friendly to the one and only non-invented nation, knowing that the Torah of that nation is the source of the Noahide laws.

What is remarkable is that America is the only nation that was founded precisely on the Noahide laws, as one may readily confirm in the writings of the Puritans and in the legislation of colonial America, especially New England. Therein is the source of American Exceptionalism

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/11100#.UIatSsU7150
lol!
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

The Noahide Laws - Page 12 Empty Judaism: A Noahide Explains Walking with Noah

Post by zone Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Judaism: A Noahide Explains Walking with Noah

Published: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:30 PM

The Torah portion, Noah, (Genesis 6:9-11:32), read this past Shabbat, is an important reminder that any individual, Jew or gentile, has a place in this world and in the world to come.

The writer, a Noahide (ben Noach), is a freelance journalist based in Manchester.

The recent Torah portion, Noah, (Genesis 6:9-11:32), is an important reminder that any individual, Jew or gentile, has a place in this world and in the world to come.

The story of Noah is particularly important to those gentiles who refer to themselves as B’nai Noah (literally, children of Noah) and follow the Seven Noahide Laws, a set of principles that are a divine blueprint for ethical living.

For thousands of years, there has been a belief that all men and women are bound by a universal code of morality. Following the deluge, Hashem renews His relationship with creation in its entirety and promises to never again to “cut off” all flesh with the waters of a flood. In return, mankind must behave wisely and justly, and walk with Hashem.

According to Maimonides, six laws were commanded to Adam in the Garden of Eden.These were prohibitions against idolatry, blasphemy, murder, sexual immorality and theft, as well as the commandment to establish laws and courts of justice. To Noah, God reiterated the law against murder and added the prohibition against eating flesh from a living animal, sometimes interpreted as behaving compassionately towards animals.

Not since the days of the Second Temple when G-d-fearing gentiles regularly attended synagogues throughout the diaspora, has the Torah played such an important part in the lives of non-Jews.

This universal and ancient code was arguably the faith of Noah, Shem, Abram, Job and possibly even Jethro, Moses’ father-in-law. These great men had strong ethical beliefs, and enjoyed a fruitful relationship with Hashem. Noah’s son Shem, for example, is believed to have been Melchizedek, the King of Salem or Jerusalem. Melchizedek means “my king is righteousness” or “righteousness is my king.” As a priest, Melchizedek brought out bread and wine and blessed both Abram and G-d.

The Seven Laws of Noah were reiterated at Mount Sinai and form part of the 613 commandments given to the people of Israel. The reason for this is simple: the Jewish people were to safeguard these universal principles and to teach them to the nations. In other words, the Jews are a nation of priests tasked with bringing non-Jews into a relationship with Hashem. Jews themselves, of course, have their own particular covenant with Hashem as expressed in the Torah.

Judaism is not a religion which seeks converts. The rabbis clearly teach that non-Jews have the option of following the Seven Laws of Noah. Although conversion is not prohibited (far from it), it makes no difference in terms of that person’s “salvation.” Jew and gentile alike are loved by G-d and judged by their deeds, not by their religious affiliation.

When a gentile resolves to observe the Seven Laws, his or her soul is elevated. According to the rabbis, a non-Jews who commits himself to the Noahide Way becomes one of the “pious ones of the nations” and receives a share of the world to come, as well as blessings in this world.

The Noahide faith has nothing to do with creating another religion, which is forbidden in the Torah, but is about acknowledging Hashem as the One G-d of both Jews and non-Jews, and recognizing that He is a righteous and loving G-d, Who is intimately concerned with His creation.

Noahidism is rapidly gaining in popularity in the West, especially among former Christians who wish to have a relationship with Hashem without the baggage of Christian dogma and two thousand years of Church-sanctioned anti-Semitism. In fact, not since the days of the Second Temple when G-d-fearing gentiles regularly attended synagogues throughout the diaspora, has the Torah played such an important part in the lives of non-Jews.

There are many Noahide groups and communities in the UK, Australia, parts of Europe, and throughout the US. In the early 1990s President George Bush Senior signed into law an historic Joint Resolution of both Houses of Congress recognizing the Seven Noahide Laws as the "bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization.”

Chabad Lubavitch has done the most in recent years to reach out to non-Jews. In 2006, the spiritual leader of the Druze community in Israel met with a representative of Chabad to sign a declaration calling on all non-Jews in Israel to observe the Noahide Laws. A year later, Chabad brought together ambassadors from Poland, Japan, Ghana, Latvia, Mexico and Panama, who all championed the Noahide Laws.

In Manchester, England, where I live, Chabad has been prominent. Hassidic Jews are often seen handing out leaflets to passers-by. There is now a small Noahide study group, which gathers every week to discuss the Torah and Halakhic matters. I am glad to say I am one of the participants in this group.

The majority of Noahides are very supportive of the State of Israel and are on the frontline in the fight against anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism in their own countries.

Most Noahides have their own blessings and prayers (written by orthodox rabbis) and have turned away from pagan holidays such as Christmas and Easter. Some Noahides attend synagogues and most, if not all, study under trained rabbis.

In 2005, the scholar Rabbi Moshe Weiner of Jerusalem started work on an in-depth codification of the Noahide precepts. Published three years later, Sefer Sheva Mitzvot Hashem (“The Book of Seven Divine Commandments”) has been approved by the chief rabbis of Israel, as well as other halakhic authorities

As a Noahide I am proud to be part of a growing movement which seeks to restore the faith of Noah and Shem. I am also gratified to be considered a friend of the Jewish people and the State of Israel. But mostly I am glad to have heeded Jeremiah 6:16, which speaks of a journey of righteousness and a life of fidelity towards Hashem:

“This is what the Lord says: ‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls’.”

For non-Jews, the Noahide Way truly is the ancient path

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/12344#.UKD3Yoc7150
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:39 pm

Sefer Sheva Mitzvot HaShem: Volumes I & II
The Book of Seven Divine Commandments (Hebrew)
By Rabbi Moshe Weiner

World-wide interest in the Seven Commandments for the Children of Noah (in Hebrew, the Sheva Mitzvot Bnei Noach) has grown exponentially over the last few decades, and a great number of Gentiles have already committed themselves to their Torah-prescribed observance. Until now, however, a clear guide for the practical application and observance of these precepts has been lacking.

Sefer Sheva Mitzvot HaShem ( The Book of Seven Divine Commandments ) Volumes I and II is the result of a historic project launched by Ask Noah International in 2005. Expertly compiled in Hebrew by Rabbi Moshe Weiner of Jerusalem and reviewed by prominent Torah scholars, the book examines the halachic details and foundations of the Seven Noahide Commandments. The volumes are written in the style and format of the classic Shulchan Aruch, the Code of Jewish Law by Rabbi Yosef Caro (the Beit Yosef"). Rabbi Weiner s work successfully brings an important but neglected area of Torah to the forefront of rabbinic attention.

Volume I focuses on the Noahide commandments between man and G-d, and includes many chapters on the fundamentals of the Noahide faith, the prohibitions of idolatry and blasphemy, and the dietary prohibitions associated with causing unnecessary pain to living creatures. It also includes a scholarly preface by Rabbi Weiner which explains the halachic basis of Jewish outreach to Gentiles for the Sheva Mitzvot.

The new Volume II focuses on the Noahide commandments between man and his fellow man, and includes many chapters on the Noahide prohibitions of murder and harming, forbidden relations (including the topics of marriage and divorce), and theft.

Sefer Sheva Mitzvot HaShem was submitted for review by the world-renowned rabbinic authority, Haga on Rav Zalman Nechemiah Goldberg shlit a, member of the Supreme Rabbinical Court of Israel, who examined the full text in detail, added comments in many of the footnotes, and granted his approbation. The set also enjoys approbations from the current Chief Rabbis of Israel, Rav Shlomo Moshe Amar and Rav Yona Metzger; Rav Yakov Y. Eliezrov, Head of the Rabbinical Court of Greater Jerusalem; Rav Gedalia Dov Schwartz, Av Beit Din for both the Chicago Rabbinical Council (CRC) and the Rabbinical Council of America (RCA); and Rav Jacob I. Schochet of Toronto, Canada.

Hebrew only.

http://www.judaism.com/display.asp?etn=CDGCD
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:47 pm

zone wrote:
Sefer Sheva Mitzvot HaShem ( The Book of Seven Divine Commandments ) Volumes I and II is the result of a historic project launched by Ask Noah International in 2005. Expertly compiled in Hebrew by Rabbi Moshe Weiner of Jerusalem and reviewed by prominent Torah scholars, the book examines the halachic details and foundations of the Seven Noahide Commandments.

Hebrew only.

http://www.judaism.com/display.asp?etn=CDGCD

The Noahide Laws - Page 12 A_The-Divine-Code_1

"....there has been a desperate need for a work such as The Divine Code by Rabbi Moshe Weiner of Jerusalem. A translation and explanation of his groundbreaking Hebrew work, Sefer Sheva Mitzvot HaShem (“The Book of Seven Divine Commandments”), this book does much more than merely list an overview of some of the do's and don'ts that are required of a Righteous Gentile (non-Jew). Using a vast breadth of authentic Torah sources, it teaches the reader how the Seven Noahide Commandments are to be observed by Gentiles in their daily lives, and it clarifies the details of these precepts in the light of corresponding details in the Jewish Codes of Torah Law (mainly as expounded in the Mishneh Torah by Rabbi Moses Maimonides, over 800 years ago).

For example, recognizing the transcendent existence and unity of G-d is obviously the foundation of the universal commandment not to worship idols. But there's more to it than making a firm decision at some point in one's religious development. Instead, The Divine Code explains, there is a continuous obligation to be aware of G-d's existence and sovereignty. This obligation for all Gentiles is based on the Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin 56b, and Maimonides' Laws of Kings, 8:10, and it is in keeping with King David's proclamation on the purposeful avoidance of sin: “I place G-d before me always; because He is at my right hand, I shall not falter.” (Psalm 16:8).

...The remaining three Noahide prohibitive commandments, against murder, theft and forbidden sexual relations, will be presented in Volume II....

....Another volume is planned for the seventh Noahide commandment, which is the obligation to establish righteous courts of law....

http://www.noachide.org.uk/html/the_divine_code.html
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Other Religions

All authentic Noachides completely reject all other religions as false, and accept the Jewish faith (with its duel covenants for Jews and Non-Jews) as being the only true faith.

If you need some information about the falseness of other religions, please visit these other websites:

Anti-Xian Missionary Links:

Drazin.com - Their Hollow Inheritance

OutreachJudaism.org

JewsForJudaism.org

www.youtube.com/user/Jews4Judaism

YadLAchimUSA.org.il - YadLeAchim.co.il

Yeshu HaNotzri, The Man In His Own Words: A Torah View of the Founder of Christianity

Aish.com - Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

AskMoses.com - Why do Jews not accept Jesus as a god or a messiah?

http://www.noachide.org.uk/html/other_faiths.html
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 pm

FROM NOACHIDE.ORG

Recently revealed papers of Sir Isaac Newton 1643–1727 show that he believed in G-d and in the divinity of the Hebrew Bible, but denied the 'trinity'! He also studied the Talmud and Maimonides and had a copy of John Seldon’s book in his library!

Article about him on Wikipedia
www.isaac-newton.org
www.isaacnewton.ca

Newton’s Secrets Exhibition in the Jewish National and University Library
An example of Newtons writing about the Noachide Precepts: The Question stated about absteining from blood. by Isaac Newton
The Newton You Never Knew by Arnie Gotfryd

The Constitutions of the Freemasons’, by Rev. Bro. James Anderson, D.D..

Published by the Grand Lodge of England in 1738.

The Old Charges of the Free and Accepted Masons: Charge 1 - Concerning G-d and Religion.

“A Mason is obliged by his tenure to observe the Moral Law, as a true Noachida [Noachidae or Sons of Noah was the first name of Masons according to old traditions]; and if he rightly understands the Craft, he will never be a stupid Atheist, nor an irreligious Libertine, nor act against conscience.

.....They are generally charged to adhere to that religion in which all men agree (leaving each brother to his own particular opinion); that is, to be good men and true, men of honour and honesty, by whatever names, religions, or persuasions they may be distinguished; for they all agree in the...great Articles of Noah, enough to preserve the cement of the Lodge.

Thus Masonry is the center of their union, and the happy means of conciliating persons that otherwise must have remained at a perpetual distance.”

From ‘A Lexicon of Freemasonry’, by Bro. Dr. Albert G. MacKey M. D., Published in 1845.

Noah, Precepts of. – The precepts of the patriarch Noah, which were preserved as the constitutions of our ancient brethren, are seven in number, and are as follows:

Renounce all idols.
Worship the only true God.
Commit no murder.
Be not defiled by incest.
Do not steal.
Be just.
Eat no flesh with blood in it.

The “proselytes of the gate,” as the Jews termed those who lived among them without undergoing circumcision, or observing the ceremonial law, were bound to obey the seven precepts of Noah.

Noachidæ, or Noachites – The descendants of Noah. A term applied to Freemasons. Noah having alone preserved the true name and worship of God, amid a race of impious idolaters, Freemasons claim to be his descendants, because they still preserve that pure religion which distinguished this second father of the human race from the rest of the world. And even when his descendants began again, in the plains of Shinar, to forget the Almighty, and to wander from the path of purity, the principles of Noah were still perpetuated by that portion of his race whom the Freemasons of the present day regard as their early predecessors. Hence Freemasons call themselves Noachidæ, or the sons of Noah

http://www.noachide.org.uk/html/history.html
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Beginning in the early 1980’s Independent groups of Noahides in America sprang up, lead by three former Southern Baptist preachers:

Rev. Vendyl Jones (a former Baptist preacher)
Agudat Bnei Noah, North Texas (Dallas-Fort Worth Metro)

Rev. Jack Saunders (a former Baptist preacher)
B'nei Noah Study Center, The Frazier's Chapel, Cleveland, Tennessee.

Rev. J David Davis (a former Baptist preacher)
The Emmanuel Community, Athens, Tennessee
See: A brief history of the beginnings of the Modern Day Bnai Noach Movement, By Jack E. Saunders

For an excellent history of the Noachide movement see the book:

"Turning to Torah: The Emerging Noachide Movement" by Kim Hanke.

zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 pm

zone wrote:
For an excellent history of the Noachide movement see the book:

"Turning to Torah: The Emerging Noachide Movement" by Kim Hanke.

http://www.amazon.com/Turning-Torah-Emerging-Noachide-Movement/dp/1419681311/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236631126&sr=1-1

oh purleeze.
just read the intro Rolling Eyes
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by On the Edge Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:35 pm

This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted.

This is the notice beneath Part 4 of "The Noahide Deception".

Hope it can be fixed soon, because this series is so revealing to those who haven't heard of them yet!

On the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by zone Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Bulletins and Essays in Noahide Law

Bulletins in the Noahide laws published to date

“The Noahide laws, politics and peace”, Bulletin in the Noahide laws, Vol. 1.No 1, 2005

“The Universal Biblical (Noahide) prohibition on killing”, Bulletin in the Noahide Laws, Volume 3, No. 1 5768 (2008)

“The Universal Biblical (Noahide) law on human sexuality”, Bulletin in the Noahide Laws, Volume 3, No. 2 5768 (2008)

“Israel, the Noahide laws and peace” (Revised), Bulletin in the Noahide Laws, Volume 4, No. 1 5769 (2009)

"Civilization and Sinai”, Bulletin in the Noahide laws Vol 4, no. 2 (2009)

“The Noahide laws and the natural world” Bulletin in the Noahide laws Vol 5, no. 1 (2010)

“Belief in G-d”, Bulletin in the Noahide laws Vol 5, no. 2 (2010)

“Reverence for G-d”, Bulletin in the Noahide laws Vol 5, no. 3 (2010)

“The ethics of exchange and the law of theft” Bulletin in the Noahide laws Vol 6, no. 1 (2011)

“Justice” (Revised version) Bulletin in the Noahide laws Vol 6, no. 2 (2012)

The Institute

The Institute for Judaism and Civilization Inc was founded in 1998. Its task was to explore the interface between Judaism and the arts, sciences and values of general civilization.

It sought a sophisticated communication between society and culture at large and the specific Jewish tradition from Sinai. At the same time, the Institute has a very strong interest in the general ethical tradition for all humanity, also handed down at Sinai, which is known as the Noahide laws or the Seven laws of Noah.

This code which was known to humanity before Sinai and practiced by Noah, the biblical ancestor of humanity after the flood, and Abraham, the father of the great world religious cultures, received its authoritative form at Sinai. The Institute seeks increasingly to research, teach and apply the philosophical and concrete ethical teachings of the Noahide laws.

The Institute for Judaism and Civilization Inc
zone
zone
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by On the Edge Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:13 am

Laws of Noah-spreading by leaps and bounds....

http://www.noahide.org/?cat=4

On the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next